Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 1/22/2017 10:21:54 AM EDT
300 rounds of the Winchester steel case ammo. Trigger is great, probably the best of any striker fired pistol I have tried. Reliability was 100%, accuracy was under 3" at 15 yards.

The only problem was once while practicing double taps the striker didn't cock, and the finish of the metal,especially the barrel, seems to be about that of krylon paint

Not bad for $350.
Link Posted: 1/22/2017 3:22:09 PM EDT
[#1]
Never knew Winchester made steel case ammo
Link Posted: 1/22/2017 4:54:05 PM EDT
[#2]
I started buying it like 3 or 4 months ago from walmart, $28 per 150 round box. A little cheaper than their Tula ammo. Its dirty but seems to be a little hotter than wolf or tula.
Link Posted: 1/22/2017 5:03:26 PM EDT
[#3]
Google Canik failure to reset issue, some interesting reading.
Link Posted: 1/22/2017 8:22:34 PM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Google Canik failure to reset issue, some interesting reading.
View Quote

Thanks for the tip. I will keep an eye on it, if it happens again I will contact century about it. I mostly bought it for the novelty,from what I have read it seems to be a lot of pistol for the money and so far it seems to be.
Link Posted: 1/24/2017 9:28:55 PM EDT
[#5]
I've got a SA and a SF.  Over 1000 rounds through each.  Like yours they both run fine.  I try not to pay attention to internet problem postings.  Some people should stop playing with empty guns and actually go shooting.  David
Link Posted: 1/25/2017 8:26:34 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
I've got a SA and a SF.  Over 1000 rounds through each.  Like yours they both run fine.  I try not to pay attention to internet problem postings.  Some people should stop playing with empty guns and actually go shooting.  David
View Quote

I did have the reset problem about half way through the 300 rounds, but again I am not concerned. If it happens again I will contact Century, I have delt with their CS before with good luck.

Overall though I love the pistol. Great trigger, feed and ejection was 100%. Now I need a holster besides the serpa clone it came with.
Link Posted: 1/25/2017 9:41:52 PM EDT
[#7]
Also, I did something I normally don't do with a new gun. Took it out of the box and fired it without cleaning the shipping oil/grease or whatever the hell they preserve it from the factory. Since running 300 I tore it down, cleaned and lubed it. Hope to get out again this weekend with it and put a few more hundred rounds through it.
Link Posted: 1/31/2017 2:15:44 AM EDT
[#8]
I just ordered a TP9SA from Lanbo Armory for $275. Hope it's as good as everyone says. But for$275 it doesn't have to win any beauty contests.
Link Posted: 2/2/2017 6:53:07 PM EDT
[#9]
They've been a big hit here in MA lately. I have fondled one for a bit but haven't shot it. Its on my list to pick up in the near future as a full size range toy.
Link Posted: 2/2/2017 10:30:59 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
300 rounds of the Winchester steel case ammo. Trigger is great, probably the best of any striker fired pistol I have tried. Reliability was 100%, accuracy was under 3" at 15 yards.

The only problem was once while practicing double taps the striker didn't cock, and the finish of the metal,especially the barrel, seems to be about that of krylon paint

Not bad for $350.
View Quote

So wait it was a 100% reliable but it failed to cock the striker?  That would not be 100% reliability.
Link Posted: 2/5/2017 3:08:22 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

So wait it was a 100% reliable but it failed to cock the striker?  That would not be 100% reliability.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Not bad for $350.

You are correct, I ment 100% feeding and ejection.

That said, another 380 rounds this morning, Winchester steel, federal brass and aluminum.

And it was 100% this time, no issues with the striker not cocking, even under rapid fire and double taps.

The wear of the barrel finish seems to be self limiting, not getting worse.
Link Posted: 2/5/2017 3:32:45 PM EDT
[#12]
I found the finish wear from shooting on my TP9SA is self limiting.  However, the FDE exterior finish will flake off with use and minor abuse.  I didn't buy it to look at, it is a truck gun, but just giving you a heads up.
FYI, my SA takes CZ75 night sights.  They are a nice addition to this pistol. The CompTac IWB holster with Glock kydex shells carry the pistol nicely.
Link Posted: 2/5/2017 8:17:28 PM EDT
[#13]
I just got a safariland GLS holster for it, digging the unlock lever you actuate with your middle finger as opposed to the trigger finger on the serpa.

I need more mags, and I may get different sights down the road.
Link Posted: 2/18/2017 8:04:17 PM EDT
[#14]
Another 300 rounds this morning, 100 wolf, 100 federal aluminum, 100 steel case winchester. The wolf is not as accurate as the other shit ammo I have shot through it, but 100% reliable, no issues with the trigger even rapid fire/double taps.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top