Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 4/13/2014 5:52:00 PM EDT
This video has probably been shown here before but is case it hasn't it is worth watching for Makarov owners.

Makarov Torture Test Video
Link Posted: 4/13/2014 9:17:33 PM EDT
[#1]
Anyone know anything about the macs de-cocker firing the round in the chamber on some models? Its the only reason I dont have dozens of these little babies.

No one likes your thread.
Link Posted: 4/14/2014 5:35:33 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Anyone know anything about the macs de-cocker firing the round in the chamber on some models? Its the only reason I dont have dozens of these little babies.

No one likes your thread.
View Quote

I have never heard of a Makarov firing while using the de-cocker but I'd be interested to hear of any cases. The de-cocker is pretty un-nerving using the first time when you see how fast the hammer falls.

I do recall a case where someone had purchased a surplus Makarov that was covered in old cosmoline. From what I remember, the firing pin was essentially glued by the cosmoline so it was extending into the chamber and the pistol fired when the owner racked in a round into the chamber. That story got me to shake my Makarovs so I can hear the firing pin rattle around so I know it is free before racking a round into the chamber.

For as hard as it is finding a nice military Makarov these days, I agree the torture test video is hard to watch but it does impress me for the toughness of the Makarov. I'd never do it myself, but being able to shoot and cycle after being submerged in sand is what amazed me the most.
Link Posted: 4/15/2014 11:40:06 PM EDT
[#3]
I have only heard the de-cocker thing when it is regarding CZ-52's, never a Makarov or variant.
Link Posted: 5/29/2014 1:03:30 PM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I have only heard the de-cocker thing when it is regarding CZ-52's, never a Makarov or variant.
View Quote

What I was going to post.
Link Posted: 5/29/2014 1:43:43 PM EDT
[#5]
The mak is a great pistol. I bought mine when funds wouldn't allow even considering anything else. For years, it was my faithful companion.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top