Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 10/28/2014 3:57:15 PM EDT
My girlfriend bought a RIA 2011 tactical with the 4 1/4 (commander) barrel, we are having hell finding a good owb holster. She has a good contentment holster (iwb).  
Anyone got a line on a full rail commander holster?
Link Posted: 10/28/2014 7:24:10 PM EDT
[#1]
Not sure if you're looking for Kydex or leather.

I had the folks at Armordillo Concealment make a custom kydex OWB for my Sig TacOps 1911 with a threaded barrel and Surefire X300 light.  If you can't find what you need on the shelf, Armordillo can build you something custom.  I've been very happy with their holster so far.  

Link Posted: 10/28/2014 7:44:05 PM EDT
[#2]
She is looking for something that will work for taking classes and for when we are just out playing in the desert. She found a FOBUS but my experience with them is 100% shit. I will have her look at the Armordillo site
Link Posted: 10/29/2014 8:01:00 AM EDT
[#3]
bladetech DOH
Link Posted: 10/29/2014 8:15:29 AM EDT
[#4]
I would go kydex. There are loads of people making them these days. Raven Concielment is a good one.
Link Posted: 10/29/2014 11:24:28 AM EDT
[#5]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
She is looking for something that will work for taking classes and for when we are just out playing in the desert.
View Quote

Ok, that puts things in a little better context.  A custom Armordillo or Raven would probably run $100+ and have a long build/wait time.

I have a couple of Comp-Tac Paddle Holsters - they are good kydex, OWB holsters and won't break the bank.  

I would suggest you give them a call and ask if they have a paddle holster that will accommodate the rail.  If not, you might be back to the custom holster makers.

Here's a pix of their paddle holsters.  Obviously not with a railed 1911, but you get the idea.
Link Posted: 10/29/2014 11:30:45 AM EDT
[#6]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
bladetech DOH
View Quote

Check out this link on the 1911 forum.  Someone has pix of an RIA tactical and a Blade Tech OWB.
This might be the solution you're looking for.
Link Posted: 10/29/2014 12:57:13 PM EDT
[#7]
Brian Enos forum has a big thread on 2011 holsters I belive.

Link Posted: 10/29/2014 3:00:38 PM EDT
[#8]
I found yet another kydex holster place (here in Colorado Springs).
They make a bunch of configurations;
Half Cock Holsters LLC
Link Posted: 10/29/2014 5:53:01 PM EDT
[#9]
If goodmedicine makes one its where you want to go.

check the EE for his thread
Link Posted: 11/2/2014 8:26:20 PM EDT
[#10]
Thank everyone. You guys are awesome.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top