Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 4/18/2014 6:32:53 PM EDT
Well I broke down and added another 1911 to my family of 1911's.

I was needing a commander sized 1911 to fill out the the final size models of my collection.

I went to the LGS to buy a S&W 1911sc-e scandium framed 1911 they had used but it had sold. It was priced right for 895.00.

So look at others available. Colt, good but priced too high for my budget. Springfield Champion, only one available was used and had been scratched up big time.
Ruger, priced right but they were out,dam.

Turn to leave and I hear 'we have kimbers on sale.'

So I look at what is available. I already own a full size classic and love it. Even use it as one of my carry guns.

I ended up with a pro carry 2. Sale priced at 700 out the door. They had two left. And I got one of them.

Now I have already changed the grips out for rose wood. The plan is to change sights to night sights and have the front strap checkered.

For those that have the pro carry, how do you like it?
Link Posted: 4/18/2014 6:44:41 PM EDT
[#1]
Pics or it didn't happen

Just yanking your chain. They are great guns. I don't personally own one but I did help a buddy put 500 rounds through his
Link Posted: 4/18/2014 7:30:33 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Pics or it didn't happen

Just yanking your chain. They are great guns. I don't personally own one but I did help a buddy put 500 rounds through his
View Quote

Just for you.

Interest of note. I found that it fits my milt sparks summer special II for officer size colts just fine.
Link Posted: 4/18/2014 7:37:10 PM EDT
[#3]
I have a PRO carry eclipse target . I like it it was my first 4" 1911. I love it
Mine has the adjustable BO MAR type night sights
Link Posted: 4/18/2014 7:40:37 PM EDT
[#4]
I like mine. I have had it several years.  You got a great price!
Link Posted: 4/19/2014 9:15:13 AM EDT
[#5]
That was a great price for a Kimber. Most of the Kimbers that I have owned cost me about $1000. I've owned several Colts and have had several Kimbers. For the price, the Kimbers are a better value than the Colts. About the same price, but, the Kimbers have more standard features out of the box than the Colts. And, they are just as good as Colts, quality wise. I just sold a Colt Delta Elite and bought a Kimber Custom TL/RL II 10mm for $1,100. Out of the box, the Kimber has a better trigger than  the Colt Delta Elite, night sights (the Colt did not), match trigger and barrel (the Colt did not), and a light rail (the Colt did not). Previously I had a Kimber stainless Pro Carry as well as a Kimber Pro Eclipse. Both were good guns.
Link Posted: 4/19/2014 9:43:16 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

Just for you.

<a href="http://http://i33.photobucket.com/albums/d57/kjeffery/11DEF937-47B3-4880-AB43-07DC23800688.jpg</a>

Interest of note. I found that it fits my milt sparks summer special II for officer size colts just fine.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Pics or it didn't happen

Just for you.

<a href="http://http://i33.photobucket.com/albums/d57/kjeffery/11DEF937-47B3-4880-AB43-07DC23800688.jpg</a>

Purty!
Link Posted: 4/19/2014 5:01:24 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
I like mine. I have had it several years.  You got a great price!
View Quote

Ya, I was suprised at the price too. My local gunshop runs these sales once a month on different manufacturers when a change over in models is expected or they need to make room in the display.

Bought most of my carry guns this way. Sig's, Kimber, and springfields all under 600 dollars which is why I stay broke all the time.
Link Posted: 4/19/2014 5:33:58 PM EDT
[#8]
Good for you , hope you like it

I like mine .
Link Posted: 4/19/2014 6:54:48 PM EDT
[#9]
My PC2 has been fine.  Make sure you get some skirted followers for your mags (I like Trips) to prevent feed ramp gouge.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top