Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 2/17/2017 9:18:34 PM EDT
For some reason, I just love these things and really want one. Anyone else have one and like it?
Link Posted: 2/17/2017 9:23:01 PM EDT
[#1]
My dad has one. He has the .357 and 45LC/.410 barrels for it. He seems to like it.
Link Posted: 2/17/2017 9:37:35 PM EDT
[#2]
I want to like them, and I have nothing bad to say about them. But it's a lot of $$$ for only 2 rounds. A spare magazine would weigh about the same and carry more ammo.
Link Posted: 2/17/2017 9:56:03 PM EDT
[#3]
I have a "Snake Slayer" that I got for cowboy action shooting. I carry it when I am out at the ranch in the glove box of my Polaris Ranger loaded with .410 shells for rattlers.....

Link Posted: 2/19/2017 3:54:18 AM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I have a "Snake Slayer" that I got for cowboy action shooting. I carry it when I am out at the ranch in the glove box of my Polaris Ranger loaded with .410 shells for rattlers.....
View Quote

How do the .410's shoot out of the rifled barrel?
Link Posted: 2/19/2017 4:00:23 AM EDT
[#5]
My father in law has one. Heavy heavy trigger and shoots minute of barn door. Waste of money in my opinion but to each his own
Link Posted: 2/19/2017 9:31:57 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

How do the .410's shoot out of the rifled barrel?
View Quote

It will shoot "Minute of snake" at 5-7 yards......
Link Posted: 2/19/2017 9:45:34 PM EDT
[#7]
A gun store recently went out of business around me and I bought a cobra derringer for $75.00. It was brand new, I know cobra is low end but it shoots just fine and I've wanted a derringer for a while. its a .380 caliber. Fun to shoot haven't had any issues so far, don't think I would carry it though.
Link Posted: 2/20/2017 12:31:44 AM EDT
[#8]
I have one in .45 auto. I think it's a 3 inch barrel, but I could be wrong. Trigger sucks, but I can definitely make solid hits at 7 yards.

I wouldn't ever carry it for back up because it cost as much as a Smith 442, weighs more and it harder to shoot! But it is a fun gun.

If I could get a deal on the new "Texan" 6 inch barrels, I would probably buy them.
Link Posted: 2/20/2017 1:18:02 PM EDT
[#9]
I have a couple and several barrels. 410/45lc, 10mm, 44 magnum,9mm,22wmr. All of them are reasonably accurate for under 10 yards self defense and other than the 44 mag with full power ammo are fun to shoot.
Link Posted: 2/20/2017 1:59:46 PM EDT
[#10]
I would get to get one for fun but I would never carry it for ccw. It only has 2 rounds, accuracy is not that great with a heavy trigger pull,it is the size of some single stack 9mm/40 pistols and you have to pull back the hammer for each shot. A friend let me shoot one and it is fun to shoot but too many cons and if you miss, you are in deep.
Link Posted: 2/20/2017 2:19:02 PM EDT
[#11]
I won't even own one as a range toy.
Link Posted: 3/17/2017 12:17:25 AM EDT
[#12]
I have one, the Bond Girl Mini, which is their smallest model.  It's a .357 magnum and I love it.  Obviously they aren't super accurate at anything past "close quarters" but it's a derringer, it's not designed to be.  It is more than accurate enough for what it's designed for.  The hammer/trigger on the early models (like mine) are fairly heavy, not insanely heavy but heavy, however, those issues were fixed a few years ago with a redesign. You can send early models in to be retrofitted with the new parts if you wish, there is a small fee.  The guns with the longer barrels and lighter triggers are obviously much more accurate than the ones most people on here are probably shooting.  Bond Arms is now offering 6" barrels! They look crazy and I'm not a huge fan but I'm sure some folks will love them.  I do plan to buy a barrel set in .45Colt/.410 with a 3-4" barrels one of these days for mine. I've had big tough guys at the range refuse to shoot mine and tell me I'm crazy for shooting a .357 magnum that small lol.  It's not a pussycat but it's not a lion either, very comfortable to shoot in my opinion.

For what they are, they are awesome.  The Bond Arms derringer is literally the Cadillac of derringers and has a very large fan base.  If you want a derringer this the brand to buy.  You can't compare derringers with other guns because there just isn't any comparison, it's the ultimate apples vs oranges comparison.  

Link Posted: 3/18/2017 12:14:09 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
I have one, the Bond Girl Mini, which is their smallest model.  It's a .357 magnum and I love it.  Obviously they aren't super accurate at anything past "close quarters" but it's a derringer, it's not designed to be.  It is more than accurate enough for what it's designed for.  The hammer/trigger on the early models (like mine) are fairly heavy, not insanely heavy but heavy, however, those issues were fixed a few years ago with a redesign. You can send early models in to be retrofitted with the new parts if you wish, there is a small fee.  The guns with the longer barrels and lighter triggers are obviously much more accurate than the ones most people on here are probably shooting.  Bond Arms is now offering 6" barrels! They look crazy and I'm not a huge fan but I'm sure some folks will love them.  I do plan to buy a barrel set in .45Colt/.410 with a 3-4" barrels one of these days for mine. I've had big tough guys at the range refuse to shoot mine and tell me I'm crazy for shooting a .357 magnum that small lol.  It's not a pussycat but it's not a lion either, very comfortable to shoot in my opinion.

For what they are, they are awesome.  The Bond Arms derringer is literally the Cadillac of derringers and has a very large fan base.  If you want a derringer this the brand to buy.  You can't compare derringers with other guns because there just isn't any comparison, it's the ultimate apples vs oranges comparison.  

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v660/Brandiwynter/Mobile%20Uploads/2012-12/IMG_20121227_171312_zpsnyxgisem.jpg
View Quote
Right on, how do you carry it?
Link Posted: 3/18/2017 12:42:09 PM EDT
[#14]
I suppose if I needed to sneak a gun in someplace illegally, the derringer would be easier, but since I wouldn't do that it isn't important.

I don't see the purpose.  Anywhere I can carry a derringer is also a place where I can carry a full sized gun.  Why would I choose the derringer with all its liabilities when the full sized gun has none of them?
Link Posted: 3/18/2017 11:54:55 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:

Right on, how do you carry it?
View Quote
If I carry it, I usually just put it in my front pocket.  It's extremely safe because it A. Has to be cocked to fire B.  Has a safety and C.  Has a hammer block D.  I don't carry anything else in the pocket with it.  Only danger is when wearing loose waisted shorts the weight of the derringer will definitely cause a "wardrobe malfunction" lol.  Jeans are a better choice.  In an ankle holster it would make a fantastic back up gun.
Link Posted: 3/28/2017 3:59:04 PM EDT
[#16]
I have the 3"in 45LC/410. The trigger still breaks around 7-9 lbs. I also have a problem with it shooting about 10" high at 15ft. That's with the front sight tip just showing. Anyone else have this problem.
Link Posted: 3/30/2017 8:57:38 AM EDT
[#17]
I would rather carry a sharp stick. Anyone who carries one of those, is not serious about their protection. They just want to carry , for the cool factor of "I carry a gun"

Not a strategy I would stake my life of my families life on.

You want to carry something you can fight and win with....this is not it.

Oh, and in before the the "Its better then not carrying at all " crowd
Link Posted: 3/30/2017 10:32:08 AM EDT
[#18]
I have a Cobra derringer in 38 Special.  It is without a doubt the most unpleasant firearm to shoot I have ever owned.  I would sooner take on a Lee Enfield Jungle Carbine.
Link Posted: 3/30/2017 5:11:44 PM EDT
[#19]
I like them and think they are cool. I would LOVE to own one. But I don't think I would ever carry a 1 or 2 round gun as my actual 'back up gun'. When you have options like the s&w airweight revolvers like the 442 or the pocket .380s like the bodyguard or LCP that can carry 7 to 8 rounds. But I think a Bonds Arm would a great add to any collection to show off to friends and go plinking with. If I came across a great deal on one I would get it.
Link Posted: 3/31/2017 9:19:35 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
I suppose if I needed to sneak a gun in someplace illegally, the derringer would be easier, but since I wouldn't do that it isn't important.

I don't see the purpose.  Anywhere I can carry a derringer is also a place where I can carry a full sized gun.  Why would I choose the derringer with all its liabilities when the full sized gun has none of them?
View Quote
Why does everything have to fill a "purpose?" It's a well-made, unusual gun. I don't remember the OP saying he plans to carry it for self-protection or go into combat with it. Maybe he just wants a conversation piece that he can play with at the range.

Sometimes you guys take s**t way too seriously.
Link Posted: 4/1/2017 10:46:00 PM EDT
[#21]
Mine is an older model in .45 Colt. I keep it loaded with 410 shotshells and carry it in the yard and woods. Snakes hate it, and it's perfectly suited for that purpose.

I'd never carry it as a defensive handgun; the trigger is horrible. Not to mention only two rounds, but in a saddlebag or tackle bag it's good.
Link Posted: 4/1/2017 11:18:29 PM EDT
[#22]
Ungodly overpriced.

I can buy any new made semi-auto for the price if these 2 shot gut guns.

I don't see the point
Link Posted: 4/14/2017 2:16:57 AM EDT
[#23]
I had a bond arms that shot .410 and 45 LC, it was comedy hour when I brought it out with friends.  POI between the two barrels would have been closer if I had duct taped two 1911s together.

Hammer pull weight was rated as hard as you can pull the trigger.  

Derringers are supposed to be small, at least the cheapo ones from Davis get that part right.  Not sure why Bond Arms makes theirs larger than a J Frame.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top