Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 8/27/2014 7:15:54 PM EDT
I finally purchased a 1911 platform, but got it in 9mm. I will advance to a 45 soon. I bought the basic GI series from Rock Island from Buds for a great price. Plus I think I get a $50 mail in rebate. It should be here on Tuesday. Where is a good place to order extra mags from. I am guessing I will try out a couple brands to see which ones work best. Midway or Brownells are the usual choices, but wondering if anyone had a good deal from another company. Thanks, Scott
Link Posted: 8/28/2014 5:03:24 AM EDT
[#1]
Back when I had a colt in 9mm I bought check mates that did not work. Metalform did and were like 20 bucks each through brownells
While some swear by wilson ( at around 40 each) I have seen some guns that do not like them. Supposedly the best are cobra/ Tripp but I have no experience with them.
Link Posted: 8/28/2014 6:18:49 AM EDT
[#2]
My Rock loves the Wilson ETM's. Those are what I use for competitions. I Kimber and Met Gar for range practice and they have been ok.
Link Posted: 8/28/2014 8:42:49 AM EDT
[#3]
My 9mm RIA hates Wilson but it loves Tripp.

It also has a strong like for Checkmate if you want to go cheaper.
Link Posted: 8/28/2014 9:55:01 PM EDT
[#4]
I run Mec-Gar mags in my RIA that I got from Numrich Gun Parts Corp and they have been flawless through 700 rounds so far. About half the price of high end mags at $22 too.

My brother runs CheckMate mags in his with equally good results.

The only reason I can see for running more expensive mags is if you really want the 10+1 capacity.
Link Posted: 8/29/2014 3:42:09 PM EDT
[#5]
I ordered my metalform 9mm mags from Brownells. They work great in the 9mm tactical.  David
Link Posted: 8/29/2014 4:20:49 PM EDT
[#6]
I have used Checkmates so far with no issues.
Link Posted: 8/30/2014 5:21:38 AM EDT
[#7]
Mec-Gars.

Although the edges of the baseplate on a couple of mine were a little sharp so I took some sandpaper to them & then a bit of paint.
Link Posted: 8/31/2014 9:16:23 AM EDT
[#8]
I use Wilson ETM, Checkmate and Metalform with no problems.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top