Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 9/26/2015 1:01:10 AM EDT
Just bought a Sig 938 Extreme.  Like...a couple hours ago tonight?  What's the hive think about these little pistols?  

Yes, yes, I already bought it.  Just curious.  Feels like a quality piece to me.  Seems to be built well.

I dislike Glocks.  But I actually went to buy the G43 because for some reason I like it.  Go figure.

Well, the Glock was $489 and the Sig was $749.  But the Sig came with night sights and seems to be a higher perceived quality.  So I figured it was a wash.  May get the Glock in the future though.

Thanks for any comments!
Link Posted: 9/26/2015 2:32:34 AM EDT
[#1]
Nice pistol. I never owned a Sig P239 or P938, but I did hold a P238 in a pawn shop. It seemed very well built. I wouldn't mind owning one.
Link Posted: 9/26/2015 11:21:14 AM EDT
[#2]
Mine has been flawless without any problem after about 1k rounds.
Link Posted: 9/26/2015 1:27:30 PM EDT
[#3]
I will buy one if it wasn't for that paper clip thingy under the side release .
Link Posted: 9/26/2015 1:32:06 PM EDT
[#4]
Mine didn't like any 115gr at first, sent it back to Sig and whatever they did fixed it, runs 100%.
Link Posted: 9/26/2015 2:12:26 PM EDT
[#5]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
View Quote

Lol.  

Never heard it referred to quite like that.  But....I guess you are correct though.

My only complaint is minor, but I don't like the trigger.  Well, actually I don't like the fact that it's plastic on such an expensive all metal gun.

So now I have a hammer spring and aluminum trigger on the way.
Link Posted: 9/26/2015 2:49:04 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

Lol.  

Never heard it referred to quite like that.  But....I guess you are correct though.

My only complaint is minor, but I don't like the trigger.  Well, actually I don't like the fact that it's plastic on such an expensive all metal gun.

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Lol.  

I will keep it stock if I were you , in case you decide to ditch it.
Link Posted: 9/26/2015 10:30:20 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Lol.  

Nah....shot it today.  Came away damned impressed.  It ain't going nowhere.  
Link Posted: 9/27/2015 8:03:14 AM EDT
[#8]
I have one, it's a nice piece.
Link Posted: 9/27/2015 9:50:15 AM EDT
[#9]
My wife and I both carry one. I carry the the Blackwood and she carries the SAS, neither have given us any trouble and they both shoot great. They seem to shoot faster 124gr ammo better.
Link Posted: 9/27/2015 2:08:15 PM EDT
[#10]
I have a 938 rosewood. I wanted the extreme but never could find one. I settled. But after at least 100 rnds through it she's a keeper. I shot basicly winnie white box wal mart ammo. No stoppages at all. WarDawg
Link Posted: 9/27/2015 3:13:11 PM EDT
[#11]
Has anyone shot this side by side with a p238? I bought my wife a p238 awhile back and now she is eyeing the p938...

She complains about me building AR15's but wants a pistol that costs more than my latest BCM build
Link Posted: 9/27/2015 6:16:36 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
Has anyone shot this side by side with a p238? I bought my wife a p238 awhile back and now she is eyeing the p938...

She complains about me building AR15's but wants a pistol that costs more than my latest BCM build
View Quote

There's a nice one in the EE as of today...

Link Posted: 9/27/2015 7:16:27 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

View Quote

You can take what I say with a grain of salt because I started this thread and have only fired about 100 rounds through my 938.  Never fired the 238.  To be honest it's a smooth little shooter and isn't too snappy or uncomfortable to shoot at all.  I put 5 different brands through mine.  Only ones that I could really feel was some 147 SD ammo.  And even then I was shocked at how easy it is to shoot well.

I've owned a good many autos.  None ever this small.  The difference between shooting my much bigger PPQ and this is barely perceptible.  

I would be willing to bet your wife would love the 938 since she has a 238.
Link Posted: 9/27/2015 8:41:08 PM EDT
[#14]
My Wife carrys a 938 Extreme, it is failure free with any ammunition tried, It's fit and finish is typical of Sig and something I noticed in particular is the smoothness of this gun in comparison to the other small auto pistols I've used/owned (My Wife as well as three Daughters have no issue cycling the slide). Its a great gun.
Link Posted: 9/28/2015 6:34:36 PM EDT
[#15]
I love mine....    My only complaint is that the recoil spring is a bitch to reinstall....
Link Posted: 9/28/2015 7:56:01 PM EDT
[#16]
I got mine for $599 used no problems with ammo but the G10 grips are sharp and you will fill it after few rounds
Link Posted: 9/28/2015 9:59:39 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
I love mine....    My only complaint is that the recoil spring is a bitch to reinstall....
View Quote

Agreed.  Captured spring would be nice.
Link Posted: 9/29/2015 3:39:48 PM EDT
[#18]
I love mine. It sees more carry time than anything else I own. Recoil isn't too bad considering the size, and I'm stupidly accurate with it. My only complaint is the plastic trigger; I wish they had a smooth metal version. Aftermarket triggers are out there, but that involves driving out a pin that's a bear.
Link Posted: 9/29/2015 5:24:52 PM EDT
[#19]
I really like mine too.  It wasn't a good choice as a first gun but I've branched out since then.  And now that my mentor has fixed my grip, it doesn't bite back anymore.  I got the one with the Hogue grips and laser.  I took the laser off for now though.  I think I'm going to have the slide cerakoted robin's egg blue
Link Posted: 9/29/2015 5:42:00 PM EDT
[#20]
My wife and I both have the 938s little brother, the 238. If the 938 is built like the 238 you should be quite happy. I have had minimal issues (related to ammo, or me getting lazy with fundamentals) and have 2200 rounds through mine.
Link Posted: 10/3/2015 6:43:17 PM EDT
[#21]
Love mine. Shoots great. Carry it every day.
Link Posted: 10/25/2015 1:07:02 AM EDT
[#22]
Ok guys I'm bumping this old thread for an update.  Some of you might enjoy it.

Basically the pistol in my original post is fantastic.  It shoot's great, is lightweight and easy to carry.  I really like it.

That being said I'm a bit of a perfectionist and am always tinkering with things.  Nothing is ever left stock.

I didn't care for the plastic trigger on my expensive little gun, nor did I care for the trigger pull.  Trigger pull although fairly crisp was a little heavy.

I installed a Dawson Precision hammer spring that brought the pull weight down quite a bit.  The trigger can be described as "pretty good" now.  Supposedly it's still reliable with quality factory ammo, but I will wait to verify that for myself before I carry it much.  And since I was at it....that plastic trigger had to go.

I read all the horror stories online about how much a pain in the ass it is to swap the triggers in the little pistols.  Me being the "manly man" that I am, I decided that all of these folks were full of shit, and probably didn't know how to use a damn tool.  Been working on shit my whole life, what do these guys know?  Well, I'll tell you....they were right.  It is a pain in the ass, and the pin is extremely tight.  You wouldn't believe a pin that small could withstand the amount of ass whooping I put on it.  But it did.  And naturally, I didn't have the correct tools and marred the finish around the trigger pin hole.

I called myself being careful, and taping everything up, but it still happened.  It was very minor, and I really don't care about scratches or wear on my guns.  However, I DO care about "dumbass marks".  And every time I looked at it, all I could see was my dumbass mistake.  So.....

I finished getting the trigger out and stripped the whole frame down.  It was sent off to a cigar smoking panda that's running around Arkansas.  Yes, you read that correctly.  Ask someone on the forum or Google it.  I think he was blue in color.  In any case he charged me a reasonable price and had a quick turnaround.  It was done in Tungsten Grey and I must say I think it turned out very nice.  I can barely see the damage I caused during the trigger swap.  I'm really happy with it.

Guys, if you want to do this job yourself, I bought a matte black aluminum trigger and it fit excellent.  Buy a 1/32" nail set as they have a cupped head.  Rap the pin a few good times with that to get it moving.  Then you can finish knocking the pin out with a 1/8" punch.  The rest is mechanically easy to do, just tedious and frustrating as hell.  If you have any questions, I'm more than willing to answer or help.

Enough blabber....tell me what you think!!

Before.......

After...........

*knives shown for size reference

Link Posted: 10/25/2015 2:37:40 AM EDT
[#23]
Looks nice. Now I kind of want one.
Link Posted: 10/25/2015 2:34:07 PM EDT
[#24]
I like the holster,who made it?
Link Posted: 10/25/2015 3:06:58 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:
I like the holster,who made it?
View Quote

StealthGear Sir...

Everybody has different preferences, but in my opinion they are the finest concealment holsters money can buy.

I now have 3 of them.  They are spendy, but absolutely worth the money.

Check them out on their website.

Thanks!
Link Posted: 10/25/2015 3:09:09 PM EDT
[#26]
I like what I see. I'd really like to try one out.
Link Posted: 10/25/2015 3:11:41 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:
View Quote

Thanks.  I don't think you will be disappointed.
Link Posted: 10/25/2015 3:17:22 PM EDT
[#28]
Link Posted: 10/25/2015 9:06:53 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:

<a href="http://s680.photobucket.com/user/foursixty/media/Sig%20938/_20151024_233028_zpsnqajxvsf.jpg.html" target="_blank">http://i680.photobucket.com/albums/vv167/foursixty/Sig%20938/_20151024_233028_zpsnqajxvsf.jpg</a>
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

<a href="http://s680.photobucket.com/user/foursixty/media/Sig%20938/_20151024_233028_zpsnqajxvsf.jpg.html" target="_blank">http://i680.photobucket.com/albums/vv167/foursixty/Sig%20938/_20151024_233028_zpsnqajxvsf.jpg</a>

Sig has never "disappointed" me.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top