Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 1/20/2014 8:57:44 PM EDT
Are there any current production guns that are 9x18.  I only ask, because I can't help myself, and need more stuff.  My broom riding witch of an ex wife, would call it a sickness.  LOL

Seriously, are there any guns that are US/current production, that can be had?  The cat's ass, would be a Glock conversion barrel!  Got any ideas?  Thanks guys
Link Posted: 1/27/2014 3:10:55 AM EDT
[#1]
My evil plan is to eventually bore out an M&P barrel, and press a turned down Makarov chambered barrel into it similar to sleeving a .22 barrel... The .40 and .357 Sig M&Ps will function with no problems if you swap a 9x19 barrel into them... so theoretically, if the magazine can hold it well enough, it should run 9x18 too... I hope...

Aside from that, I have often thought of trying to get a conversion barrel, or make one for any of the plethora of .380 guns out there...
Link Posted: 1/30/2014 7:59:01 AM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
My evil plan is to eventually bore out an M&P barrel, and press a turned down Makarov chambered barrel into it similar to sleeving a .22 barrel... The .40 and .357 Sig M&Ps will function with no problems if you swap a 9x19 barrel into them... so theoretically, if the magazine can hold it well enough, it should run 9x18 too... I hope...

Aside from that, I have often thought of trying to get a conversion barrel, or make one for any of the plethora of .380 guns out there...
View Quote

I don't believe 9x18 will cycle the M&P properly. If I am not mistaken, it is exclusively used in simple blowback actions.

Link Posted: 1/30/2014 8:07:56 AM EDT
[#3]
OP- I am not sure why you don't consider one of the many fine surplus guns chambered for 9x18. They are still easy to find at gun shows although prices have been going up on them.

If you really want "new" you could by a current production CZ83 in .380 (I believe they are still offered) and then buy a surplus replacement barrel in 9x18 (lots of them on the auction sights) and do a barrel swap. It is relatively easy if you have the jig to do it. If you don't want to DIY, you should be able to find someone to do it, while you wait, for pretty cheap.

I remember a few years ago, the big craze was swapping barrels so your Makarov could shoot .380
Link Posted: 2/2/2014 12:35:55 AM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:

I don't believe 9x18 will cycle the M&P properly. If I am not mistaken, it is exclusively used in simple blowback actions.

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I know I've pondered this as well. I'm not sure if swapping out to a lighter (possibly much lighter) recoil spring would help. There are .380 pistols that have locking lugs, and the 9x18 does have a bit more oomph than the .380 does. EIther way the project will be a good time killer for me.
Link Posted: 2/14/2014 6:14:20 PM EDT
[#5]
CZ-83s in 9x18 occasionally appear on Gunbroker. They were available in satin stainless finish as well as blued.  CZ discontinued them a few years ago. Don't know of anything more modern than that.
Link Posted: 2/28/2014 9:50:21 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:

CZ-83s in 9x18 occasionally appear on Gunbroker. They were available in satin stainless finish as well as blued.  CZ discontinued them a few years ago. Don't know of anything more modern than that.
View Quote
I have a satin stainless CZ-83 in 9X18 MAK. It was one of ten in that finish imported by Makarov.com. It is my one and only safe queen.

Link Posted: 2/28/2014 10:53:07 PM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:

I have a satin stainless CZ-83 in 9X18 MAK. It was one of ten in that finish imported by Makarov.com. It is my one and only safe queen.  
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Makarov.com imported ten but I assume there were some others already here. The satin ones are beautiful and the blued ones have a very deep finish.  Very appropriate for a safe queen.

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top