Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 10/5/2015 12:39:53 AM EDT
Anybody planning on jumping on board with this new pistol?  I am a proud owner of a PPQ in 9mm and was thinking about a 45 acp for the home to compliment an AR and semi-auto Mossberg shotty.  Love the trigger on my current PPQ and it seems (per YouTube reviews) that the trigger is even better.  Wow!
Link Posted: 10/5/2015 2:16:10 AM EDT
[#1]
I personally have no interest in it, but glad to see they are making it.

If they can retain the good ergonomics, with a 12 rd capacity, and still have the great trigger, all at a reasonable price, I could see it being very popular.
Link Posted: 10/5/2015 9:40:54 AM EDT
[#2]
If adding another magazine to my collection of pistols was not so expensive for Walther, FNH, and HK I would own a lot more of them.  They make great pistols but I should not have to spend $300+ to get 6+ mags.
Link Posted: 10/5/2015 5:41:32 PM EDT
[#3]
Honestly...I'm looking forward to the HK vp45...but if that doesn't materialize...the Walther and Sig320 .45 are on my radar.

Link Posted: 10/8/2015 10:23:31 PM EDT
[#4]
Got my from Buds on Tuesday. Shooting it this weekend. Anxious to see how it compares to the HK45 on recoil.
Link Posted: 10/9/2015 1:56:16 AM EDT
[#5]

Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

Got my from Buds on Tuesday. Shooting it this weekend. Anxious to see how it compares to the HK45 on recoil.
View Quote
+1

Please update
Link Posted: 10/9/2015 2:36:10 AM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:

+1    

Please update

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

+1    

Please update

Taggity
Link Posted: 10/9/2015 8:58:14 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
View Quote

Really looking forward to your review!!!!
Link Posted: 10/10/2015 4:07:52 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
View Quote

Pics?
Link Posted: 10/10/2015 6:58:34 PM EDT
[#9]
Just back from range.
Size and feel really close to PPQ 9mm. Slide a bit taller and grip a bit longer but still great feeling. Trigger is PPQ fantastic - light and very short reset. You can feel and hear reset so a very predictable trigger. My HK45 has the regular trigger (not LEM). I like it but PPQ is much better. the shorter 12 rd mag with PPQ beats the 10rd HK mags. The HK feels a little bigger in hand but I prefer the grip of HK though. It just feel so nice in my hand.

Recoil - PPQ45 is a soft shooter. Really easy to control. The HK45 does a better job. Back to back shooting and the HK recoil is just plain easier to recover from. I can shoot the HK45 for 500 rnds straight and the PPQ would get tiring long before that.

Used Fed, WWB, Aquila, and Freedom Ammo reloads - all 230 ball. No malfunctions of any kind with any of them. First mag out of the PPQ blew out most of the bulleye -  all due to excellent trigger reset. Very happy with purchase. Now to find more mags ..
Crappy pics to follow....
" />
" />
Link Posted: 10/10/2015 9:51:54 PM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:

Just back from range.

Size and feel really close to PPQ 9mm. Slide a bit taller and grip a bit longer but still great feeling. Trigger is PPQ fantastic - light and very short reset. You can feel and hear reset so a very predictable trigger. My HK45 has the regular trigger (not LEM). I like it but PPQ is much better. the shorter 12 rd mag with PPQ beats the 10rd HK mags. The HK feels a little bigger in hand but I prefer the grip of HK though. It just feel so nice in my hand.

Recoil - PPQ45 is a soft shooter. Really easy to control. The HK45 does a better job. Back to back shooting and the HK recoil is just plain easier to recover from. I can shoot the HK45 for 500 rnds straight and the PPQ would get tiring long before that.

Used Fed, WWB, Aquila, and Freedom Ammo reloads - all 230 ball. No malfunctions of any kind with any of them. First mag out of the PPQ blew out most of the bulleye -  all due to excellent trigger reset. Very happy with purchase. Now to find more mags ..

Crappy pics to follow....

http://<a href=http://i904.photobucket.com/albums/ac245/eeshooter45/PPQ%2045_zpsocdlelg0.jpg</a>" />

http://<a href=http://i904.photobucket.com/albums/ac245/eeshooter45/PPQ%2045%20%20HK45_zpsodbh6b5u.jpg</a>" />
View Quote
thanks for the nice update

Link Posted: 10/10/2015 11:34:40 PM EDT
[#11]

So if the SHTF, which one will you grab?  It sounds like you like them both equally for different reasons.  Who's your winner?
Link Posted: 10/11/2015 10:51:45 AM EDT
[#12]
I shot the first dealer sample in the state about 6 weeks ago.  *Awesome* gun, great value.  The trigger is fantastic...shots into the forehead of a silhouette at 25 yards all day long.  

Walther has a winner with this one.
Link Posted: 10/11/2015 1:50:01 PM EDT
[#13]
Does it feel big in the hands?  For having a 12 round capacity, it looks pretty ergonomic, and the grip area doesn't look much bigger than the HK45 at all.  And the HK45 is a very ergonomic gun.
Link Posted: 10/11/2015 3:08:38 PM EDT
[#14]
How's the HK45 trigger compared to the PPQ?

I am looking for a .45 semi-auto and can't decide between these or the FNX Tactical.
Link Posted: 10/11/2015 3:14:24 PM EDT
[#15]
Was not aware that Walther brought out a PPQ in .45 ACP. I last remember the only incarnation of a .45 ACP Walther was the SW99. I think it held something like 9 rounds in the magazine.
Link Posted: 10/11/2015 5:22:25 PM EDT
[#16]

Quoted:

Does it feel big in the hands? For having a 12 round capacity, it looks pretty ergonomic, and the grip area doesn't look much bigger than the HK45 at all.  And the HK45 is a very ergonomic gun.
View Quote

Not even a little bit.  

Link Posted: 10/12/2015 7:50:10 AM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:

So if the SHTF, which one will you grab?  It sounds like you like them both equally for different reasons.  Who's your winner?
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Right now
if slow shooting for accuracy - PPQ
SHTF - HK45-  more personal reliable history with it plus people can shoot it even when blind
Link Posted: 10/12/2015 10:42:55 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
Does it feel big in the hands?  For having a 12 round capacity, it looks pretty ergonomic, and the grip area doesn't look much bigger than the HK45 at all.  And the HK45 is a very ergonomic gun.
View Quote

The HK45 has a pretty terrible trigger, and has a huge slide mass but a lightweight frame--so it feels top heavy and ungainly the more you shoot it. It also has pretty dismal capacity for being a double stack (10+1 with the elephant foot standard mag).

The HK45ct is the king--it's a MUCH better gun with much better ergo than its bigger sibling.
Link Posted: 10/13/2015 12:00:38 AM EDT
[#19]
Are any of you guys that have shot the PPQ 45 able to compare it to the Sig P320 in 45?  Same goes for the HK45 as a comparison to the P320 45.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top