Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 12/21/2014 12:07:04 PM EDT
I currently planning a Form 1 suppressor build for on my GSG 1911-22. How safe would it be to notch the slide to where the slide stop would lock the slide to prevent cycling for a quieter shot? FYI, I would never consider doing this on a 45, this isn't me beating around the bush to not look crazy.
Link Posted: 12/21/2014 4:53:58 PM EDT
[#1]
You will probably get better feed back from the suppressor forum.

A buddy of mine used his thumb to hold back the slide on his High Standard. Yes... that sounds  A BIT WIERD.
His theory was; if the slide did not start moving to does not have much energy. Will be tougher to do on a 1911 type due to the hammer. You could try a gloved heel of palm on the slide to test this (kinda sounds like a dare but it worked for the High Standard).

Just don't try that with anything else that a .22.
Link Posted: 12/21/2014 7:30:43 PM EDT
[#2]
Just hold your thumb up to the slide when you fire, a 22 does not have that much power, I do that with a Ruger 22/45 lite and it works fine.
Link Posted: 12/21/2014 8:11:23 PM EDT
[#3]
TBA suppressors makes a slide lock for ruger MK and 22/45 pistols.
Link Posted: 12/22/2014 7:06:00 AM EDT
[#4]
H&K tried doing the slide lock on the Mark 23 offensive pistol prototypes. Seemed like a good idea for a military weapon. For whatever reason, the production version didn't have it.
Link Posted: 12/22/2014 3:39:27 PM EDT
[#5]
That is because it made/makes more noise to cycle the action after the shot than having the weapon cycle normally (two sounds; one very distinctly weapon like).
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top