Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 5/12/2016 10:17:30 PM EDT
A great performing pistol with optic for about $600.  I wanted to try out a red dot on a pistol staying within a relatively low budget.  I got it all together today, hit the range for about 100 rounds and could not be happier.  

The pistol is a Cantik TP9SF, its a new version of the Cantik 55 TP9 series.  Its single action only with no decocker (like V1 TP9's).  Really solid pistol, feels great in my hand.  I really like the grip angle and the trigger has a smooth take up and clean break at about 5lbs.  The pull is short, quick tactile reset. I am impressed with the trigger.

The rear sights are compatible with Glock dovetail.  I chose the Strike Industries G.U.M mount because its low profile (SI claims lowest in industry) and is compatible with every major RDS on the market.  The mount goes into the rear sight dovetail so you loose your rear iron sight, I would not recommend doing this style mount on a duty pistol, personal defence or any use that may require a back-up should the RDS fail.  This gun is a range toy so it works for me.  The mount fits flush to the slide. It was not easy to get on but the fit is excellent.

For the red dot I went with the new Vortex Viper 6MOA.  Like the mount, this RDS is low profile enabling me to get the RDS as close to the bore without milling the slide (very costly and I am not aware of anyone that does this on Cantiks) FYI there is an optics ready version in the TP9 series:  the TP9SFX but I was not able to find one.

Below are some pics.  I am happy with the set up.

Link Posted: 5/14/2016 7:12:57 PM EDT
[#1]
I have that same gun, Its a great shooter!  Did you need a sight tool to take off the rear sight and install the mount?
Link Posted: 5/16/2016 7:56:56 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I have that same gun, Its a great shooter!  Did you need a sight tool to take off the rear sight and install the mount?
View Quote

I did.  A tool is essential in my opinion.  As you can see the mount is flush to the pistol's frame.  I have not checked but I would guess that the cerakote beneath the mount is pretty torn up.  With that being said I am very happy with it.  Shot it some more this weekend.  Really pleased with the setup.
Link Posted: 5/17/2016 8:36:49 PM EDT
[#3]
Who makes the mount?
Link Posted: 5/18/2016 5:48:45 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
Who makes the mount?
View Quote

In the third paragraph it says it's the Strike Industries G.U.M mount.  So I'm going to go with Strike Industries.
Link Posted: 5/18/2016 5:50:10 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
Who makes the mount?
View Quote

In the third paragraph it says it's the Strike Industries G.U.M mount.  So I'm going to go with Strike Industries.
Link Posted: 5/23/2016 8:22:04 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Who makes the mount?

Yes, the mount is made by Strike Industries. LINK

I have had mixed results with SI products however I have been very happy with this one thus far.  Shot again this past weekend.  put another 100rds down the pipe of this pistol.  Still really happy with the set-up.
Link Posted: 5/23/2016 8:27:36 PM EDT
[#7]
This is off topic but I assume there are some TP9SF owners reading this thread...Anyone have any good Holster advice?  Aside from the one that came w/ the pistol I have been using a "hybrid" Kydex/leather OWB holster for a M&P full size.  Its functional (for my purposes: I dont CC, just use at range)(  but the fit is just OK.  The gun is a little large for the M&P mold.
Link Posted: 5/24/2016 9:45:03 AM EDT
[#8]
There are some holsters out there for the tp9sa, i think they should fit the tp9sf but I havent pulled the trigger on any of them.

While the holster that came with my tp9fs is solid, I am not a fan of the release mechanism.  Plus I want more options, like IWB but that might be pushing it with a pistol this size.

Link Posted: 5/25/2016 7:40:49 PM EDT
[#9]
I agree that the holster that came with the kit is solid. Functional, just bulky. I use it on my riggers belt. I would like a holster like the one I have for M&P, hybrid Kydex and leather, pancake style.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top