Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 5/22/2017 9:10:33 AM EDT
Has anybody had a chance to compare these 2 frames. I want to know if the gen4 is basically the same size, or if the Timberwolf is still smaller/thinner/narrower.

Thanks.
Link Posted: 5/22/2017 9:33:10 AM EDT
[#1]
It is more changing the grip angle that a lot of people do not like about the Glock and the hump.
Link Posted: 5/22/2017 10:15:55 AM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
It is more changing the grip angle that a lot of people do not like about the Glock and the hump.
View Quote
Thanks.
I'm (still) trying to get a glock frame with an improved trigger reach without chopping on the gen4 I have. If I do a grip reduction and it still just isn't for me, I have drastically reduced the resale value of a gun will have to sell.  I tried my friends gen3 with a trigger upgrade, no dice. Maybe a shorter trigger on my gen4 would do the trick, or maybe I would just be throwing away even more money.
That's why I am asking specifically about the lonewolf compared to a gen4.
Link Posted: 5/22/2017 10:42:00 PM EDT
[#3]
The Timberwolf frame doesn't work with the Gen 4 slide and stuff. If you want to build up a Timberwolf, you will need some major new parts.
Link Posted: 5/23/2017 6:29:49 AM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
The Timberwolf frame doesn't work with the Gen 4 slide and stuff. If you want to build up a Timberwolf, you will need some major new parts.
View Quote
I have a gen4 right now, it is not what I had hoped it would be. If the timberwolf frame is basically the same size as a gen4 then there is no point in even thinking about it. But if the timberwolf frame is narrower and thinner through the web and trigger area then it might be worth it to me to sell the gen4 and use the money to pursue a timberowlf frame.
Link Posted: 5/24/2017 8:41:08 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

I have a gen4 right now, it is not what I had hoped it would be. If the timberwolf frame is basically the same size as a gen4 then there is no point in even thinking about it. But if the timberwolf frame is narrower and thinner through the web and trigger area then it might be worth it to me to sell the gen4 and use the money to pursue a timberowlf frame.
View Quote
I bought a Gen 4 Glock 19 with the idea of transferring the parts to a Timberwolf frame. I quickly found out the larger diameter recoil spring has a larger seat spring guide which enlarges the muzzle of the slide, which no longer fits the Timberwolf frame. I ended up getting a new slide, barrel and most of the little parts to build a second "Glock 19". I like both but I probably wouldn't have done it that way if I knew before hand the incompatibility.

The Glock 19 comes with a bad trigger and plastic, junk sights. Fixing those plus modifying one of the pin on back straps has given me something I can work with. Both are very accurate, but the Glock is a bit more accurate.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top