Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 2/22/2017 1:50:27 AM EDT
Never handled a cz pistol, which would you choose?
Link Posted: 2/22/2017 3:30:47 AM EDT
[#1]
I like the Original CZ 75B.
I'm not a big fan of poly pistols.
Link Posted: 2/22/2017 10:18:53 AM EDT
[#2]
Do you want a polymer or alloy frame?  Both are great pistols.  If you plan to carry the P-07 might be the better option.
Link Posted: 2/22/2017 12:12:51 PM EDT
[#3]
My P01 feels better in my hand.  My P07 shoots better groups.

Lots of aftermarket parts for both.

Probably better holster selection for the P01 (been around longer).

Magazines for the P01 are definitely cheaper.

I've only bought the one P01 (aluminum frame Compact with a light rail) but over the last few months I've bought a couple of the steel framed CZ 75 Compacts.  I don't mind the little bit of extra weight or the lack of a rail for occasional EDC.  The P07 is my regular EDC though.
Link Posted: 2/22/2017 12:16:16 PM EDT
[#4]
I have the P-01 and thinking about getting a P-07. I don't think you can go wrong with either one .Which one calls to you the most ? That's the one to buy. 
Link Posted: 2/23/2017 1:29:01 AM EDT
[#5]
Will mainly be use as a range toy
Link Posted: 2/23/2017 1:43:36 AM EDT
[#6]
I bought a P07 first, then an SP01. The steel 75 is a flat out better gun. Both of mine have SRT kits from CGW and various other improvements, and while it's not night and day, the difference is clear.

The P07 is a fantastic polymer gun, but the P01 is just better.

If it's just a range toy, get an SP01 or SP01 Tactical. Other 75s should be considered too, but the SP01 (P01) frame is the cats ass.
Link Posted: 2/23/2017 6:40:12 AM EDT
[#7]
Of those you list, neither. Instead go with the 75-SA. Much, much better trigger.

My .o2
Link Posted: 2/25/2017 1:43:45 AM EDT
[#8]
P-01 is Decocker  (in theory the Omega convertible version came out a year and a half ago but in typical CZ fashon they are pretty much vaporware)

P-07 is Decocker or Safety user swapable.

I went with a P-07 because I have zero use for a gun with a decocker.  P-01 magazines are much cheaper than P-07 mags though.  Weight is within an ounce or so (aluminum vs poly).  Trigger takeup is fairly excessive on either.

For a range gun, or home use, or if you don't mind carting around a big heavy gun then the CZ-75 SA would be my choice of all of them.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top