Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 5/25/2016 11:33:35 AM EDT
http://www.alloutdoorstech.com/gun-optics/nicholas-chen/gunning-fast-pistol-red-dots/

Which type do you preferred?

I have seen slide mounted Trijicon RMRs die during a course few times. Have not try the JP sight yet.

Not a fan of the C-More red-dot. It looks from the 1990s with the crappy battery life to match.

Micro T-1 style mini red-dot works fine on a rifle with few inches away from the eye, but I not sure about 2-3 feet away on top of a pistol.

Link Posted: 5/25/2016 10:13:11 AM EDT
[#1]
leupold delta point pro is what I'd be looking at.
Link Posted: 5/25/2016 12:27:26 PM EDT
[#2]
Ive never had a problem with my Trijicon RM06 3.25 MOA LED.......Been mounted on a VP9 and now on a G17.

YMMV.
Link Posted: 5/25/2016 1:49:03 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Ive never had a problem with my Trijicon RM06 3.25 MOA LED.......Been mounted on a VP9 and now on a G17.

YMMV.
View Quote

I have been told it's the battery LED illuminated models that are have issue and the fiber-optic model is the one to get.
Link Posted: 5/25/2016 2:13:54 PM EDT
[#4]
I'm in the minority of those who really like their dual illuminated RMR the best.  Right now I have the Dual Illuminated RMR, RMR06, and Burris FastFire 3.  They all work really well but I prefer the RMR.
Link Posted: 5/25/2016 2:24:13 PM EDT
[#5]
Bridge mounted fully enclosed mini red dot sights are a very good option; it's easy to pick up the dot very quickly,  the system is very robust, and its easy to remove and reinstall the bridge mounted red dot while maintaining perfect zero.

I've found a 4 MOA dot size to be near perfect.
Link Posted: 5/25/2016 3:52:24 PM EDT
[#6]
If I was in the market for an RDS on a handgun, the only thing I would consider is a Six-Second Mount.  I've had multiple RMRs on multiple pistols give me problems withing 1,000 rounds.
Link Posted: 5/25/2016 7:57:40 PM EDT
[#7]
Came to post the Six Second Mount.  Even works on a 19/23 sized glock. Just looks a little funny.
Link Posted: 5/25/2016 11:17:22 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
leupold delta point pro is what I'd be looking at.
View Quote

Yes.  In a pistol slide mount rather than Picatinney QD as here on my AR carbine.  Extremely durable.  Motion activated.  Get the 7.5 MOA triangle.  Fine tip aiming point with conspicuous base for fast target acquisition.

Link Posted: 5/26/2016 4:37:10 AM EDT
[#9]
I have two RMRs on two CZs.  Both are the dual illuminated versions.  No batteries, no switches, not electrical circuits to fail.

One is a green dot and the other is an amber dot.  If you go the dual illuminated route, bet the amber dot.  It is much easier to see under unfavorable conditions (you in low light and the target in brighter light).

I just bought a Leupold Delta Point Pro to try on my next pistol.  Just gotta pick the pistol.

Oh, both mine have the slide milled for the RMR and the BUIS.  Neither are just range toys.
Link Posted: 5/26/2016 1:43:04 PM EDT
[#10]
Have had ultradot on Ruger Mark II for more than
10 yrs.  It's so boringly accurate that I rarely shoot
it.
Link Posted: 5/26/2016 2:43:38 PM EDT
[#11]
TASCO PRO POINT
Link Posted: 6/9/2016 3:10:56 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
Came to post the Six Second Mount.  Even works on a 19/23 sized glock. Just looks a little funny.
http://i.imgur.com/h5AAhqM.jpg?1
View Quote

Where are your back up sights ? Then it's a no go for carry.
Link Posted: 6/9/2016 7:51:39 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
http://i.imgur.com/h5AAhqM.jpg?1

Meh. 50k hour battery life, mount is made to add longevity to the optic. I dont even hesitate when I grab it every morning.
Link Posted: 6/9/2016 7:57:39 PM EDT
[#14]
I've been shooting my Vortex Venom-equipped G19 quite a lot for the past couple months.  No complaints, and you can buy two for the price of one RMR.
Link Posted: 6/9/2016 9:17:31 PM EDT
[#15]

Mounted RMR 07's on two M&P 9L CORE's. They both failed within 20 rounds, same failure mode.

Replaced them with Fastfire 3's. Several thousand rounds through each gun, including competition and multi day handgun courses. No problems at all.

Have fastfires on an AK and a bolt rifle. Flawless performance.

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top