Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 3/27/2015 1:15:10 PM EDT
Took out my Sig 1911, Colt Rail Gun, and RIA 9mm Tactical.  Had a good time, forgot how often you have to reload with single stacks though,  .

Still need to change out the sights on the Colt to fiber-optics, and then I'll probably put the 3 dots from the Colt onto the RIA.  The sight dovetails should all be the same size right?
Link Posted: 3/27/2015 1:28:28 PM EDT
[#1]
Nice.

Just shot 400 rounds through my 4" operator this morning.
Link Posted: 3/27/2015 1:33:40 PM EDT
[#2]
Nice 1911s.

I think RIA actually uses an oddball cut so the Colt sights may not work.

I am sure someone will be along with specifics.
Link Posted: 3/27/2015 1:41:51 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Nice 1911s.

I think RIA actually uses an oddball cut so the Colt sights may not work.

I am sure someone will be along with specifics.
View Quote

I hope so, I'd really rather know before I buy anything...  
Link Posted: 3/27/2015 3:05:11 PM EDT
[#4]
Get 10 mags for each pistol and reload less.
Link Posted: 3/27/2015 3:43:01 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
View Quote

You mean 10 round mags?  10 mags still means reloading every 7 or 8 rounds.  No matter how many mags you have.  I was comparing it to my higher capacity auto-loaders.

I easily made the 10 magazines per gun for the 45's, but need to pick up more 9mm mags.
Link Posted: 3/27/2015 4:19:28 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:
You mean 10 round mags?  10 mags still means reloading every 7 or 8 rounds.  No matter how many mags you have.  I was comparing it to my higher capacity auto-loaders.

I easily made the 10 magazines per gun for the 45's, but need to pick up more 9mm mags.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Standard cap just 10 ea. Taking teenagers helps with reloading too. My kids are 20 and 22 now and my thumbs are getting old. I need to find someone else to enslave. I need more 1911 mags too.

Link Posted: 3/27/2015 7:59:42 PM EDT
[#7]
Okay, we're talking apples and oranges.  I didn't mean reloading the magazines, I meant reloading the gun...  as in when you shoot it empty and need to get back in the fight...

Link Posted: 3/27/2015 8:54:13 PM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:

Okay, we're talking apples and oranges.  I didn't mean reloading the magazines, I meant reloading the gun...  as in when you shoot it empty and need to get back in the fight...

View Quote
Just remember you can give a serious beat down with a 1911 when empty. Glock not so much. I do have a G21 though.
Link Posted: 3/27/2015 9:38:31 PM EDT
[#9]
How do you like the 9MM RIA?

It is the gun that I have been thinking about getting.

Red

Link Posted: 3/27/2015 9:59:48 PM EDT
[#10]
It's great, the only thing I want to do is put some contrasting sights on it, the black on black isn't cutting it for my old eyes anymore.  I may just paint the front sight, but since I plan on putting night sights or fiber optics onto the Colt, if I can move the Colt 3 dots onto the RIA, that's what I'm going to do.

I had a problem with the right side safety hitting the top of the grip and not fully disengaging, but I took a flat file to the top of the grip and just rounded the top outside edge a bit and now there is plenty of room for the safety to move.

The MSH takes is a little on the larger size too, it actually sticks out from the back of the frame about 1/8" instead of sitting flush, and it's not checkered, or lined, just flat metal.
Link Posted: 3/28/2015 3:02:47 PM EDT
[#11]
Nice looking guns, have a RIA myself.
Link Posted: 3/28/2015 3:08:31 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

Red

View Quote

I think the 9mm RO is a better gun.
Link Posted: 3/28/2015 3:49:22 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Red

Not much to argue with there, oh, yeah, wait... the RIA is available for around 450, the RO for 700, I guess there IS an argument there...  
Link Posted: 3/30/2015 1:19:09 PM EDT
[#14]
It is VERY unlikely the colt sights will fit the RIA.
RIA did not use a true Novak cut in the beginning.

Put 310 rounds through my 9mm RIA yesterday in a class. I had the only 1911 (or even steel gun). After over 7000 rounds and 2 recoil springs, it still runs great.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top