Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Posted: 8/31/2015 10:17:35 AM EDT
I have been looking to buy a G19 and the best prices seem to be online.
But I have never bought a gun  online before, so I was looking for some recommendations.
Thanks.
Link Posted: 8/31/2015 10:41:31 AM EDT
[#1]
Bud's without question.

Link Posted: 8/31/2015 10:41:55 AM EDT
[#2]
First check with your local gun shops see if they will work with you on price.  Expect to pay brand new 499-550 online for a Glock 19 + shipping and +transfer that could be another 25-50 depending.  I find my best deals when I buy used if at all possible otherwise make a LGS an offer see if they bite if not then ask them if you can have a firearm shipped to them for FFL transfer.

Before you buy online make sure you have a FFL to do the transfer too.  Then once you have their OK buy the firearm and send the seller your FFL info so they can do their FFL thing and ship.
Link Posted: 8/31/2015 10:50:25 AM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Bud's without question.

View Quote

What do you guys think about, Impact guns and Grab A Gun??
Link Posted: 8/31/2015 10:51:10 AM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
First check with your local gun shops see if they will work with you on price.  Expect to pay brand new 499-550 online for a Glock 19 + shipping and +transfer that could be another 25-50 depending.  I find my best deals when I buy used if at all possible otherwise make a LGS an offer see if they bite if not then ask them if you can have a firearm shipped to them for FFL transfer.

Before you buy online make sure you have a FFL to do the transfer too.  Then once you have their OK buy the firearm and send the seller your FFL info so they can do their FFL thing and ship.
View Quote

Pawn Shop in town charges 10 bucks to transfer.
Link Posted: 8/31/2015 10:53:49 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

$10 is a good price..... try gunbroker also and AIM surplus has G19's from time to time for a good price.
Link Posted: 8/31/2015 10:54:30 AM EDT
[#6]
I've had good luck with...

Buds
Grabagun
Gunbuyer
AIM Surplus
Summit Guns

I'm sure there's a bunch of others, but I don't buy that many guns online.  I have a local FFL that works out of his home and he can usually get me a decent deal on new guns.
Link Posted: 8/31/2015 11:07:04 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Bud's without question.

I'm in Texas, so most of my customers choose an out of state seller to avoid TX sales tax. (Grab a Gun is a Texas company)
Kentucky Gun Co
Palmetto State Armory
Impact
Centerfire Systems

All good to go

Link Posted: 8/31/2015 11:40:54 AM EDT
[#8]
I have had good service from Kentucky Gun Co.

Prices aren't so bad either.
Link Posted: 8/31/2015 5:58:00 PM EDT
[#9]
Thanks for the help.
Going to order one Fri.
Link Posted: 8/31/2015 10:25:00 PM EDT
[#10]
gunwatcher.com and slickguns.com are your friends.
Link Posted: 9/1/2015 2:33:02 AM EDT
[#11]
Add Tooele Shooting Supply or its affiliate to the above vendors. I've had good transactions with them.
Link Posted: 9/1/2015 5:04:09 AM EDT
[#12]
I've had good luck with Buds, CDNN, and Robertson's Trading Post selling through Guns America.
Link Posted: 9/1/2015 7:57:06 AM EDT
[#13]
Buds (but the cash or credit thing is BS and it should NOT take 5 days for an e-check to clear)
AIM
SouthernOhioGun
I've bought from other sources too-dealers on GB, and some smaller mom and pop stores I've found deals on guns via google searches.  If you use a CC you are protected so who cares
Link Posted: 9/1/2015 8:45:47 AM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
Buds (but the cash or credit thing is BS
View Quote

Uh....credit cards cost the merchant more. Giving a discount to cash customers isnt BS.

and it should NOT take 5 days for an e-check to clear)
View Quote

Never run a business or read anything on your bank statement have you?
While funds may be deducted from your checking account within a day or two, it doesnt mean the depositor has been credited with the full amount of the check.
Ask someone who has deposited a phoney check or money order how long a period the bank can wait to do a chargeback.

Link Posted: 9/1/2015 9:51:01 AM EDT
[#15]
Buds recently took 12 days to ship an in stock pistol that I paid for with a credit card and a preferred FFL on file with them.

I'm going through Kentucky Gun Company next time and see how they are.  Buds is slipping..
Link Posted: 9/1/2015 10:04:58 AM EDT
[#16]
I have had very good luck with Gallery of guns. It lets you comparison shop all of your local dealers which they sell through.

https://www.galleryofguns.com/genie/
Link Posted: 9/1/2015 11:44:32 AM EDT
[#17]
I have purchased three handguns from Buds, all transactions went smooth as hell. Don't expect them to ship right away, though.
Link Posted: 9/1/2015 12:23:50 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Bud's without question.

Impact is so much better than buds its not even funny. Just look at the difference in website quality between the two. Read online about all the complaints against buds and decide if you want to trust them with your credit card info.
Link Posted: 9/1/2015 5:16:01 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:

Impact is so much better than buds its not even funny. Just look at the difference in website quality between the two. Read online about all the complaints against buds and decide if you want to trust them with your credit card info.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Bud's without question.

I suppose you are the web developer for Impact?
Who gives a shit about "website quality" when the pretty website shows higher prices? Only the IT guy I suppose.

I've done transfers from both Bud's and Impact.
The reason you'll find more complaints about Bud's is due to the fact they ship many times the quantity that Impact or any other online gun seller does.
In seven years I can count the problems caused by Bud's on one hand (with fingers left over). They are without question the best shipper I receive guns from.
Link Posted: 9/1/2015 5:37:30 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:

Who gives a shit about "website quality" when the pretty website shows higher prices? Only the IT guy I suppose.

The reason you'll find more complaints about Bud's is due to the fact they ship many times the quantity that Impact or any other online gun seller does.
In seven years I can count the problems caused by Bud's on one hand (with fingers left over). They are without question the best shipper I receive guns from.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Bud's without question.

Not associated with impact in any way. I have done business with buds in the past and regretted it. I was simply inferring that in my experience buds is not a great business (starting from the website on up). Just because you have not had a bad experience with them doesn't mean they are great. Look up some of the complaints. People rip on buds all the time and it's for a good reason.

ETA: Prices are typically the same at Buds and Impact.
Link Posted: 9/1/2015 5:44:49 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Bud's without question.

Grab a gun is very good to go.

Txl
Link Posted: 9/1/2015 6:05:36 PM EDT
[#22]
Grabagun beats buds. Grabagun has literally always shipped within like an hour of me ordering. Buds' inventory isn't always accurate. Sometimes they have to get it from a supplier and it takes a long time to get. With a g19 though it's such a common gun that I doubt you'd have to worry about that.
Link Posted: 9/1/2015 9:55:58 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:

Txl
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Bud's without question.

Txl

Grab A Gun gave me the best deal and I ordered from them today.
Now I must wait.
Link Posted: 9/2/2015 2:02:45 PM EDT
[#24]
I've bought from Buds a couple times, JoeBobs (AR Lowers).  Just made my first purchase through Gallery of Guns yesterday.  Going to see how that transaction goes.

The XD9 Tactical I bought was $1.00 less than Buds when I factored it all in and I don't have to meet this gun smith at his house when it's convenient for him.
Link Posted: 9/2/2015 5:18:10 PM EDT
[#25]
Places I buy guns

-Bud's
-Impactguns
-Tombstone Tactical
-Topgunsupply (high end 1911s with no waiting)
-PSA (when they have a sale)
-gunpoker from reputable dealers
-CDNN
-AIM Surplus
Link Posted: 9/2/2015 7:14:29 PM EDT
[#26]
Grab a gun is GOOD TO GO

Buds take 10 years to ship.

I usually go with which ever is cheaper
Link Posted: 9/3/2015 7:10:37 AM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:
I usually go with which ever is cheaper
View Quote

me three.  I don't need a pistol tomorrow, but it's nice when they ship fast, but, the bottom line is who is shipping me the gun for the rock bottom price
Link Posted: 9/3/2015 8:01:44 AM EDT
[#28]
I've always had great luck with Buds Guns.
Link Posted: 9/3/2015 5:10:42 PM EDT
[#29]
kygunco
Link Posted: 9/3/2015 5:19:04 PM EDT
[#30]
Buds
Summit
Aim
and had success on gunbroker
Link Posted: 9/3/2015 6:35:45 PM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:
Buds recently took 12 days to ship an in stock pistol that I paid for with a credit card and a preferred FFL on file with them.

I'm going through Kentucky Gun Company next time and see how they are.  Buds is slipping..
View Quote

Oh, but don't you know buds is the greatest thing ever? Hickok45 even says so.. in every fucking video nowadays.
Link Posted: 9/3/2015 9:47:58 PM EDT
[#32]
Removed - Use IMs for making offers

Maynard
Link Posted: 9/4/2015 1:56:11 AM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:
Grabagun beats buds. Grabagun has literally always shipped within like an hour of me ordering. Buds' inventory isn't always accurate. Sometimes they have to get it from a supplier and it takes a long time to get. With a g19 though it's such a common gun that I doubt you'd have to worry about that.
View Quote

Buds has ZERO inventory.  Everything is from a supplier.  That's why their "inventory" is not always accurate.
Link Posted: 9/4/2015 4:44:03 AM EDT
[#34]
I've bought the majority of my guns from Bud's over the years but recently it's taken over a week to two weeks for me to get my firearms.  Prices are good with them and they have my FFL dealer on file.  But I don't like the idea it takes that long for me to get my guns.  In recent years I've been using Gun Genie (Davidson's/Gallery of Guns) and they have been great.  Inventory is precise and I've gotten my guns in a few days to Hawaii.  Even prices are competitive.  When you throw in the quicker shipping, easy web ordering, and more accurate inventory online, I'll go where I get the best service and that is with Davidson's.  I may try the other one's mentioned in this thread like Grabagun and Impact as I've heard good stuff over the years about them.
Link Posted: 9/4/2015 7:01:34 AM EDT
[#35]
Id rather spend a few bucks more to see the gun first and walk out with it the same day.
I also like supporting my local gun shops.
Link Posted: 9/4/2015 9:37:38 AM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:
View Quote

Good for you.  My LGS's are full of fat ass know-nothings and their prices are outrageous.
Link Posted: 9/4/2015 1:43:16 PM EDT
[#37]
I usually find real good prices on GunPorker for small dealers for pistols if I search around.  Latest deal was from Selway Armory, dealing with them was a breeze and they shipped super fast.  
Link Posted: 9/4/2015 1:47:11 PM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:
Buds has ZERO inventory.  Everything is from a supplier.  That's why their "inventory" is not always accurate.
View Quote

Absolute horseshit.
While Bud's does some drop shipping, nearly 95% of the firearms I receive from Bud's comes DIRECTLY from Bud's.
Link Posted: 9/4/2015 2:35:18 PM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:

Absolute horseshit.
While Bud's does some drop shipping, nearly 95% of the firearms I receive from Bud's comes DIRECTLY from Bud's.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Absolute horseshit.

+1.  People have ran with that Bud's rumor for years now.  It is HORSESHIT
Link Posted: 9/4/2015 3:07:15 PM EDT
[#40]
I have bought from many. These have given be the best service at a very good price. In order of preference:

1) Tombstone Tactical
2) Kentucky Gun Company
3) Buds Gun Shop
4) Sportsman's Guide
Link Posted: 9/4/2015 3:26:03 PM EDT
[#41]
Prepper Gun Shop in North Dakota.

These guys have great customer service.
Link Posted: 9/5/2015 12:15:44 AM EDT
[#42]
Grabagun
Kygunco
AimSurplus
Woodbury Outfitters
CDNN
Palmetto State Armory

All places I've ordered from, all pretty great.
Link Posted: 9/5/2015 12:55:29 PM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:

View Quote

Me too.
Link Posted: 9/6/2015 3:06:16 PM EDT
[#44]
I have purchased 3 guns from  Cheaperthandirt and one from Centerfiresystems. Both were good  , however it took CenterfireSystems 3 days to clear my debit card.
Link Posted: 9/6/2015 6:17:38 PM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:
I have purchased 3 guns from  Cheaperthandirt and one from Centerfiresystems. Both were good  , however it took CenterfireSystems 3 days to clear my debit card.
View Quote

In my experience (twice) it takes CTD three days to process an order too.
Link Posted: 9/7/2015 2:24:45 PM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:
Places I buy guns

-Bud's
-Impactguns
-Tombstone Tactical
-Topgunsupply (high end 1911s with no waiting)
-PSA (when they have a sale)
-gunpoker from reputable dealers
-CDNN
-AIM Surplus
View Quote

This pretty much nailed it.  I prefer local for Glocks - maybe it is because they are based 15 miles from where I sleep but I always find reasonable prices local-

Hell I bought A NIBx coated Gen 3 19 yesterday for less than $500 new
Link Posted: 9/7/2015 10:11:04 PM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:

Me too.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Me too.

Usually the first place I check as well.
Link Posted: 9/8/2015 5:05:08 AM EDT
[#48]
This thread is really opening up my eyes on other vendors from what I've been using.  I've researched a couple already and plan to go out of my circle of online vendors to procure my next pistol.
Link Posted: 9/8/2015 7:06:40 AM EDT
[#49]
I think I'll be trying out gunbuyer,com next.  Free shipping over $199, no CC fee, and some of the lowest prices I've seem when all is compared.
Link Posted: 9/8/2015 10:05:10 PM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:

Good for you.  My LGS's are full of fat ass know-nothings and their prices are outrageous.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I love my local shop when they have what I'm looking for.  And they are GREAT for used guns.  Most of the time they don't have it in stock.  Never have CZ's, hardly ever have Beretta's, have only seen one HK,  never seen a PPQ.  Only have Ruger single actions.  They are good for Glocks and GREAT for reloading supplies.  Main reason I go.

I agree.....I have always bought from either Buds or a few other online guys, there are really a bunch more out there I didn't know about.  

Thanks to the OP for starting this up...!!  
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top