Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 5/28/2015 12:52:13 AM EDT
I've done some research, but my google-fu is weak. I even grabbed a gun value book at the library, it was massive and might as well have been written in Chinese. I'd appreciate any knowledge of what I got my hands on and an idea of value. I know my pictures leave some to be desired, but everywhere I look (including the magazine) it has matching numbers.

Link Posted: 5/28/2015 8:56:48 AM EDT
[#1]
ERFURT

eta

I know virtually nothing about Lugers. They are highly collectible though because so many variations were built.

Looks like you got a good one!

DO NOT SHOOT IT!!!
Link Posted: 5/30/2015 8:56:18 AM EDT
[#2]
It's a reblued 1917 Erfurt made P08 Luger....Erfurt made Gewer M98 rifles and P08 Lugers both artillery and standard 4" versions during WWI..Erfurt being a royal armory that probably produced all sorts of armaments and munitions during WWI
Link Posted: 5/30/2015 2:27:18 PM EDT
[#3]
Definitely polished & reblued. Original blueing isn't near that "glossy." The trigger, safety, etc. would be strawed.

What you've got now is just a real pretty shooter. Collector's value isn't that much - sub $1000 at this point.

Change the springs, some Mecgar mags, and some standard velocity (non +p) 115 or 124 9mm ammo and enjoy shooting a piece of history.

I've got a beautify polished, reblued & strawed G date (1935) matching luger that's my "pretty shooter."
Link Posted: 5/30/2015 4:36:30 PM EDT
[#4]
You have a reblued shooter. Any history and real value was buffed out.
Link Posted: 6/1/2015 10:07:10 AM EDT
[#5]
FrankSymptoms got my hopes pretty high. Really no chance that is the original finish? It has been sitting in the safe untouched for the last 50 years. Its #1 out of 5 or 6 guns that I'm going to try and value to sell off. I hate selling guns, but paying down debt is a priority right now.
Link Posted: 6/1/2015 10:14:43 AM EDT
[#6]
There is 0.0% chance that is original finish, sorry. Here is what an original Erfurt looks like.

Link Posted: 6/1/2015 7:59:35 PM EDT
[#7]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
FrankSymptoms got my hopes pretty high. Really no chance that is the original finish? It has been sitting in the safe untouched for the last 50 years. Its #1 out of 5 or 6 guns that I'm going to try and value to sell off. I hate selling guns, but paying down debt is a priority right now.
View Quote

Sorry 'bout that, friend. Like I said, I know virtually nothing about them.

My youngest brother inherited our dad's American Eagle Luger. Original finish, matching numbers, etc. The appraiser's eyes lit up when he saw it; said "Don't shoot it!"

As for guns vs. bills, BTDT. I hate selling guns  at any time.
Link Posted: 6/3/2015 6:54:01 PM EDT
[#8]
Thanks P08, that makes it pretty dang clear.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top