Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 7/8/2014 11:16:25 AM EDT
I took a common P1 with the phospate finish and stripped it from the Barrel and slide, then redid both in a high polish salt blue to make it look more like a commercial variation.
The slide close up of the P1. I was just tired of looking at the blah finish on the Post War P1. This is the final version I came up with and I love the marking/bluing contrast

Link Posted: 7/14/2014 12:57:26 PM EDT
[#1]
That looks great - can you tell us how you had it blued?  Did you DIY or??

I've done slow rust blue and Belgian Blue - both are slow process - I have two P1s, one is early and  marked "P-38" but its an Alumimum frame gun.
I wouldn't mind trying that out on one that is parked.

Link Posted: 7/14/2014 4:54:39 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
That looks great - can you tell us how you had it blued?  Did you DIY or??

I've done slow rust blue and Belgian Blue - both are slow process - I have two P1s, one is early and  marked "P-38" but its an Alumimum frame gun.
I wouldn't mind trying that out on one that is parked.
View Quote

Walther made the aluminum framed P-38 up until they discontinued the design in the mid-1990's.

After the war Walther made the P-38 for sales to German police, foreign military contract sales, and commercial sales all over the world.
The P1 marked guns were nothing more than the P-38 marked for use by the West German military who adopted the P-38 as the "Pistole One", or P1.
Link Posted: 7/23/2014 6:18:06 PM EDT
[#3]
They did change to the "fat slide" which your P1 has, as a remedy for cracked slides that P 38s can have, especially with modern, hotter ammo.
Link Posted: 7/22/2015 10:59:00 PM EDT
[#4]
Not nearly anywhere CLOSE to what you can do, Thor, but I took a beautiful consition grey as heck P1 hex and chemically just stripped the living hell out of any grease or oil and then gave it the CeraKote treatment.

They looks sooooo much better when all black:

Link Posted: 7/31/2015 10:42:37 AM EDT
[#5]
Desertmoon-great job, I love what you did to that weapon.  really nice
Link Posted: 7/31/2015 10:14:13 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:

Desertmoon-great job, I love what you did to that weapon.  really nice

View Quote
Thank you, Sir....it actually looks better in person than in photos....I am not that great of a photographer.  I just added a set of wooden grips that just look GREAT against the black.

Link Posted: 8/2/2015 9:46:31 PM EDT
[#7]
I tell ya, Thor, this gun just hates to have its' picture taken....the sun was just DIRECTLY on it...so the wood is a bit bleached looking.....
These were from CDNN...I don't know how does their grips but these fit better than the original plastic....however the plastic grips have a more comfortable feel.  I am gonna try the Walther Banner type next and see how those feel.
]

Link Posted: 8/8/2015 9:45:32 PM EDT
[#8]
Those wooden grips look really nice on your Walther P1!
Link Posted: 8/12/2015 9:48:22 PM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:

Those wooden grips look really nice on your Walther P1!
View Quote

Thank you, Sir!!!  I really like 'em!!!

Link Posted: 5/12/2016 12:55:28 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
I tell ya, Thor, this gun just hates to have its' picture taken....the sun was just DIRECTLY on it...so the wood is a bit bleached looking.....

These were from CDNN...I don't know how does their grips but these fit better than the original plastic....however the plastic grips have a more comfortable feel.  I am gonna try the Walther Banner type next and see how those feel.

]http://www.ar15.com/media/viewFile.html?i=78910

http://www.ar15.com/media/viewFile.html?i=78909

View Quote

What color cerakote did you use? Also, what did you use to do the color on the markings on the slide?
Link Posted: 5/12/2016 11:06:55 PM EDT
[#11]
PM Sent, Good Sir!!!

Link Posted: 6/6/2016 5:46:38 AM EDT
[#12]
Pistols look fantastic, first thing I did when I got my P1 years ago was remove the paint from the frame and Ceramacoat it.
Link Posted: 10/29/2016 7:32:00 PM EDT
[#13]
" />

This is a police p1 that had the dull finish...I used a small DREMEL and polished most of the the dullness out with Mothers mag polish and added the wood grips.  Almost looks great.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top