Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 4/21/2015 5:08:21 PM EDT
I'm planning my next 1911, (new style MC Operator, threaded barrel, Nighthawk magwell with new internals)
Has anyone been able, or even tried to match the green Armory Kote with anything aftermarket?
I know i could leave it black, but I'm toying around with ideas right now.
Link Posted: 4/21/2015 10:16:05 PM EDT
[#1]
Personal opinion
But I would go the other way
And black kote the receiver
Link Posted: 4/22/2015 3:04:31 AM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Personal opinion
But I would go the other way
And black kote the receiver
View Quote

What he said
Link Posted: 4/22/2015 12:04:07 PM EDT
[#3]
^^^ What they said.
Link Posted: 4/22/2015 12:05:42 PM EDT
[#4]
SACS can refinish the pistol with the green you request.
Link Posted: 4/22/2015 2:01:48 PM EDT
[#5]
They've got a black/black operator now with a magwell, but not front strap treatment
I like the two tone. On my last one I left the magwell black, might do it again, just looking for different options.
Link Posted: 4/22/2015 8:54:37 PM EDT
[#6]
This is my Champion done in Birdsong black & green T finish, done when I sent it to SACS a few years ago. I don't know how close that is to the MC Operator though. Not a very good pic I'm afraid.

Link Posted: 4/26/2015 9:47:20 AM EDT
[#7]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
This is my Champion done in Birdsong black & green T finish, done when I sent it to SACS a few years ago. I don't know how close that is to the MC Operator though. Not a very good pic I'm afraid.

http://www.ar15.com/media/viewFile.html?i=37892

View Quote

Its just Olive Drab (OD). There are different versions of OD but you should still be able to come pretty close. The whole idea of it in the first place was to simulate the gray/green color of the Parkerized M1911A1 receivers they used in the early MEU-SOC pistols, so really just Parkerized would be more authentic. But, if you want the OD paint, there are many to chose from in bake-on or air-dry epoxy.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top