Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 11/18/2014 6:30:27 PM EDT
Finally picked up my parkerized AO 1911 today. It's my first pistol.

The first thing I noticed was that the trigger has play to it (wobbly/loose).
It doesn't really bother me, but I'm curious if this is normal for these, and if it is OK/safe either way?
Up and down is the worst. Probably about a mm of play. (it moves up and down til it bumps the trigger guard)

This is a brand new one, 2014 manufacture.

Thanks guys.

Link Posted: 11/18/2014 7:49:36 PM EDT
[#1]
It should be fine.  
Link Posted: 11/19/2014 9:54:15 AM EDT
[#2]
The joys of a sloppy floating 1911 trigger.

Your fine the 1911 trigger is free floating and all do this to some degree. Want it to stop purchase a oversized trigger and file/sand to fit sometimes you may have to add material to the trigger.
Link Posted: 11/19/2014 10:58:43 AM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

Your fine the 1911 trigger is free floating and all do this to some degree. Want it to stop purchase a oversized trigger and file/sand to fit sometimes you may have to add material to the trigger.
View Quote

Thanks!
Ya, I emailed a kahr a video of the play and they said it was normal for a military clone 1911.

Link Posted: 11/19/2014 12:05:32 PM EDT
[#4]
Normal, especially on lower end guns.
Link Posted: 11/19/2014 1:35:05 PM EDT
[#5]
This is a good book to have around when confronted with wobbly-loose, barrel-link pins that slide sideways, front sights flying off, plunger tubes that work loose, grip-screw bushings backing out, etc.

http://www.brownells.com/gunsmith-tools-supplies/books-amp-videos/books/handgun-gunsmithing-books/jerry-kuhnhausen-the-colt-45-automatic-prod13805.aspx

Hopefully none of those things will happen with your Auto-Ordnance.
Link Posted: 11/24/2014 3:45:33 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

Thanks!
Ya, I emailed a kahr a video of the play and they said it was normal for a military clone 1911.

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Thanks!

This is not a common trait that the quality 1911s share.

This is generally limited to the low cost models that receive little to no hand figment of parts.
Link Posted: 11/24/2014 3:46:47 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

Thanks!

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Thanks!

What did you expect to say?
And they lied to you to avoid fixing it.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top