Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 3
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 8/13/2015 6:47:34 PM EDT
[#1]
Id say a if you can only have 1 i suggest the 19. Even though i dont have one anymore. But then again i have more than a few and i gave up my glocks for xdm. But if you can only have 1 you have to take into account availability of parts and mags. The 23 with a conver barrel would also be suggested.
Link Posted: 8/13/2015 9:29:47 PM EDT
[#2]
If I could have only one handgun it would be my Glock 20.
Link Posted: 8/13/2015 11:30:50 PM EDT
[#3]
I've carried and shot bout' everything worth considering over the last 40+ years. The pistol I will have til' the end is my lightly customized Colt Lightweight Commander, in .45 ACP.
I really like the S&W Mountain Gun, in various calibers. Will have another eventually.
Link Posted: 8/13/2015 11:55:11 PM EDT
[#4]
g17
Link Posted: 8/14/2015 7:53:24 AM EDT
[#5]
Colt O1991A1.
Link Posted: 8/14/2015 8:57:22 AM EDT
[#6]
g18 but the fucking gov says i cant have one
Link Posted: 8/14/2015 10:51:00 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
huh, you like those grips?  I hear most people send 'em straight to the trash can.  Also, have you considered a beavertail or extended safety?  Or do you prefer the GI look?
View Quote

I do, I think they're kinda pretty, for as much as that is worth.

I'm keeping that one GI; I have another, tricked out .45 Commander with a beavertail & extended safety and a bobtail if I feel like it.

There's nothing wrong with a GI pattern 1911 that 15 minutes and a bottle of white/orange fingernail polish can't fix.
Link Posted: 8/14/2015 7:34:32 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
I have had and carried maybe 15-20 different handguns over the past 28 or so years. All kinds and calibers, Glocks, J-frames, 686, 92FS, Colt Agent, a .380 , some Dick Specials, 3rd gen Smiths, Etc. to name a few.

But for the last seven or so I have only owned one handgun. S&W Model 242, .38 Special +P rated, Airlite K-frame with a titanium 7-shot cylinder, DOA with a very smooth trigger. I have come to the realization that this is all I need. I shoot it well and don't miss any of the other guns I had years ago.  

Like mine but not mine:
http://www.franksplanet.com/242.jpg
View Quote

How have I not heard of this?
Link Posted: 9/14/2015 11:37:20 PM EDT
[#9]
I've owned a Sig 220 .45, a 229 .40/.357, a P228, and a G19, amongst others.  Any of the listed models I'd have as an "only 1 gun".

A railed P229 with a threaded 9mm conversion barrel, and factory .40 and .357 barrels would be pretty close to perfect.
Link Posted: 9/14/2015 11:43:18 PM EDT
[#10]
Mk.25 Sig. Yes I have it.
Link Posted: 9/15/2015 5:04:01 AM EDT
[#11]
Have it, walther p99.
Link Posted: 9/15/2015 7:33:04 AM EDT
[#12]
Of all the guns I've owned, my favorite was my CZ SP-01 Tactical in 9mm. I sold it (like a fool) to my father as I did not shoot it much (was not shooting much of anything at the time) and needed money.

The only thing I did not care for was the DA / SA trigger. Even with this, it was still my favorite.

So in a nut-shell, I guess my "Ideal" pistol would be some sort of SP-01 with a SAO trigger and a thumb safety (like a 1911), and no, I do not own one (yet).

Here's a pic of my pistol:

Link Posted: 9/15/2015 9:14:03 AM EDT
[#13]
SIG P320 Compact 9mm. I now own 3 that rotate between training/backup, EDC & nightstand duty.
Tomac
Link Posted: 9/15/2015 3:45:23 PM EDT
[#14]
If I could have only one it would be my Sig P228. Accurate, reliable, and just feels good in hand.
Link Posted: 9/15/2015 4:30:41 PM EDT
[#15]
I've always said it was a Glock 19, but over the last year or so I have started gravitating more to the 17.  I feel like I get a better grip on the draw with a 17, and it really isn't any harder to conceal.
Link Posted: 9/15/2015 5:10:55 PM EDT
[#16]

Quoted:

I've always said it was a Glock 19, but over the last year or so I have started gravitating more to the 17.  I feel like I get a better grip on the draw with a 17, and it really isn't any harder to conceal.
View Quote

I used to say that about the G17... I lost a bunch of weight, and now pretty much have to carry the 19.  I have been amazed how much better it hides, how it doesn't dig in to the seat or the grip into my side.  Amazing what that little half-inch difference on each end can do.
Link Posted: 9/15/2015 11:43:36 PM EDT
[#17]
So far?  My Cz p-01.  Really haven't found "the one"  

Would probably grab my Glock 17 or 19 in an end of world type scenario...

My H&K p2000sk is perfect in terms of overall dimensions / polymer lower / hammer fired for appendix carry, but I cannot shoot it worth shit.

Hopefully the Cz P07 will be "The one"
Link Posted: 9/16/2015 7:13:25 AM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:

I used to say that about the G17... I lost a bunch of weight, and now pretty much have to carry the 19.  I have been amazed how much better it hides, how it doesn't dig in to the seat or the grip into my side.  Amazing what that little half-inch difference on each end can do.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I agree, I have a G17 and am a slim-athletic built guy.  I have yet to find a good way to conceal a G17.  Must be some bigger dudes doing it.  If I could, I'd love to carry it as it is my fav pistol I own
Link Posted: 9/16/2015 7:42:43 AM EDT
[#19]
Coltspian.

20140723_111359 by Slick_Rick77, on Flickr
Link Posted: 9/16/2015 8:30:12 AM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:

I agree, I have a G17 and am a slim-athletic built guy.  I have yet to find a good way to conceal a G17.  Must be some bigger dudes doing it.  If I could, I'd love to carry it as it is my fav pistol I own
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

I'm 5'11", 200 lbs, with a 33-34" waist.  If that makes me a "bigger dude", I guess so.
Link Posted: 9/16/2015 4:16:35 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:

I'm 5'11", 200 lbs, with a 33-34" waist.  If that makes me a "bigger dude", I guess so.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

I'm 5'-7" and weigh 130.  So...  To me your big.   LOL.  But obviously it's all relative.  I carry my M9 at times though and don't find it too hard.  I think it's because my waist is so skinny and my shoulders are wider than my waist.  But that being said, I think I notice it being hard on my back.  Sucks being old.  

I haven't figured it out yet, so no, I don't have it.  I thought for me it was the HiPower.  And actually it still might be.  But mine needs work, so I don't get to carry it.  Plus, I'm not real comfortable with a single action as a carry gun.  Although the trigger is so heavy, I'm not sure it should matter.  

What I would like to try and seem like the all time do it all pistols in theory are possibly:

Sig P239
S&W 39 or the ones that came after it...
A 3" K frame
An HK P2000
An M&P .45c or maybe a 9mm compact
And I know the G19 isn't for me after owning one, but I'm kind of tempted to try a 17.  Although I think the SIZE of the G19 is really a good do it all gun size.  
Maybe a Beretta 92 Compact, I always lusted after the M model.  

for me single stack makes carrying so much easier, for having a second mag.

I presently carry a 442 all day, most every day, but I don't really consider it a do it all gun.  It's more like I'm OK with it but there are times I'd rather have something with more capacity and better sight with a  longer sight radius.
Link Posted: 9/16/2015 4:40:03 PM EDT
[#22]
I'm not allowed to buy lots of guns by my wife's lack of understanding . So out of my small and very modest collection if I could have one or keep one it'd be my Glock 26. Why not a 19? Because I can make a 26 larger, but I can't make a 19 smaller. The 26 shoots for me every bit as well as the 19 and is more comfortable for carry. So yeah, my 26 does double-duty as my home defense and then shares EDC responsibilities with my G42.
Link Posted: 9/17/2015 3:27:40 AM EDT
[#23]
Glock 19
Link Posted: 9/17/2015 10:03:12 AM EDT
[#24]
Link Posted: 9/19/2015 2:26:58 AM EDT
[#25]
P226.  But let’s be real if it goes bang, I want to shoot it & probably own it.

Link Posted: 9/19/2015 11:41:55 PM EDT
[#26]
First of all I don't sell guns, so if I could only have one I would cry.

I own XDm's, M&Ps, Glocks, and a P226. Love and cherish them all. But if it all came down to one...

Just picked up this model, already had a plain jane. Additions will be a Surefire XC1 (on order) and Trijicon HDs (Monday). And then She will be complete.
Link Posted: 9/20/2015 12:33:17 AM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:
I already got mine. Mostly.

<a href="http://s790.photobucket.com/user/DeadpanSnarker/media/IMAG0072.jpg.html" target="_blank">http://i790.photobucket.com/albums/yy181/DeadpanSnarker/IMAG0072.jpg</a>

Cheap, accurate, and it runs like a sewing machine.

Only thing I'd really consider replacing it with would be an original Colt Mk.4 S70 in 9mm.
View Quote

I have this exact same setup and it is my favorite.

100% with FMJ, Gold Dots, Winchester Ranger Ts, and Golden Sabers. Accurate and very smooth shooting. Not bad for $399
Link Posted: 9/21/2015 1:27:57 PM EDT
[#28]
My Bro in law and I were having the same conversation recently. If I was only going to have one handgun, it would have to suit all my needs (concealable, reliable, decent capacity, range fun gun, home defense, affordable, etc.) I prefer Sigs for everything except concealed carry because the ones I have are all metal and heavy.  It's not my favorite handgun by any means, but if I could only have one, my Glock 19 will do everything I need it to do.  If the PPQ and VP9 were as popular as the 19, I'd pick one of those, but I don't have one and they aren't everywhere like Glocks are (spare parts).
Link Posted: 9/22/2015 10:41:21 PM EDT
[#29]
Of ALL the handguns I've owned over the years, I shoot my Gen4 G19 the best!  It's not my favorite, but it shoots like a laser, NEVER jams, and is comfortable as hell!  My big autos feel better in my hand, but the G19 reigns Supreme!  God Bless Glock!
Link Posted: 9/23/2015 7:16:56 AM EDT
[#30]
My M&P 9 VTAC + tlr1, since I bought it about 2 years ago I cannot bring myself to buy another handgun. I carry it every day, take it to the range every time I go, and love the sights. If I had to switch to another handgun it would be a glock 19 or my M&P Shield.
Link Posted: 9/27/2015 9:51:28 PM EDT
[#31]
I've tried most every thing over a lot of years but without a doubt the best auto pistol I've ever owned is a 2nd gen G 19 I purchased around 1994. ( I still have it and still hate it).
Link Posted: 9/29/2015 9:52:03 AM EDT
[#32]
Traded my G19 for a G34, it's all I gots right now. I can conceal it so why not?
Link Posted: 9/29/2015 3:07:07 PM EDT
[#33]
I have heard it said, "I would never trust anyone who only owned ONE gun."
Along similar lines, "Only criminals own just one gun."

There is a thread of truth to this, I think.

I can't imagine only having one gun, but to play along with the op, I guess if I could only have one handgun it would logically need to be the one I would most likely use to defend my life and that would be my primary carry weapon which is my Gen 3, G26.

It ain't sexy, it ain't particularly valuable in monetary terms, but it is arguably one of my best handguns having proven totally reliable for well over 2,500 rounds now.

Link Posted: 9/29/2015 5:02:01 PM EDT
[#34]
I'm very new to guns.  I'm currently up to 6.  Two .45s (Springfield Loaded 1911 and Glock 36), two 9mm (Sig P938 and Springfield Range Officer Compact) and two .22s (Dad's old Mark II Ruger and a Mark III with a dot).  Of these if I had to choose one, it would be the Springfield RO at this time.  The Springfield Loaded isn't here yet and my gunsmith will be working on it before I get to shoot it so it'll be a couple weeks.  I'm able to handle the recoil of the RO, I could conceal it if I had to and it's accurate enough to still compete with with some modifications.  All these people talking about a Glock 19 makes me want one but other than that or maybe a P320 Sig, I'm not looking at anything else.  I'm sure that'll change as I shoot more and more different things.  Maybe eventually a revolver when I'm able to get into Cowboy Mounted Shooting.
Link Posted: 10/1/2015 12:52:03 AM EDT
[#35]
I'm a Glock 19, 1911 and Smith&Wesson N frame guy.
It would be very hard to pick one.

The challenge was to pick one so its the N frame 29 or 629 .44 magnum/special in 4" for a do everything handgun.  I spend time in the woods as well as the city.
Link Posted: 10/1/2015 2:23:55 PM EDT
[#36]
Carried this AMT frame with Michigan Armament Systems slide (Metal Lifed and Mag Na Ported) since the mid 80s.  Have a second slide which is a Colt .22LR conversions.  Its been to Germany twice each for a 3 yr tour as my only gun.  Right now it wears CTC laser grips too.

CD
Link Posted: 10/1/2015 4:47:01 PM EDT
[#37]
My Glock 19, all day, all night. In the waistband and by the bed, it's an all-purpose tool, 200ft game. The only gun I'd ever consider swapping it for would be a Glock 17, and that's my 2nd choice since I already had and sold one to buy my G19.

GLOCK: Because everything else is a fad.
Link Posted: 10/2/2015 9:32:11 PM EDT
[#38]
I'm issued a G22 for work.

I carry a G19 by choice.  It's my "one and only".
Page / 3
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top