Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 10/6/2015 1:47:40 PM EDT
Does anybody have opinions on both. Which ones are the best?
Link Posted: 10/6/2015 2:27:31 PM EDT
[#1]
Best is a hard way to look at it.  Both do the same job and are both good quality.  Aesthetics matter more at this point.
Link Posted: 10/7/2015 3:42:38 AM EDT
[#2]
Vickers pinches my hand way more than 10-8 on a regular G19, and the 10-8 fits in my magwell on the fancy g19 (Vickers doesn't).  
So it's an easy choice for me.  I also don't like how the Vickers sticks out sooo far on both sides...but in a combat gun that is probably good (for CCW not so much).
Link Posted: 10/7/2015 3:24:04 PM EDT
[#3]
Absolutely useless waste of money.  

Buy an extra mag with the money you would have blown on extra-tactical base pads....
Link Posted: 10/7/2015 5:10:03 PM EDT
[#4]
I like metal base pads to add some weight.
Link Posted: 10/9/2015 1:02:14 PM EDT
[#5]
I have the Vickers plates on my carry magazines. Never tried the 10-8 ones but they look like they provide less griping surface.
Link Posted: 10/9/2015 1:13:01 PM EDT
[#6]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Absolutely useless waste of money.  

Buy an extra mag with the money you would have blown on extra-tactical base pads....
View Quote

Well, for me it helps me quickly know what mags are 9mm and what mags are 40s&w, since I have about 20 of each they get clittered sometimes and it quickly recognizable with ones are 9 with tan baspads. I have the vickers base pads that came with my 3 vickers glocks, so I started using tan baspads for all my 9mm mags. Works good and doesn't cost to much to me.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top