User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 5
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 3/3/2017 11:22:20 PM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
On a whim, I test fired one of our p320 rentals after checking it out in the rental guns case. I was impressed enough that I bought one the next day.
I was lucky enough to get the last one in stock, a P320C in FDE.

It's every bit as good as a Glock 19 (and I have 3 G19s), and better in many ways. For one thing, with my brand new Glocks, the first thing I do is rip out the guts and sights and drop in $100 or so in aftermarket parts to get them the way I like it.

The Sig is better right out of the box; sights, trigger, grip, modularity. And the Sig is extremely accurate and is an extremely well thought out design.

My biggest problem now is finding more p320 mags, and selling a few Glocks to get another Sig.

https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/131211/IMG-4715-155560.jpg
View Quote

Congrats!
Link Posted: 3/3/2017 11:24:55 PM EDT
[#2]
I will buy all discounted Glock 19's i can during this craze
Link Posted: 3/3/2017 11:49:16 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
On a whim, I test fired one of our p320 rentals after checking it out in the rental guns case. I was impressed enough that I bought one the next day.

It's every bit as good as a Glock 19 (and I have 3 G19s), and better in many ways. For one thing, with my brand new Glocks, the first thing I do is rip out the guts and sights and drop in $100 or so in aftermarket parts to get them the way I like it.

The Sig is better right out of the box; sights, trigger, grip, modularity. And the Sig is extremely accurate and is an extremely well thought out design.

My biggest problem now is finding more p320 mags, and selling a few Glocks to get another Sig.

View Quote

I like that burnt bronze color
Link Posted: 3/4/2017 12:29:37 AM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:

LOL but but but MUH BORE AXIS Maybe fix your grip
View Quote

My grip is just fine, as I've been shooting over 20 years with military and law enforcement experience. I've shot the 320 and my opinion is that the bore axis is high as shit and that's why I don't like it. Doesn't mean that it's a bad handgun. I don't recall shitting on you for handgun preference. Thanks.
Link Posted: 3/4/2017 9:41:39 AM EDT
[#5]
Got to handle & shoot a couple of 320s at a training class last Fall...both a full size and a carry model. Ran a total of about 200 rounds between the two pistols.

Grip angle/shape was OK but the trigger was "meh" on both...serviceable but that's about it.

Both had hi-viz tritium front sights, which was a plus.

The frame material seemed a little "cheap-ish" IMHO.

My main gripe about the pistol is the take-down lever...it sticks out too far and has some sharp edges that chewed up my thumb on my support hand while shooting. Muzzle flip was a bit more pronounced due to a higher bore axis than my Glock 19s. Follow-up shots weren't quite as fast.(Yes...this is an issue for some folks, believe it or not...)

Magazines are a bit pricey as well.

My overall impression is the 320 is a decent pistol but nothing special. Big Army could have done worse but they could have done better, as well. IMHO, they should have gone with the Glock 17 or 19 for ease of logistics, if not for anything else.

Bottom Line is that I'll be sticking with my G19s.
Link Posted: 3/4/2017 1:26:00 PM EDT
[#6]
I've owned a few Glock's in the past and was only impressed  with the G23 .
Albeit a 40 caliber , it just shot well for me. ( prefer 40 & 45 )

Revisited 9 mm and found the Sig P320 to be the best shooting , striker platform for me.

As a handgun enthuiast , I don't  play the "fanboy" game.

I purchase, own, and shoot what pleases me, regardless of caliber or platform OR Manufacture.

In this thread, I'm stating that my P320c FDE is becoming my personal favorite carry. Not bad for a pistol that wants to unseat my P30SK for that duty.

As always, YMMV
Link Posted: 3/4/2017 5:13:35 PM EDT
[#7]
I was at the Grice gun shop today and they are a Sig Super Store they had alot of the 320s in stock full size and compact , also the FDE   guns . I did pick up some full size 320 mags in 9 for 43.95 ea
Link Posted: 3/4/2017 5:58:04 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
I was at the Grice gun shop today and they are a Sig Super Store they had alot of the 320s in stock full size and compact , also the FDE   guns . I did pick up some full size 320 mags in 9 for 43.95 ea
View Quote

Ouch, that sucks. $96 for 3 at Quantico for anybody.
Link Posted: 3/4/2017 8:39:58 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

View Quote

Nice! +1 Brother
chuck
Link Posted: 3/4/2017 8:41:46 PM EDT
[#10]
I did see their there add but I forgot about that , I have been unloading some other mags at the gun shows , like Smith  M/P 40 and 45 mags for Sig 320 mags so now I just pick a few more here and there . They did have Carry large black grip mod , for around 40 some bucks
Link Posted: 3/4/2017 8:43:53 PM EDT
[#11]
It was a few weeks ago the big show cases full of Sigs was a little low but the reps were their not long ago and the show case es are full again . I mean every thing scopes , red dot sights sig ammo.
Link Posted: 3/6/2017 5:21:23 AM EDT
[#12]
They did have a new 320 compact with the safe , that was the first one that I have seen .
Link Posted: 3/8/2017 5:18:37 AM EDT
[#13]
I did run another 100 rds through my 320 compact a few days ago , and no problems to report . Fed 115 Alum case 115 grain . I just picked up a new Remington Magpul 700 in 260 and put a Leupold Mark 4 Tactical 4.5x14 scope on I will try it out when I dig up some ammo I might start with the 120gr.
Link Posted: 3/13/2017 4:08:01 AM EDT
[#14]
I am seeing 320s around at the gun shops I get to stop at, there for awhile people were buying them all up around here . I did find some 260 ammo Fed Premium  140gr with nickle cases .
Link Posted: 3/19/2017 3:34:05 PM EDT
[#15]
Went to the gun show in San Antonio yesterday, saw several P320's in full size and compacts, mostly with white dot sights ranging from $519 up to $550.  Lots of fondling by the crowds and talk about Army this, Army that.  I was looking for something new to try compared to my G19 and the HK VP9 I picked up awhile back.  Found a P320 Carry model with night sights for $519.  Compacts just felt a little too short in the grip even though it's probably the same size as a G19.  I shot 200 rounds through it this morning with no issues - Blazer 115g TMJ, Blazer Brass 115g, Federal 124g and 147g.  Although it's shooting left it groups well and I'm really liking it.  If I can adjust the sights and shoot it some more, I may get rid of one or two of my other handguns and try another Sig, really liked the way the P226 felt as well.
Link Posted: 3/19/2017 5:12:22 PM EDT
[#16]
The P320's are rare out here in California.

Was at a local Action Pistol match this past weekend. I was shooting my P320 45C. Overheard a few comments about the gun and heard about how its the "new" Army handgun.

I found this to be humerous.  Had the same gun out at the matches months ago and nobody cared.  I would have used it for the last few matches, but they were canceled due to weather/flooding.
Link Posted: 3/22/2017 7:08:43 PM EDT
[#17]
People are talking about the Army contracts now , and I think Sig got a few more Govt contracts lately. I like the 320s its like an upgrade from the same old Glock every day. I have the L/E  W -320-compact with all the updates and pre load barrel . and its been flawless , picked up a new full size with night sights and a few extra mags and no problem with it also .
Link Posted: 3/22/2017 7:28:42 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
The P320's are rare out here in California.

Was at a local Action Pistol match this past weekend. I was shooting my P320 45C. Overheard a few comments about the gun and heard about how its the "new" Army handgun.

I found this to be humerous.  Had the same gun out at the matches months ago and nobody cared.  I would have used it for the last few matches, but they were canceled due to weather/flooding.
View Quote
SIG got them on that bullshit roster? I thought it was virtually impossible to get a new gun on it now
Link Posted: 3/23/2017 10:29:06 AM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
Went to the gun show in San Antonio yesterday, saw several P320's in full size and compacts, mostly with white dot sights ranging from $519 up to $550.  Lots of fondling by the crowds and talk about Army this, Army that.  I was looking for something new to try compared to my G19 and the HK VP9 I picked up awhile back.  Found a P320 Carry model with night sights for $519.  Compacts just felt a little too short in the grip even though it's probably the same size as a G19.  I shot 200 rounds through it this morning with no issues - Blazer 115g TMJ, Blazer Brass 115g, Federal 124g and 147g.  Although it's shooting left it groups well and I'm really liking it.  If I can adjust the sights and shoot it some more, I may get rid of one or two of my other handguns and try another Sig, really liked the way the P226 felt as well.
View Quote
Interesting.  I have the same issue.  Groups well but shoots left by about 1.5-2" at 10 yds.  I noticed my rear sight was off center to the left by about .1".  I've centered it and hope to hit the range soon to see if that was the issue.  I've put numerous rounds through it and have always had that issue.  Other guns I have shoot POA just fine.  I hope you're able to figure it out.
Link Posted: 3/23/2017 7:45:08 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
Interesting.  I have the same issue.  Groups well but shoots left by about 1.5-2" at 10 yds.  I noticed my rear sight was off center to the left by about .1".  I've centered it and hope to hit the range soon to see if that was the issue.  I've put numerous rounds through it and have always had that issue.  Other guns I have shoot POA just fine.  I hope you're able to figure it out.
View Quote
Yes it looks like the rear site is a little off.  I don't have a sight adjustment tool, may try just giving it a little tap to move it a little.
Link Posted: 3/23/2017 7:55:20 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:

SIG got them on that bullshit roster? I thought it was virtually impossible to get a new gun on it now
View Quote
Nope, not on the roster.  

That's why the P320's are rare in California.  To get one you need to either be someone, know someone or be willing to pay $$$$ to someone with one.
Link Posted: 3/24/2017 12:26:49 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
Got to handle & shoot a couple of 320s at a training class last Fall...both a full size and a carry model. Ran a total of about 200 rounds between the two pistols.

Grip angle/shape was OK but the trigger was "meh" on both...serviceable but that's about it.

Both had hi-viz tritium front sights, which was a plus.

The frame material seemed a little "cheap-ish" IMHO.

My main gripe about the pistol is the take-down lever...it sticks out too far and has some sharp edges that chewed up my thumb on my support hand while shooting. Muzzle flip was a bit more pronounced due to a higher bore axis than my Glock 19s. Follow-up shots weren't quite as fast.(Yes...this is an issue for some folks, believe it or not...)

Magazines are a bit pricey as well.

My overall impression is the 320 is a decent pistol but nothing special. Big Army could have done worse but they could have done better, as well. IMHO, they should have gone with the Glock 17 or 19 for ease of logistics, if not for anything else.

Bottom Line is that I'll be sticking with my G19s.
View Quote
That issue has since been fixed on the current production models.  Not a pleasant experience for sure.
Link Posted: 3/25/2017 5:25:23 AM EDT
[#23]
I have about 500 rounds through the W-320-C - PRE gun with no problems at all . and the full size in 9 is a tac driver with no problems fired about the same amount .
Link Posted: 3/27/2017 7:32:27 PM EDT
[#24]
I did pick up a new Smith M/P 9 compact with 3 mags it also has the L/E Sku number 309704 . I took it out on Sun and it worked flawless but my Sig  320 shot better , but the Smith is smaller gun it shot good but you had to keep on it more .
Link Posted: 4/4/2017 1:48:08 AM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:
They did have a new 320 compact with the safe , that was the first one that I have seen .
View Quote
What place is selling it?

wife just told me to get one as my birthday present 
Link Posted: 4/13/2017 4:44:10 AM EDT
[#26]
I have the L/E W- 320 com up to around 650 now with no problems its the W-320-C- 9 PRE and I do not clean after every time .
Page / 5
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top