Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 10/4/2013 12:29:55 AM EDT
I am having trouble with a mec-gar Luger magazine. My original magazine will feed fine, but a dent in the magazine body causes it not to feed correctly. I picked up one mec gar magazine for it at a gun show and it won't feed at all. It will miss the round completely unless I push upward on the bottom of the mag. Then it will catch it and send the round straight up.

The bottom of the magazine does not fit flush against the frame either.
Link Posted: 10/4/2013 8:58:52 AM EDT
[#1]
Does the other mag latch in tight?
Link Posted: 10/4/2013 11:54:57 AM EDT
[#2]
Yes it does. It also feeds fine until the follower gets to the dent in the magazine body.
Link Posted: 10/4/2013 5:32:20 PM EDT
[#3]
Compare the catch hole on both mags, maybe the Mec Gar needs trimmed?
Link Posted: 10/31/2013 3:37:10 PM EDT
[#4]
I may be an issue with the gun after all. The other day I went outside and manual cycled some rounds with the mec-gar and it worked fine. Took it to the range today and shot a mag, then noticed it wasn't going all the way into battery. Once again the little pin on top backed out and the plunger fell out of the round things (what you grab to charge it). Got that back in and then managed to shoot 3-4 mags without a single hiccup. Then suddenly it quit feeding correctly again.
Link Posted: 10/31/2013 3:37:36 PM EDT
[#5]
I may be an issue with the gun after all. The other day I went outside and manual cycled some rounds with the mec-gar and it worked fine. Took it to the range today and shot a mag, then noticed it wasn't going all the way into battery. Once again the little pin on top backed out and the plunger fell out of the round things (what you grab to charge it). Got that back in and then managed to shoot 3-4 mags without a single hiccup. Then suddenly it quit feeding correctly again.
Link Posted: 10/31/2013 3:38:22 PM EDT
[#6]
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top