Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 2/5/2016 3:49:35 PM EDT
Everyone loves comparison photos. Its nearly the same dimensions as the Glock 17 just single stack. This is going to serve as my new carry piece.

Link Posted: 2/5/2016 3:54:02 PM EDT
[#1]
I've never seen pictures of them together! What is the width difference?

How's it shoot?
Link Posted: 2/5/2016 4:00:15 PM EDT
[#2]
Glock is 1.18" wide
Kahr is .90" wide

So a difference of .28"

Just got the Kahr yesterday so I haven't had a chance to get out and shoot it yet
Link Posted: 2/5/2016 4:04:00 PM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 2/5/2016 4:06:48 PM EDT
[#4]
I've always liked those for some reason.

I've owned a Kahr CW40, CW9, and CW45 that I liked alot.  If I ever stumbled across a used TP9 at a good price I'd snatch it up. Nice "full size" carry gun I'm sure. Though I always figured that those would be more popular in ban states.
Link Posted: 2/5/2016 4:07:56 PM EDT
[#5]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

I'm guessing that difference in grip thickness is the only reason you'd carry a single-stack 9 that's otherwise about as big as a G17?
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Glock is 1.18" wide
Kahr is .90" wide

So a difference of .28"

Just got the Kahr yesterday so I haven't had a chance to get out and shoot it yet

I'm guessing that difference in grip thickness is the only reason you'd carry a single-stack 9 that's otherwise about as big as a G17?

And its a bit shorter but yes, for me the width of a gun is what makes it comfortable to carry. I can actually conceal the 17 just fine but sitting in a car etc you notice the extra width. The thinner Kahr (not my first) just feels more comfortable IWB  to me.

That .28" really does make a difference.
Link Posted: 2/5/2016 4:32:25 PM EDT
[#6]
Link Posted: 2/5/2016 5:23:11 PM EDT
[#7]
8 or 9 +1?
Link Posted: 2/5/2016 5:38:27 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
8 or 9 +1?
View Quote

8+1

Its also about 13oz lighter than a fully loaded 17 as well, the weight difference is definitely noticeable on the hip.

Link Posted: 2/5/2016 5:47:03 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

8+1

Its also about 13oz lighter than a fully loaded 17 as well, the weight difference is definitely noticeable on the hip.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
8 or 9 +1?

8+1

Thanks. Never handled a TP before.
Link Posted: 2/5/2016 6:20:10 PM EDT
[#10]
Kahr triggers are wonderful, reminiscent of old S&W revolvers.
Link Posted: 2/5/2016 6:29:59 PM EDT
[#11]

Very nice OP. I've been looking into Khar pistols since I handled an MK9 at a pawnshop. I'm thinking of ordering one from Bud's. How is Khar's reputation, especially with their all-steel lineup?
Link Posted: 2/5/2016 6:36:43 PM EDT
[#12]
Very nice op, I want a one, but the cheaper ct9 version. I just want it for a range toy mostly since I cc a cw9 all the time.
Link Posted: 2/5/2016 6:53:48 PM EDT
[#13]
so its the same size as the g43 without +2 extendos

Link Posted: 2/5/2016 9:41:16 PM EDT
[#14]
That is awesome.  I never knew they made anything like that.  

How do they hold up to lots of shooting?  Any quirks?
Link Posted: 2/5/2016 11:10:11 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
That is awesome.  I never knew they made anything like that.  

How do they hold up to lots of shooting?  Any quirks?
View Quote

I have yet to shoot the TP9, however my previous K9 and CW9 were flawless though 100s and 100s of rounds. If you can get used to the trigger, which is smooth but long, they are fantastic shooters.
Link Posted: 2/5/2016 11:17:29 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:

Very nice OP. I've been looking into Khar pistols since I handled an MK9 at a pawnshop. I'm thinking of ordering one from Bud's. How is Khar's reputation, especially with their all-steel lineup?
View Quote

The all steel pistols are really nice. The craftsmanship really shows on them. My K9 was a work of art.
Link Posted: 2/6/2016 12:03:55 AM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:

The all steel pistols are really nice. The craftsmanship really shows on them. My K9 was a work of art.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I agree, the one I looked at felt really good and solid. If I get one I would like to be able to trust it enough to carry. It's a toss-up between the MK9 or a stainless Beretta 3032 Tomcat. Heck they cost about the same.
Link Posted: 2/6/2016 4:27:21 PM EDT
[#18]
Kahr sure makes a sexy pistol. This gun is on my list.
Link Posted: 2/6/2016 8:17:10 PM EDT
[#19]
I have had 7 Kahrs. They were all flawless. I still have one and ccw it everyday.
Link Posted: 2/7/2016 9:25:31 PM EDT
[#20]
Tag for shooting review
Link Posted: 2/8/2016 11:56:12 AM EDT
[#21]
I would check around for a used one.  Kahrs do not seem to hold their value around here and sit a while in the used case.
Link Posted: 2/8/2016 2:32:50 PM EDT
[#22]
Is the K9 as long in the grip as the  TP9?  I was considering a Kahr for my carry gun.   Since the trigger is kind of like a DA revolver.  I'm transitioning from a revolver to an Auto and I thought it might be a wise choice.  The triggers are not nearly as hard to wrestle with as a J frame either.  It's lighter and smoother.  But it's long like a DA revolver and you have to let it all the way out to reset.   Which I think isn't a bad thing on a carry gun.  Eh?
Link Posted: 2/8/2016 4:14:38 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
Is the K9 as long in the grip as the  TP9?  I was considering a Kahr for my carry gun.   Since the trigger is kind of like a DA revolver.  I'm transitioning from a revolver to an Auto and I thought it might be a wise choice.  The triggers are not nearly as hard to wrestle with as a J frame either.  It's lighter and smoother.  But it's long like a DA revolver and you have to let it all the way out to reset.   Which I think isn't a bad thing on a carry gun.  Eh?
View Quote

The K9 grip is shorter, it is the 7 round grip size. Same as the CW9 and P9.

The 2nd from the bottom here is a TP9, the bottom is a K9. (The very top is a TP45 and then a T9)

Link Posted: 2/8/2016 10:35:13 PM EDT
[#24]
For those that never owned one:

You must break in a Kahr.  

It's either 200 or 300 rounds before they are reliable.  

Kahr states this in the manual so there is no shortcut.  Break it in before you rely on it.

I love mine.  Zero problems.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top