Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 7/8/2016 7:51:43 PM EDT
Hey everyone,

So I've decided to stick with the CZ platform for my carry gun. My HD/Range gun is the SP-01 Tactical and I love it so much that I see no reason to stray away from CZ.

My decision now is the Rami BD or the PCR.

I have the Ultra-Lite Self Defense CGW Kit in my SP-01 and it is spectacular. I'm not sure if I'd want it in my P-01 or Rami for carry but it turned my SP-01 into my dream gun. I don't even plan on finishing the rest of the Defensive Carry Package any time soon because it is shooting so smooth right now.

A few questions:

I held both the Rami and PCR in the shop today. The PCR definitely reminded me more of my SP-01 in terms of ergonomics. Regarding the grip, I love the stock grips on the PCR and SP-01, however, they are a bit thick. For carry would you suggest switching out the grips for something thinner?

Overall I really like both of them. If the Rami is significantly easier to conceal I'll probably get the Rami. But aside from a half inch in the grip height I really don't see it being that much smaller than the PCR. The only downside on the Rami that I am aware of is the mag rattle issue. That will drive me nuts. Can you get it to stop rattling?

Thanks everyone.
Link Posted: 7/8/2016 8:02:50 PM EDT
[#1]
The PCR is my favorite shooter but the Rami will probable be easier to carry/conceal. CZ's are sure great guns.
Link Posted: 7/8/2016 10:19:28 PM EDT
[#2]
I have carried a RAMI for 3 years. The mag rattle is only when the mag is completely full. If I put in a mag and chamber a round the mag doesn't rattle at all. I guess if you felt compelled to top off the mag it would be an issue. For backup mag a carry a 14 rounder with the grip extension section taken off. I think it takes cz75 compact size mags and full size mags as well. Rami is very accurate at the range I do not feel the need for more pistol.
Link Posted: 7/8/2016 10:41:15 PM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 7/9/2016 9:18:47 AM EDT
[#4]
PCR
Link Posted: 7/9/2016 9:57:10 AM EDT
[#5]
I've only held the PCR, but I carry a Rami. Nice concealability and I am very impressed with the accuracy and handling. Very controllable, even with the 10 round short mags in place. I carry a 14 rounder as the backup mag. And yes, it will take full size mags also, I picked up a couple on sale and those reside in my vehicle center console where the Rami resides when I get in the vehicle.
Link Posted: 7/9/2016 10:23:27 AM EDT
[#6]
I carry the PCR with the CZ Custom aluminum grips which makes it very thin but eliminates the classic CZ palmswell.  So it isn't quite as comfortable to shoot but it conceals very easily.  Currently carry it in one of these: https://www.blackarchholsters.com/products/ace-1-gen-2-holster (used to SHTF Gear).  I don't think you could go wrong with the RAMI though either.
Link Posted: 7/9/2016 1:49:16 PM EDT
[#7]
I want a RAMI eventually, but carry a P-01 AIWB and like it very much.I was looking at the PCR at first but went with the P-01 because of the forged frame and the NATO testing.

OH ,and I still want a PCR.
Link Posted: 7/9/2016 2:33:49 PM EDT
[#8]
I've carried a PCR and now a P-01. I really like  the P01 especially after all the CGW goodies but it is a little thick for my dress attire. I think the Rami would be much better for carrying if you are okay with the capacity, size and function and wear clothes that require a small firearm be carried.

My factory mags rattle with the P01 so I bought aftermarket ones.

I shoot the SP01 in competition so the PO1 feels like home in my hand.

I run the factory grips on the P01 because they are easy on my clothes but thin grips may really help the perceived thickness when IWB carrying.
Link Posted: 7/9/2016 5:02:05 PM EDT
[#9]

Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

I've carried a PCR and now a P-01. I really like  the P01 especially after all the CGW goodies but it is a little thick for my dress attire. I think the Rami would be much better for carrying if you are okay with the capacity, size and function and wear clothes that require a small firearm be carried.

I run the factory grips on the P01 because they are easy on my clothes but thin grips may really help the perceived thickness when IWB carrying.

View Quote

Which aftermarket mags? The only aftermarket mags I know of are Mec-Gar and they are OEM without the CZ stamp.

So if the mags that came with the pistol rattle then something is wrong with them. Just saying.
Link Posted: 7/9/2016 6:05:26 PM EDT
[#10]
The Rami doesn't lose enough size compared to a compact with thin grips for me or the gf. We drop down to a PPS if the P01/PCR is to big. The mags do rattle a little depending on which one and what ammo, it has nothing to do with CZ/Mecgar. I've found the Mecgar branded mags seem to have a stronger spring and are half the price.
Link Posted: 7/9/2016 7:19:59 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

Which aftermarket mags? The only aftermarket mags I know of are Mec-Gar and they are OEM without the CZ stamp.
So if the mags that came with the pistol rattle then something is wrong with them. Just saying.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

The P01 comes with different magazines. Someone did a comparison:
http://www.czfirearms.us/index.php?PHPSESSID=c8f2ae57f502f59bf9626cc7262e35a0&topic=49146.msg294919#msg294919
Link Posted: 7/10/2016 9:51:54 AM EDT
[#12]
I bought the mecgar mags for both the sp01 and P01. I honestly never looked into the problem and can't tell you why they do it. With 124gr gold dots and 115gr coated bullets from MBC rattle once they are loaded about 75% the way up in the P01. That is just a rough estimate on %. I can look further into the mag rattle in my particular situation if it will help anyone.

My p01 has the NSN on the slide if that matters. Both factory mags have the rattle since new.
Link Posted: 7/10/2016 11:33:02 PM EDT
[#13]
PCR.  I have been floored by how well mine shoots.
Link Posted: 7/27/2016 3:45:45 PM EDT
[#14]
I have found that if I slap the mag in my hand a couple of times to "seat" the rounds, the rattle is eliminated.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top