Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 9/22/2014 9:14:23 AM EDT
I have experience with the stainless version and was wondering if anyone has any with the blued ones - they're a couple bucks cheaper but appear to be the same magazine.

Any input would be appreciated.
Link Posted: 9/22/2014 10:14:12 AM EDT
[#1]
I second this.
Link Posted: 9/22/2014 11:42:05 AM EDT
[#2]
I have two and have been running them in three of my 1911's, MC Operator, Loaded and DW VBOB for the last few months. So far I have had no issues with them.
Link Posted: 9/22/2014 11:56:07 AM EDT
[#3]
just bought 2 of the black cmc power mag 8's from midway last month and they are the new blackened stainless steel bodies.  You can check the product codes against CMC and they are indeed the new stainless steel bodies on the black ones. They functioned fine out of two different guns
Link Posted: 9/22/2014 5:31:52 PM EDT
[#4]
Where are you finding blued ones?  They quit makin' 'em a couple years ago because they were blued and rusted if not properly cared for.  

I have some, they're just as good as the stainless ones IMO&E...
Link Posted: 9/22/2014 10:47:53 PM EDT
[#5]
The Black Power Mags are Blackened Stainless.  I have been running them for a few years since they came out, at least several thousands of rounds each.  If they last anything like normal, I will be running these for a long time.
Link Posted: 9/23/2014 1:18:40 AM EDT
[#6]
These are the ones I was contemplating.  Believe they're just over $23 with the discount.
Link Posted: 9/23/2014 8:36:38 AM EDT
[#7]
Yes, those are Blackened Stainless.  http://www.cmcmags.com/Powermags.html  The CMC Power Mags are excellent magazines.

Link Posted: 9/25/2014 3:27:25 AM EDT
[#8]
I have 7 of the actual blued magazines. I think they came out in 2011. They work 100% in all but one gun, but that gun is a lemon anyway. I like them.
Link Posted: 9/25/2014 5:59:05 AM EDT
[#9]
Decent magazine bodies, horrible springs.
Link Posted: 10/23/2014 9:22:50 AM EDT
[#10]
I picked up five of these from Bud's for $22.74 each.  I'd also ordered (15) boxes of .223 MSR and shipping was only $12.00 for the whole shooting match.  I have to imagine that just magazines would be a bit less on shipping.

One is odd in that when inserted with the slide locked back, it seems to go in too far and won't drop back out.  The magazine release depresses but does nothing.  If I press lightly on the top of the magazine through the ejection port, it moves very slightly down and the magazine release clicks, then the magazine will drop free.  When loaded and inserted on a closed slide it won't lock in place with mere pressure like my other mags, it has to be given a bump to lock in.  I'm going to see if running some rounds through it will work out the kinks but I may have to take CMC up on their warranty.
Link Posted: 10/23/2014 11:33:59 AM EDT
[#11]
^ The follower is jumping the slide stop.
Link Posted: 10/23/2014 2:14:51 PM EDT
[#12]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
^ The follower is jumping the slide stop.
View Quote

Do you think this can be remedied or should I just use the warranty?

What do you think is happening when mag is loaded and inserted with slide closed?

Good info though, thank you for giving me some direction sir.
Link Posted: 10/23/2014 6:35:56 PM EDT
[#13]
Mine were hit and miss. Sometimes they worked good other times they gave me problems. I am a big fan of the CM mags and love the 8rd SS mags, so I ordered SS followers and installed them in the blued mags. Reliability improved quite a bit. I use the blued for range and the SS for carry. I also use the 10rd power mags. They worked pretty good but they also gave me some FTF issues. I installed Wolf extra power springs and now they are 100% reliable.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top