Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 11/14/2014 11:39:22 PM EDT
I have an MC Operator (S/N: NM209XXX) that I recently picked up. It has had some custom work done by SACS (according to Springfield: trigger work, sights, one peice magwell, and front strap stippling) it also has "Tactical" printed on the frame. I have not seen tactical on the frame except with the TRP operator. Anyone else have this? Thanks in advance.

Link Posted: 11/15/2014 12:45:28 AM EDT
[#1]
No clue about the Tactical marking, but that is an awesome looking 1911.
Link Posted: 11/15/2014 1:28:00 AM EDT
[#2]
My MC Operator is NM204xxx and does not have the "Tactical" markings. I have not seen a MC Operator with that marking on it. My guess is someone wanted their MC Operator to be as close to a TRP as possible and had the work done to make it so, including the "Tactical" marking but without the "TRP" since it isn't one. Regardless, that's a nice looking Operator you got there. Enjoy it!
Link Posted: 11/15/2014 2:23:12 AM EDT
[#3]
my MC Operator NM207xxx doesn't have "Tactical" marking.
Link Posted: 11/15/2014 4:00:09 AM EDT
[#4]
Is it a long beach pd model?
Link Posted: 11/15/2014 11:36:07 AM EDT
[#5]
I don't think so. It was made for a local PD initially, but I can't imagine their agency specifically requesting "tactical" placed on the frame. The only thing I can think is that as they wanted the front strap stippling, trigger work, and one peice magwell that a TRP frame was used when these were built, but then again Springfield specifically told me the serial number started as an MC Operator. Either way I'm extremely happy with it and picked up an IWB holster for it yesterday. Concealing it in the winter won't be too hard with a jacket or sweatshirt however I don't think I'll be able to in the summer without printing.
Link Posted: 11/15/2014 4:05:47 PM EDT
[#6]
Might be mistaken, but the front strap on the pistol in the photo appears to be checkered, not stipled. The 20 lpi checkering is standard for the TRP line.
Link Posted: 11/15/2014 4:47:59 PM EDT
[#7]
Yes checkered. I misspoke.
Link Posted: 11/16/2014 12:28:41 PM EDT
[#8]
never seen an mc operator marked "tactical".

that really looks more like a trp operator frame with a mc operator slide.  (novak style sights instead of adjustable, no bull barrel, etc.)

also long beach models dont usually have f/s checkering.

Interesting gun you have there.
Link Posted: 11/16/2014 10:59:36 PM EDT
[#9]
Yes, that looks nice indeed!
Link Posted: 11/16/2014 11:14:21 PM EDT
[#10]
do you happen to have the box?  I'm curious as to what the label on the side actually says as far as model number? Why do you think it was an MC operator at any point in time?  Did it have the model number for an MC on the box that matches the SN?
Link Posted: 11/16/2014 11:28:50 PM EDT
[#11]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
do you happen to have the box?  I'm curious as to what the label on the side actually says as far as model number? Why do you think it was an MC operator at any point in time?  Did it have the model number for an MC on the box that matches the SN?
View Quote

No box. I called Springfield who told me (based on SN) that this was one of a group ordered by a PD which were customized. They told me it started as an MC Operator. I'm going to call them back this week and attempt to get some clarification.
Link Posted: 11/17/2014 8:19:19 PM EDT
[#12]
I can't recall but doesn't their custom shop offer a "tactical package" and they mark it as such? I'm on my phone so I don't want to check but check out their web site.
Link Posted: 11/17/2014 9:17:46 PM EDT
[#13]
Not sure, I'll have to check
Link Posted: 11/17/2014 9:43:36 PM EDT
[#14]
Neither the MC nor Long beach operator's are marked tactical. I am unsure if they will stamp tactical after the fact. The trp upgrade specifically states that there is no trp markings included, but I'm not sure about tactical.

Seems like someone sent in a trp op and had an mc slide fitted, but you said Springfield said the serial indicated an MC op. Very interesting. Good looking pistol and really should be how the trp op's come from the factory.
Link Posted: 11/17/2014 11:30:11 PM EDT
[#15]
That's kind of what I think. The slide and barrel are etched with the ending serial, the fit is amazing between the slide and frame, and the finish work between the slide parts is amazing.
Link Posted: 11/18/2014 1:56:04 PM EDT
[#16]
Check this out.  A Springfield Operator customized somewhat by 10-8, with frontstrap checkering, AND "Tactical" oj the frame.  Apparently not a TRP.
Springfield Operator
Link Posted: 11/18/2014 2:39:09 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
Check this out.  A Springfield Operator customized somewhat by 10-8, with frontstrap checkering, AND "Tactical" oj the frame.  Apparently not a TRP.
Springfield Operator
View Quote

I was going to ask earlier if his pistol had 10-8 stamped on the other side, but then the trigger, slide stop, and rear sight have been changed out from the 10-8 operator

Also the 10-8 operator is a custom shop built pistol in collaboration with 10-8, not simply an MC sent in for work.
Link Posted: 11/18/2014 2:42:55 PM EDT
[#18]
It does not have the 10-8 marking.
Link Posted: 11/21/2014 3:46:30 PM EDT
[#19]
Ok, so the answer I got was they were not necessarily MC operators. They were ordered as MC Operators for the uppers but the frames were ordered modified to TRP standards so they just used TRP frames and fit the MC slides to them. They said the serial number is linked to the entire order, so I assume the first person who told me MC Operator just read the slide specs? They wouldn't send me the details as I'm not the original purchaser. So I guess it's sort of custom but not really a SACS gun. Is that why my slide and barrel have the last three of the SN etched into them? Anyway, I'm extremely happy with it. The fit and finish are excellent probably the best fit together fun I've even owned. The only thing I'm not a huge fan of is the two piece guide rod.
Link Posted: 11/21/2014 4:02:08 PM EDT
[#20]
Cool. Again, the way the TRP op should come standard instead of how it does. All SA pistols have the SN etched in those places, as far as I know.
Link Posted: 11/21/2014 6:00:54 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
the way the TRP op should come standard instead of how it does.
View Quote

^^^ This!
That's a great looking gun!  I really like the black railed receiver with front strap checkering and a mag well.  I'm a big fan of front cocking serrations - so the slide looks perfect to me.

If you ever get bored with that gun.....
Link Posted: 11/22/2014 12:05:25 AM EDT
[#22]
Folks are lacking....so I'll ask

How's it shoot?

Link Posted: 11/22/2014 12:41:16 AM EDT
[#23]
Like a laser, I was actually shocked by the accuracy and function I didn't expect there to be that big of a difference between other Springfield 1911's I've owned. though I only had time to run a few mags through it before I got rained out. I'm looking forward to putting at least a few hundred through it here soon.
Link Posted: 11/22/2014 2:55:14 AM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:
Cool. Again, the way the TRP op should come standard instead of how it does.
View Quote

Whats wrong with hot TRP Ops ship now?
Link Posted: 11/22/2014 11:43:58 AM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

For me, it was the adjustable sights and the full length guide rod.

Link Posted: 11/22/2014 1:02:32 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:
Ok, so the answer I got was they were not necessarily MC operators. They were ordered as MC Operators for the uppers but the frames were ordered modified to TRP standards so they just used TRP frames and fit the MC slides to them. They said the serial number is linked to the entire order, so I assume the first person who told me MC Operator just read the slide specs? They wouldn't send me the details as I'm not the original purchaser. So I guess it's sort of custom but not really a SACS gun. Is that why my slide and barrel have the last three of the SN etched into them? Anyway, I'm extremely happy with it. The fit and finish are excellent probably the best fit together fun I've even owned. The only thing I'm not a huge fan of is the two piece guide rod.
View Quote

Changing guide rods is easier than changing grips, and cheaper, so if that's your only negative, you're good to go.

Enjoy, looks like a sweet blaster, and unique.
Link Posted: 11/22/2014 11:04:42 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

For me personally, I don't like adjustable sights or the bull barrel setup.
Link Posted: 11/25/2014 11:04:41 PM EDT
[#28]
Wow. That's my ultimate 1911....

Very Nice!
Link Posted: 11/25/2014 11:45:28 PM EDT
[#29]
Thank you
Link Posted: 11/26/2014 5:23:33 AM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

I planned on having the adjustable sight replaced until I got it, I like it now. I like the bull barrel but disassembly is a PITA. I'm thinking about getting the Dawson guide rod.
Link Posted: 12/8/2014 8:57:08 PM EDT
[#31]
Interestingly I spoke with the guy who has the serial number one digit below mine. He sent me some pictures of his and it's identical save for the sights have been changed. Funny how it works out. He was debating trading it but decided to keep it now I think.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top