Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 3
Link Posted: 8/1/2015 8:42:24 PM EDT
[#1]

Love this gun, will never part with it. Not only is it functionally perfect but it is a work of art.
Link Posted: 8/1/2015 9:45:49 PM EDT
[#2]
G17 gen 4. Yes.
Link Posted: 8/2/2015 6:55:12 PM EDT
[#3]
My GLOCK 22 RTF2 with 35 barrel, threaded for my .45 silencer.

I shoot .40 very effectively and 180gr loads are subsonic, so if I was only going to have 1, it would be that gun.  Plus G22 mags are cheap and plentiful now.
Link Posted: 8/2/2015 7:39:26 PM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Mine is my M&P9c with Ameriglo Hackathorn sights.
View Quote

You're a practical man. I have the exact same set-up as my every day carry piece...

To the OP's question, whats the one??? Honestly, it's the one in the OP's avatar!!! That HighPoint looks epic, hahaha! ETA: "I see someone already said that!", Dang it!

To be serious I have my one: It's a semi-custom "NM" prefix Springer "Loaded", that I have converted to .45 Super; with a 23lb Wolfe recoil spring and Wolf extra power magazine springs to accommodate the extra slide velocity. A close second is a S&W 625 Mountain Gun that also does well with Buffalo Bore's .45Super loads/ 255 grain LSWC Hard Cast pills... Both work great for east coast woods pistols.
Link Posted: 8/2/2015 8:07:32 PM EDT
[#5]
Yep.  My favorite handgun is my Gen 4 G21, Threaded factory barrel, Ameriglo Tall sights, Ti-Rant 45 suppressor, anything 230 grains = quiet and deadly.
Link Posted: 8/2/2015 8:11:29 PM EDT
[#6]
As lame as it sounds, I really want a .38 special Derringer, stainless, with black ivory, or faux ivory, handles, and I want some really nice classic revolver style engraving done on it.

I had a plastic Derringer when I was a kid that had the cheesy engraving, but I'd like a really nicely done one. Lamest grail gun ever, but that's mine.
Link Posted: 8/2/2015 8:54:37 PM EDT
[#7]
If I could only own one, it would be my Beretta 92FS. I can conceal it easy enough if I have to, with 17 round flush mags it holds enough rounds. Accurate, reliable, what else do you need
Link Posted: 8/2/2015 10:22:49 PM EDT
[#8]
Only one gun for me and that's the Glock17
I have 3 of them and one Glock19 that I got to try out.
My CCW, SHTF weapon, combat pistol ... etc... it a G17

Reasons:

reliable
inexpensive
easy to fix
tons of aftermarket parts
very common
one trigger pull the same time
flat grips
doesn't rust
no safety to think about before shooting
17 or 33 round mags
able to take it apart  down to the smallest piece without special tools
common ammo
less expensive ammo
Link Posted: 8/2/2015 10:24:52 PM EDT
[#9]
Glock 20. Great all around handgun.
Link Posted: 8/2/2015 11:08:09 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
If I could only own one, it would be my Beretta 92FS. I can conceal it easy enough if I have to, with 17 round flush mags it holds enough rounds. Accurate, reliable, what else do you need
View Quote

With good factory mags the Beretta 92 is a hell of a good sidearm. Add a good holster from Comp-tac, namely a Minotaur, and a bull hide belt; and you have a solid carry piece. I never understood all the hate here for the 92 series. Besides my 1911, my old 92 was the most pleasant pistol I've ever shot. I couldn't get it to limp wrist or malfunction even dirty.
Link Posted: 8/2/2015 11:12:56 PM EDT
[#11]
With handguns I'm always after something different and I have a few that I'd never let go.

One handgun to rely on for CC and HD? G35 or HK VP9.
Link Posted: 8/2/2015 11:26:57 PM EDT
[#12]
Glock 17, got it, can do everything full grip, lots of ammo.
Link Posted: 8/2/2015 11:58:33 PM EDT
[#13]
Link Posted: 8/3/2015 4:26:54 AM EDT
[#14]
The one handgun for me is the Glock 19 gen 3.  I would not let that out of my sight for any reason.  Fun to shoot, easy to maintain, accessories galore, and cheap enough to shoot.
Link Posted: 8/3/2015 5:55:51 AM EDT
[#15]
G19 for me, I personally would take any 9mm glock though for a one gun...
Link Posted: 8/3/2015 8:59:27 AM EDT
[#16]
Sig 226 Tactical. I had to save up to buy it 8 years ago.
Wanted it the first time I handled one.

Now that I can CCW, It feels as big as a suitcase.
NOT getting rid of it .
Link Posted: 8/3/2015 10:56:52 AM EDT
[#17]
I like 1911s, revolvers, etc. I've owned (too) many over the years. I got into striker fired polymer guns several years ago, but I refused to become a "Glock guy". At one point I owned a dozen different Springfield XDs. Then I moved on to M&Ps and had 7-8 of those for a while. My wife and daughter tried a Glock 19 and liked/shot it better than any other handguns they had tried... Now I'm a "Glock guy".

The G19 is my jam. I have 7 of them now, in addition to *cough* several *cough* other Glocks. I was a Gen 3 purist for a long time, but lately I've been migrating to the Gen 4 (two 19s and a 17 so far).
Link Posted: 8/3/2015 1:11:15 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
I have a P226 and a G19 right now, no real need for anything else.
View Quote

Im in the same boat.I have other handguns but id be fine with either my mk25 or 19 for the rest of my life
Link Posted: 8/3/2015 1:22:48 PM EDT
[#19]
For many years, I was a proud owner of a Mark II, Browning Hi-Power, the late '80s upgraded model of the original Hi-Power with the ambidextrous thumb safeties, nylon grips, 3-dot sights, and throated barrel. I had the gun 'smithed by none other than the renowned Jim Garthwaite in the mid 90's.

The grip feel and pistol profile were excellent. It has a nearly universal gripframe size and shape that can work with many different user hand sizes. The guns are usually highly reliable out of the box. Highly. Good magazine design and newer guns digest most hollowpoints. Easy takedown. Accuracy tends to be good but not great.

I liked the BHP for many years, but now I moved on. Moved on to what you ask? Something in the tupperware aisle? No! I became on of those folks that have made the journey to the monastery at the top of the mountain, and we've come back down with that lavishly made pistol, fire-quenched in a calm clear pool filled with the tears of fallen enemies and conquered peoples. Wilson Combat. John Moses Browning's other design, the 1911 in 9mm. That is, a Wilson Combat CQB in 9mm.
Link Posted: 8/3/2015 1:27:08 PM EDT
[#20]
My G19 and my Colt commander vie for this title. If I could choose just one...the slight edge goes to the Colt
Link Posted: 8/3/2015 3:38:09 PM EDT
[#21]
When this is available, I will only own 1 handgun. Until then, Ill keep all my M&P's.......

cp
Link Posted: 8/3/2015 4:21:14 PM EDT
[#22]
I got a Berretta 92 compact with rail that I am very comfortable with.
Link Posted: 8/3/2015 5:13:50 PM EDT
[#23]
Damn That 6906 is good looking, had one years ago and sold it.  I still miss that little bastard.

One gun is a tough choice.  I have to agree with the S&W 686 with the 6" barrel, I bought it the day I turned 21(1989) and it hasn't let me down to this day.

But if I was stuck with choosing from my collection, I would have to say my M&P VTAC in 40S&W (after the Apex trigger job).  It serves ALL purposes that I need. decent size round (and always plentiful), good capacity, light recoil, easy and light to carry, never had a FTF, FTE or any problems with it, puts rounds where it's aimed and it goes bang every time.

Can't ask for a better list of requirements from a hand gun.

Don't get me wrong, I love my 1911's and my wheel guns.  But OP said ONLY one gun (I don't know why anyone would want only one in the first place).
Link Posted: 8/3/2015 5:55:35 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:
I have 42 handguns... But the one that I would most rely on is my S&W 6906. Good defense and carry gun, single or double action, decocker, 12 + 1 rounds. What more could you ask for?

<a href="http://postimg.org/image/mwwh2suq7/full/" target="_blank">http://s27.postimg.org/4u3ebkyvn/S_W_6906.jpg</a>
View Quote

What more could you ask for?

Factory base plates adapters for the 5900 series mags so you have 15 + 1
Link Posted: 8/4/2015 2:28:32 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:
The G19 is my jam. I have 7 of them now,
View Quote

why?
Link Posted: 8/4/2015 2:30:39 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:

why?
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

why?

Link Posted: 8/4/2015 8:08:19 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:

why?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

why?

I can't speak for BlahBlah but I have 4 G19s. One is a gen2, one is a gen3, and two are gen4s. I've converted to gen4 for carry and insist on having a duplicate backup of my primary. I used to carry a gen3 and like holding onto one. I'd always wanted a gen2 in my collection and picked that one up recently.

So, just because he has 7 doesn't mean they're all identical. And anyway, I don't care if they are.
Link Posted: 8/4/2015 8:34:39 PM EDT
[#28]
My no-lock 642. I like being able to carry all the time.
Link Posted: 8/4/2015 8:37:48 PM EDT
[#29]
I enjoy many different handguns. But if I could only have one?

Yep. Have it. Sig P229.
Link Posted: 8/4/2015 8:46:52 PM EDT
[#30]
I like a lot of them, but one? G19
Link Posted: 8/4/2015 9:27:35 PM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:

why?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

why?

Why not?
Link Posted: 8/4/2015 10:03:38 PM EDT
[#32]
PPQ probably
Link Posted: 8/4/2015 10:46:13 PM EDT
[#33]
I have had and carried maybe 15-20 different handguns over the past 28 or so years. All kinds and calibers, Glocks, J-frames, 686, 92FS, Colt Agent, a .380 , some Dick Specials, 3rd gen Smiths, Etc. to name a few.

But for the last seven or so I have only owned one handgun. S&W Model 242, .38 Special +P rated, Airlite K-frame with a titanium 7-shot cylinder, DOA with a very smooth trigger. I have come to the realization that this is all I need. I shoot it well and don't miss any of the other guns I had years ago.  

Like mine but not mine:
Link Posted: 8/4/2015 10:50:05 PM EDT
[#34]
Link Posted: 8/4/2015 11:58:37 PM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:

Why not?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

why?

Why not?

Same reason why I have 8 AR15s, 6 AKs 3 FALs, 4 glocks............... BECAUSE I CAN !!!

If you don't get it you don't belong here
Link Posted: 8/10/2015 6:43:41 AM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:
I like lots of different guns and platforms.
But yes I do have the one I would have if I only had one.

Glock 19.

Dave N
View Quote

Same here, my G19 can do it all and has at times.
Link Posted: 8/10/2015 10:53:47 AM EDT
[#37]
Glocks - Sold.
Sigs - Sold.
.22s - Would never sell (MKII Ruger, Smith 41, High Standards).

If I needed to take one with me (practicality wise), 1911 STI 4.0 SS Tactical:

Shooting enjoyment, 2011 SVI 5.0 Sight Tracker:

Link Posted: 8/10/2015 12:38:14 PM EDT
[#38]
My only one I carry, compete, train with for the last two years. I can't see wanting anything else. Every time I think of buying another gun or think about selling and switching platforms,  nothing else measures up
Link Posted: 8/10/2015 12:46:53 PM EDT
[#39]
Yeah, I have a Glock 19. I wouldn't be so happy if that was the only handgun I could ever shoot again though. I don't care to shoot glocks so much, they aren't exciting. Just boringly reliable, plenty accurate, and holds enough ammo. But yeah, I have it. My M9A1 is a close contender though, it is exciting to shoot and conceals almost as well.
Link Posted: 8/10/2015 12:52:24 PM EDT
[#40]
I don't have a lot of handguns (relatively speaking) and while I do believe in a more minimalistic approach (especially if your focus is on self defense), I would never want to only have 1 handgun. Even if I was a hard core, SD only kind of guy, I'd still want at least 2 (you know the whole 2 is 1, 1 is none thing)

If I could only have one it would probably be my G17 but I'm not limited to one and this is as much a hobby for me as it is anything else so I have some guns that serve specific purposes like my G17 and I have some other guns that I bought just because I like 'em and they make me happy such as my Colt 1911.
Link Posted: 8/12/2015 10:14:55 AM EDT
[#41]

Quoted:

why?
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

why?

Because?

Honestly, my wife and 20-year-old daughter shoot the G19 better than any other handguns they've tried (and it seems like we tried them ALL). If they like/shoot it better then it makes sense to standardize on the one platform, so there are several identically configured G19s in conveniently located quick access safes on every floor of the house (two in the master bedroom). I also carry one.

I own several other Glocks that I use and/or have used for various things (IDPA, general range toys, etc.), but I've also started shooting a G19 in my local IDPA matches (CCP division). So, I own a bunch of G19s, I use them for all sorts of things and they do it all well for me. If I could only own one gun, it would be a G19. If I could only own two guns, they would both be G19s.
Link Posted: 8/12/2015 12:18:50 PM EDT
[#42]
If I could have only one, it would be my Colt Series 70 Repro. The rumor is that the S70 repros get more one-on-one time in the custom shop than the M1991 and XSE lines, and from my experiences with it, it shows.

I paid roughly the same for the S70 as I did for my XSE, and I enjoy everything about it more EXCEPT FOR THOSE TINY SIGHTS!
Link Posted: 8/12/2015 8:51:36 PM EDT
[#43]
Not yet.
If my CZ P-01 was a safety model like my SP-01 It could be the one .
I've tried the G19 twice it's just so damn uncomfortable in the hand and I dislike that grip angle.
My STI Guardian would be my choice if I was forced today
Link Posted: 8/12/2015 9:16:44 PM EDT
[#44]
I already got mine. Mostly.

Cheap, accurate, and it runs like a sewing machine.

Only thing I'd really consider replacing it with would be an original Colt Mk.4 S70 in 9mm.
Link Posted: 8/12/2015 9:23:01 PM EDT
[#45]
If i had to choose from my current collection it would be my Glock 23 or P228.  

Later on down the road it will be a Glock 17 or 19.
Link Posted: 8/12/2015 9:31:57 PM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:
I already got mine. Mostly.

<a href="http://s790.photobucket.com/user/DeadpanSnarker/media/IMAG0072.jpg.html" target="_blank">http://i790.photobucket.com/albums/yy181/DeadpanSnarker/IMAG0072.jpg</a>

Cheap, accurate, and it runs like a sewing machine.

Only thing I'd really consider replacing it with would be an original Colt Mk.4 S70 in 9mm.
View Quote

huh, you like those grips?  I hear most people send 'em straight to the trash can.  Also, have you considered a beavertail or extended safety?  Or do you prefer the GI look?
Link Posted: 8/12/2015 10:50:33 PM EDT
[#47]
For me, my choice would be, and is, the Glock 19. I have three of them: a carry gun with NS and an InForce APL, a dedicated suppressor host w/ APL, and a dedicated AA .22 kit host with threaded barrel for a suppressor.

But, I also own the 4" S&W 686 which my Dad carried for his first 10 years or so of working as a deputy sheriff. Given it's family history, I'll never part with it.

So, while my preferred choice is the Glock 19-and were I not in possession of my dad's old duty gun, I'd choose it every time-were I forced to choose to keep just one handgun from my collection, I would learn to make do with the 686.
Link Posted: 8/13/2015 3:23:29 AM EDT
[#48]
My P7 takes that spot.  Not the lightest or highest capacity but very easy to shoot.  
Link Posted: 8/13/2015 8:24:26 AM EDT
[#49]
Meaning the last one I'd keep?, My Sig M11A1. I shoot it better then any other. Will last forever.
Link Posted: 8/13/2015 6:18:28 PM EDT
[#50]
It took me a couple of years to figure out that I like 9mm striker fired best.  M&Ps and PPQs ruled my collection before I finally gave into a G19.  So it's easy to nominate my one handgun since I only have one.  Well, technically two, but they are identical.  

Gen3 G19
-Trijicon HD
-Vicker's Mag Release
-Custom MDFI Backplate
-ATEi Slide Milling
-My own grip work

Page / 3
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top