Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 10/17/2016 5:01:15 PM EDT
I have a 19 I am thinking of selling , I was wonder if the PD markings effect the value.
I have looked online but there is no clear information . Any info would be great.
Link Posted: 10/17/2016 5:06:50 PM EDT
[#1]

Quoted:

I have a 19 I am thinking of selling , I was wonder if the PD markings effect the value.

I have looked online but there is no clear information . Any info would be great.
View Quote
Not really
Link Posted: 10/17/2016 5:26:03 PM EDT
[#2]
I'd start a little higher than normal.  Some people collect those kind of things.
Link Posted: 10/17/2016 5:46:57 PM EDT
[#3]
Not really it is more right buyer at right time.
Link Posted: 10/17/2016 5:53:39 PM EDT
[#4]
Sell it to me! (deeply discounted, of course)
Link Posted: 10/17/2016 9:49:40 PM EDT
[#5]
You can always come down, but it's hard to go up. Put a premium on it and see what happens. There are thousands of g2 G19's out there, and only hundreds of BPD marked pistols. It's just a question of time and money.

Link Posted: 10/21/2016 10:05:31 AM EDT
[#6]
As with most anything, the price paid will depend on how bad the buyer wants it.

A Gen-2 19 is a popular gun. Having PD markings on it can both attract and turn away buyers. Those attracted will be more of the collector type cause the gun may have some actual history behind it.

Those turned away will think of it as a mistreated, abused, worn out and poorly maintained gun.

I have an early gen-2 19 with a DP-xxx serial number that I don't think has ever been upgraded. There are no markings on it other than what the factory put on it. I gave $325.00 for it three years ago.

Link Posted: 11/27/2016 8:22:18 AM EDT
[#7]
I'd like to have a gen 2 19 and I don't think the pd markings would bother me.

Posted Via AR15.Com Mobile
Link Posted: 11/27/2016 8:02:29 PM EDT
[#8]
Put it in the MA hometown forum. Some people here would love a BPD gun, and since it's a gen 2 we could take it in transfer.

Also, gen 2's are going for $500-600 here depending on condition because we can't buy new Glocks through a FFL. and 19s are scarce. Post up some pics.
Link Posted: 11/27/2016 8:02:49 PM EDT
[#9]
Put it in the MA hometown forum. Some people here would love a BPD gun, and since it's a gen 2 we could take it in transfer.

Also, gen 2's are going for $500-600 here depending on condition because we can't buy new Glocks through a FFL. and 19s are scarce. Post up some pics.
Link Posted: 11/27/2016 8:22:00 PM EDT
[#10]
Like said, there probably somebody that really wants it, just finding that person is the trick.
Link Posted: 12/3/2016 11:47:27 PM EDT
[#11]
I have a Boston PD Gen 2 G19 that I carry every day. I have a couple amusing stories that even include being in Boston with it. I wouldn't sell it simply from the hilarity of the Massholes being horrified that I have it. Also because Gen 2 G19 is what Glock meant about perfection. That said if you want to sell it my inbox is empty.

RC

ETA : random pic of a hotel nightstand from somewhere I don't even remember.

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top