Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 10/16/2016 10:57:17 PM EDT
I recently acquired an older Glock 19 two-letter prefix/early 1991 model, before the 1992 changes. I didn't really pay attention to it until I got home and checked it out. It has the original black internals,(wondering about getting them swapped out). Is it worth swapping these parts out? Are there any safety concerns with it now with those parts?Anyone have one still with it's black internal parts? I know Glock had an "recall/up-grade" available for it, are they still doing it? Anyone know how much it costs to have it done or is it worth keeping it in it's original configuration. I don't figure it being worth anymore than another 19 but would like to shoot it. The gentleman I bought it from was the original owner. Come to find out he writes western novels,many of them. I wish I had the extra time to talk with him.

Update: I am going to get a Glock armorer to work on it after all because it is cheaper to do that for me.
Link Posted: 10/16/2016 11:02:11 PM EDT
[#1]
If you are going to use it I would get the upgrades. There was a reason they made the changes.
Link Posted: 10/17/2016 4:37:41 AM EDT
[#2]
I believe they do all the upgrades for free.Be sure to send your mags in with it. If the springs are weak and worn they will replace them with new springs. I live about an hour from Glock so I just drop in if I need something.
Link Posted: 10/17/2016 5:25:29 PM EDT
[#3]
Remove the parts covered under the upgrade and sell those parts.  They are valuable to someone.  Then, either buy the replacement parts and install them yourself or send your gun in to Glock to have them do the upgrade.
Link Posted: 10/17/2016 9:14:15 PM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Remove the parts covered under the upgrade and sell those parts.  They are valuable to someone.  Then, either buy the replacement parts and install them yourself or send your gun in to Glock to have them do the upgrade.
View Quote

I'm not sure if they still do but I believe they will (or would) return the old parts if requested.
Link Posted: 10/18/2016 5:14:42 PM EDT
[#5]
I contacted Glock USA today and then my ffl dealer. I am going to bring in the pistol to my ffl, (who also has a Glock armorer), who will swap the parts for a minimal charge. I was going to buy the parts on my own but the cost is pretty high, (over $100.00+), and what the pistol cost initially. In order to ship the gun back it would be $60.00+ for shipping.  I wish Glock would just send me the parts but they will only send them to a Glock armorer. I appreciate the replies,thanks.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top