BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 2/18/2017 6:21:13 PM EDT
I've got a 14.45 lda that I picked up used in 2000 for a screaming good deal,

In the intervening time I've shot the ever loving shit out of it,
as a result the important parts have about worn themselves out,
I need a transfer drawbar platform and a new sear,

The problem is that all of the parts available now are not replacements for the early lda parts, as in the sear shape is different, the drawbar support system was completely changed, and widths and geometries were changed.

Normally I don't have an issue with "fitting" 1911 parts, but the current generation doesn't even fit in the reciever in a way that allows the ears and wings to fit where they belong

Does anyone have any idea where I can find some legitimate first gen style parts so I can get the beast back up and running?
Link Posted: 3/26/2017 1:41:01 PM EDT
[#1]
I take it you have contacted Numrich Gun Parts corp then....

I know when Para Ordanace was sold off, a lot of the LDA stuff when to Sarco.  They listed complete frames and slides on their site last I looked. Scratch that... the complete LDA frames are gone.... guess I waited too long.... :(

I'm bummed that under the reorganization to ParaUSA, the LDAs were canned...
Link Posted: 5/16/2017 9:38:59 PM EDT
[#2]
I had an issue with my P14 LDA and contacted the factory.  It cost me $75 to have them completely rebuild the thing and ship it back to me a couple of years ago.  When they fixed the parts that were bad the tested the gun and decided that the frame had worn and was out of their spec.  so what did they do?  They replaced the whole frame with a NOS Canadian Frame!  All for the originally quoted $75 for the fix I sent it in for.  Hell, they even included a new plastic gun box when they sent it back.  All of that for a beat up old second hand pistol that I bought off of a local gun forum for a song.  I was really impressed with the service that they provided.  Might be worth contacting them.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top