Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 7/19/2014 10:05:07 AM EDT
Any experiences you can share would be appreciated.

I've gone from planning on a STI Trojan which is a bit higher than I want to spend to a Citadel but I missed the sale.  Now I'm thinking the Springfield RO as I already have a Loaded in 45 which I've been very very happy with; might as well stick with a brand I know works for me.

Comments on the RO?  Comments on the RO in 9mm?

Thanks
Link Posted: 7/21/2014 10:07:52 AM EDT
[#1]
I picked one up last week. I have not been able to go to the range yet.
Link Posted: 7/21/2014 12:46:44 PM EDT
[#2]
I have the RO in 9mm and .45 and love both.  It goes bang everytime and is plenty accurate. Mine has worked flawlessly thus far, I ran it at last month's IDPA match without issues. I removed the SA safety mainspring housing and installed a magwell on mine. I probably have 500-1000 rounds through mine. They have all been RN or FP, I cannot comment on any HP or SD rounds reliability.  I also bought some of the Metalform 10 round mags and they have worked fine in my gun.
Link Posted: 7/21/2014 4:34:41 PM EDT
[#3]
I have a RO in 9mm...love the thing.  Flawless function and a joy to shoot.

Do it.
Link Posted: 7/21/2014 5:38:11 PM EDT
[#4]
Springfield does 9mm 1911s pretty good.

STI does ok too, but the Springfield has much more potential than the STI.  STIs are decent quality, but the aesthetics are just weird.
Link Posted: 7/22/2014 4:08:55 AM EDT
[#5]
I'm very pleased with mine.  I'm hoping they do the Compact RO model in 9mm as well.
Link Posted: 7/23/2014 12:03:22 PM EDT
[#6]
I liked my .45 Range Officer enough to pick up a 9mm RO. Shoots like a dream; almost no recoil; deadly accurate. Only thing I did was to add a HiViz fiber optic sight for my old eyes. Great value, too.
Link Posted: 7/23/2014 12:28:48 PM EDT
[#7]
So far every example ive seen has had a really good barrel fit.  Slide to frame has been...meh, but i dont expect les baers style of fit from a 700 dollar gun.

The safety is worthless, the ILS is horrible and the front sight needs to go (i personally like fiber fronts) but other than that, its a good starting point.

I would however be aware that if you know what you like in a 1911, you're going to end up spending at least another 200 bones to get the thing set up the way you prefer.  If you just buy guns and shoot them as they come out of the box then the gun is a decent option at its price point.

The Dawson Precision metalform magazines are exceptional quality and function VERY well.
Link Posted: 7/25/2014 2:05:22 PM EDT
[#8]
I bought one a few weeks ago and just had the chance to shoot it a couple of days ago.  I like it, but it would send brass back towards my face every once in a while.  I didn't pay particular attention, but it appeared to be the last round in just one of the two magazines.  I will have to run it through its paces a bit more before I decide how to fix it.  I was using cheap PMC Bronze ammo, and I didn't clean and properly lube the gun before taking it out.  It was a spur of the moment decision to shoot it.

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top