Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 2/23/2004 6:59:51 AM EDT
This Luger will be raffled off next year in the American Handgunner.  I finished it in the white and have sent it to Brian Powley engravers for a full engraving treatment.  I have petitioned him to do it in a German Oak Leaf and Acorn pattern and I sure hope he will.  I will rust blue it after he is done with the engraving.  The gun was made from a shooter Luger by Neil Keller at Kustom Ballistics. Here are the websites and pictures.  The barrel is 2 & 5/8" and in 9mm Luger (Para.)
members.rennlist.com/lugerman/AHBabyLugerD2EXIF.jpg
members.rennlist.com/lugerman/AHBabyLugerD1EXIF.jpg
www.powleyengraving.com/
www.kustom-ballistics.com/
Link Posted: 2/23/2004 7:12:43 AM EDT
[#1]
None of my business, but given the value of documented and rare "all SNs matching" Lugers (which I have no idea if this is the case with the one above, but is with the "SS" nickel plated DWM one I own, not as old as yours) why would you do this?

Will this not cause the pistol to worth less?

duuuhhh, I'm stupid, as I overlooked "The gun was made from a shooter Luger by Neil Keller at Kustom Ballistics", sorry, but.....

What would be the interest in an old Luger of dubious maufacture?

It would not be worth much more than a new one, would it?

Mike
Link Posted: 2/23/2004 7:29:28 AM EDT
[#2]
Mike, I guess we will have to see what interest is generated by the raffle.  I have no idea what the value would be.
Link Posted: 2/23/2004 5:19:56 PM EDT
[#3]
I am so impressed at how sharp you have recut the profile shapes on the sideplate.
Looks like new, only better.
This will be a real interesting one to watch, can't wait to see how the engraving comes out.
Wouldn't this make a fun carry gun?
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top