Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 8/28/2016 7:10:13 AM EDT
Ive been looking at a new 9mm, and have mostly narrowed it down to a cz or sig.

I have glocks, hks, etc but want something da/sa with a full metal frame.

Sig seems to have alot of nice offerings in the 226 series, but the price is hefty.

Requirements-

All steel frame.
Da/sa
Threaded barrel
18+ rounds standard cap
Picatinny rail
Night or enhanced sights or some sort (I like Dawson fo's)
Excellent trigger
G10 grips or the ability to add them
Black or FDE (no stainless, greens, greys etc)
Good oem customer service.

All that being said, I find myself leaning heavily toward the cz75 sp-01. Price is a driving factor. Ive never owned a 75 or a 226. I have owned a sp2022 and hated it. I have a cz82 and love it. Worth nothing I suppose.

Much of the anecdotal advice I see, leans to the side of the cz bring the better shooter. I've shot both, liked them, but never had time enough to form an opinion.

The gun will be run suppressed. I do like the look of the 226 better, but I have to wonder, when looking at for example the mk25 or tacops, why it commands that price, when I could get the threaded cz sp-01, and have a cgw carry or pro package installed, and be able to afford 4 mags, and still come out spending less.

I was at the show yesterday, handled both. The cz is hard to find. The tables were literally flooded with sigs like I've never seen before. It almost feels like if I bought the sig, id take a bath on it if I ever got rid of it.

Conversely, used 226s are all over the place at a decent savings, mk25 and tacops a little harder to find, but they're out there. I've yet to see a used threaded barrel sp01 for sale, and most used sp01s are going in the 575-600 range, which is about what they are new.

What says the wolfpack? Am I insane for thinking the sig is all maerketing, and the cz is more substance, a better buy, and a nicer all around gun?

Link Posted: 8/28/2016 8:29:28 AM EDT
[#1]
I was pondering Legion vs. Wilson 92FS a couple of weeks ago.

That's out the window and I'm now going SP-01 if I do anything.  I'm pretty heavily invested in CZ's at this point (currently 4 in the house - 75 Shadow, 75B Stainless, P-01, and a CTS that is about to find a new home).  I have yet to handle another 9mm service pistol that felt as "correct" to me as the CZ does.  Out of many thousands of rounds through the various CZ's, my only issue was with the original firing pin and spring in my Shadow.  Once replaced, it's been about perfect.  The CZ's are more complex than they need to be, but they are a robust design that works for me.

The Legion SAO looked like it might move me off the CZ bandwagon until I picked one up.  And it came back to me why I'm not a Sig guy.  That slide feels like a massive block at the top of the pistol.  The grip, while fairly comfortable, doesn't fit my hand like the CZ does.  At the end of the day, I can work up a stock SP-01 with a CGW trigger kit for less than the Legion and still use the mag collection I have from my current competition and carry guns.

Nothing wrong with either pistol.  The CZ won't give you the finish level, pride of ownership, or challenge coin that a Sig limited edition will.  It will give you a functional pistol that shoots extremely well and can be made to shoot even better.
Link Posted: 8/28/2016 9:12:03 AM EDT
[#2]
Nothing agains the CZ but the Tacops and legion are better imo then the sp01, especially the trigger.  I own both the legion( (229) & Tacops and the da, on the legion da is better than the sp-01 as well, as the short resent in both sigs.  I think the sights on the sigs are better and I do prefer the controls and how they are set up, clearly I have a bit of a bias but those are because for me, those things I mentioned the sigs are better.  CZ though for the price are great quality.  The good thing is you really can't go wrong with any of them it just comes down to your preference.  When comparing the sigs, it's  really hard to say.  I love my Tacops and I shoot it every it as good or better than my legion and it feels slightly better in my hand than my legion.  But then again the legion trigger is incredibly smooth.   Good luck on whichever you choose.
Link Posted: 8/28/2016 9:15:06 AM EDT
[#3]
But price for price, you'd have to compare a legions trigger to a cgw cz75.

Then which one wins? That's my point I suppose. Considering the same budget
Link Posted: 8/28/2016 9:57:36 AM EDT
[#4]
Based on your requirements, CZ hands down as the Sigs don't have steel frames.

Eta, also the Legion guns are grey.
Link Posted: 8/28/2016 2:57:39 PM EDT
[#5]
Tuned cz's will have better triggers than tuned sigs-unless someone has screwed up.  A buddy spent over 2k putting every mod he could into a 226 enhanced elite and it never came close to my $800 SP01.
Link Posted: 8/28/2016 3:12:43 PM EDT
[#6]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Based on your requirements, CZ hands down as the Sigs don't have steel frames.

Eta, also the Legion guns are grey.
View Quote

Yup. I feel like many people say steel when they really mean not polymer though. And OP if you actually want steel then CZ hands down.

ETA: if you're going to send the CZ to CGW then you can't go wrong with either. I love Sig's SRT trigger though. It's about perfect for me. I really want to try a Legion's trigger as I've heard it's even better. IMO it's all about preference, you can't go wrong with either CZ or Sig.
Link Posted: 8/28/2016 7:13:12 PM EDT
[#7]
Sig does also have steel framed guns.
Link Posted: 8/28/2016 8:35:52 PM EDT
[#8]
I indeed meant 'all metal frame"

All my modern fs 9's are polymer framed.

USP, USPc, Glock 17,19. VP9.

I do have a CZ82, and a P38. a buckmark, but as far as 9's go, I dont have any full metal framed guns.
Link Posted: 8/28/2016 9:41:01 PM EDT
[#9]
I'd select the CZ

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top