Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 3/26/2017 9:27:05 AM EDT
As the title says: I just wanted to share a pic of my Champion Operator with the grip swap. The Alien's, slim-line, ambi-cut, beveled bottom... are the most comfortable grips I've tried to date and have the perfect amount of grip bite. I'm going to try them out at the range soon enough.

The only suck part about the swap was that Springfield uses Loc-Tite on their grip bushings ... Even with a proper bushing removal tool from Brownells and a heat gun; I still managed to mangle the 1 of the soft Springer bushings removing them. Decided to stop fuckin' around and got out the, "lock wrench pliers" and very delicately went to work getting said bushings out. New VZ "Universal" bushings went in great, torqued down evenly/correctly sans the stupid Loc-Tite of course! The pistol is even more "pointable" now than before. I should have done these long ago with every 1911 I've ever owned.

Link Posted: 3/26/2017 11:44:31 AM EDT
[#1]
Very nice

Looks like my loaded's cousin with that ivory color.
I have VZs double diamond on mine.

Pic of the other side?

Pic of cousin
Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 3/26/2017 1:06:38 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Very nice

Looks like my loaded's cousin with that ivory color.
I have VZs double diamond on mine.

Pic of the other side?
View Quote
Thanks bro! Yeah, I'll get more pics up later, different angles, other side, with the TLR-1s attached... Photobucket makes it hard to post pics of firearms I believe on purpose but I digress.

This little gem has become the downstairs Home Defense pistol over the last (2) weeks. The upstairs HD pistol is a CZ [SP-01] with a TLR-4, VZ frags. But I've been carrying the Operator up with a couple of McCormick's new "RPM" 10Round mags. I need to do a review of the RPM's if someone here hasn't done one on them already. They are becoming my go-to's for 10R mags.

03RN, post a pic of the Double Diamond VZ's here if you got em'. I've seen them on the VZ site but not on an actual pistol.
Link Posted: 3/26/2017 1:27:25 PM EDT
[#3]
OP, that looks nice. I haven't seem any reviews on here of those mags. Mind posting one?
Link Posted: 3/26/2017 5:16:47 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
OP, that looks nice. I haven't seem any reviews on here of those mags. Mind posting one?
View Quote
Yeah, I want to go shoot with them once more before I give the positive review I'm thinking they deserve. I'll probably get to go next Saturday and post up afterwards... I will say the mag springs and feed lips are the stoutest I've seen. I can't really see the mag feed lips seperating/spreading on this new design but then again I haven't shot a match with them nor dropped them on concrete, yet...
Link Posted: 3/27/2017 4:07:44 PM EDT
[#5]
Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File

Kinda dirty

Id like to find a used set to try out the thin grips. I've really liked them in the past but don't know if I actually shoot them better.

Looking forward to the magazine review. I need a couple 10 rounders for carry.
Link Posted: 3/27/2017 4:09:08 PM EDT
[#6]
Very nice looking handgun...
Link Posted: 3/27/2017 4:23:35 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/433221/1490645157203-459193274-175338.JPG

https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/433221/1490645290924479316233-175341.JPG

Kinda dirty

Id like to find a used set to try out the thin grips. I've really liked them in the past but don't know if I actually shoot them better.

Looking forward to the magazine review. I need a couple 10 rounders for carry.
View Quote
Beautiful piece there 03RN! Nice grips man! Definitely try a pair of the Slim-Lines. I think you will love them and the way you get a bit of extra grip and finger placement. I like my pistols kinda dirty too! I usually run a bore snake 3-4 times and follow up with one wet patch partially soaked in M-Pro-7 down the barrel after shooting; and that is usually good enough till the next range visit.
Link Posted: 3/27/2017 4:25:41 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
Very nice looking handgun...
View Quote
Thanks Aggie!
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top