Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 3
Link Posted: 7/28/2015 12:05:46 PM EDT
[#1]
.40 ammo will be around for sale as long as anyone on this board is still alive or its still legal to sell ammo.

That said, its definitely less popular than it used to be.   Consignment counter at my LGS is at least half .40s.

Two things, its definitely harder to shoot well in light polymer frame pistols.   Federal magazine gun ban disappearing reintroduced the capacity advantage of 9mm.

However based on population, many people still live in ban states.  And it may be hard to believe, but people in California do buy plenty of guns.

As for myself, I was a trendsetter and bailed on .40 when people were still laughing at those that did.  Best ,40 handgun I had was a CZ40B, very controllable once you added some extra weight.   However, Glocks are hard enough to shoot very well and .40 just made it worse.
Link Posted: 7/28/2015 1:19:56 PM EDT
[#2]
No. If .32 S&W Long and .44-40 aren't dead, I doubt .40 S&W will die anytime soon.
Link Posted: 7/28/2015 4:31:45 PM EDT
[#3]
"Dying off" is a strong term. I have 3 pistols and a pistol caliber carbine in 40. I like the round, even though different loads from the big 3 calibers pretty much all do the same thing. I picked up a Police Trade Glock 22 from AIM a few months ago pretty cheap. Shoots well and feeds what I load.

As far as not working well with 1911s, there are a few competition shooters who might disagree that. One of my pistols is an STI Edge in 40 (avatar) and the only time I ever had a jam was either VERY dirty gun or VERY cold temps.

I don't think it's dying out so much as a change in caliber is being done due to better 9mm ammo.

ETA: Everyone go ahead and keep dumping the 40s. I can't wait to see a $350 Glock 35 or a $200 Glock 22 or M&P 40.
Link Posted: 7/28/2015 5:26:04 PM EDT
[#4]
Huh?  What's .40S&W?  Never heard of it
Link Posted: 7/28/2015 6:41:19 PM EDT
[#5]
It was always on the shelf to buy.
Link Posted: 7/29/2015 3:30:15 AM EDT
[#6]
IBTP.  YES.  

9mm ~ .45acp ~ 10mm.  pick one

Link Posted: 7/29/2015 4:28:30 AM EDT
[#7]
Contrary to the Internet, there are still plenty of LE agency's that are staying with .40 and many civilian shooters also. It is not going anywhere, but out the barrel of one of my many .40 handguns.
I find it amusing that people 'hate' .40 or any other cartridge. What a bunch of flakes, the more options the better in my book. I'll take a 180 gran bullet going 1000 ft per second or a 165 at 1150-1200. It's an accurate flat shooting round, what's not to like.
But I also like my many .45's great round, even like all my 9mm. Because let's be honest some times we all squat while we pee, some just do it all of the time.
Link Posted: 7/29/2015 4:42:37 AM EDT
[#8]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Contrary to the Internet, there are still plenty of LE agency's that are staying with .40 and many civilian shooters also. It is not going anywhere, but out the barrel of one of my many .40 handguns.
I find it amusing that people 'hate' .40 or any other cartridge. What a bunch of flakes, the more options the better in my book. I'll take a 180 gran bullet going 1000 ft per second or a 165 at 1150-1200. It's an accurate flat shooting round, what's not to like.
But I also like my many .45's great round, even like all my 9mm. Because let's be honest some times we all squat while we pee, some just do it all of the time.
View Quote

I often carry a 10mm, so all three of your calibers are squat to pee calibers as far as I'm concerned.
Link Posted: 7/29/2015 7:32:49 AM EDT
[#9]
I hate .40 S&W because:

It is "short and weak" so it has too much recoil.

Because 16 rounds of 180 or 165 grain HST in the gun is not enough.

It's a "too high pressure cartridge"because it operates at the same pressure as 9mm and with lower pressure than 9mm +P.

It destroys the frames of 9mm pistols that have been adapted to .40 S&W although these days, pistols that have been designed around the cartridge are most common.

Although .40 S&W offers absolutely no benefit over 9mm; it offers better penetration, with less deflection through most barriers Including automobile glass.

165 and 180 grain bullets don't offer any benefit over 9mm in crushing bone because 9mm bullets aren't sunbject to the law of momentum.

When law enforcement was adopting .40 S&W, "who cares what round they're adopting because it's all political, and besides, they don't know what they're doing anyway".......... But when agencies adopt 9mm, theyre not doing it due to trying to circumvent, personel problems or training deficits, or for financial reasons......it's because it's a clearly better round.

Police agencies never adopt cartridges or firearms based on the needs of "Officer or Agent Betty Tinyhands" or "Sally Weakwrists" who simply can't qualify with .40 S&W.

But most of all; I hate .40 S&W because of all the hackneyed clichés people keep circulating on the Internet message boards.
Link Posted: 7/29/2015 10:37:40 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
Although .40 S&W offers absolutely no benefit over 9mm; it offers better penetration, with less deflection through most barriers Including automobile glass.

165 and 180 grain bullets don't offer any benefit over 9mm in crushing bone because 9mm bullets aren't sunbject to the law of momentum.
View Quote

Those are my personal favorites.  You know cause 115gr 'modern bullets' are just as effective as 180 grain, I'm assuming, non-modern bullets.

Look it up bro, the .gov shot some gelatin and it proves that the 9mm is just as effective now days as any other handgun round evar.

Or......  It is one test based on shooting naked people.
Link Posted: 7/29/2015 10:48:53 AM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

Those are my personal favorites.  You know cause 115gr 'modern billets' are just as effective as 180 grain, I'm assuming, non-modern bullets.

Look it up bro, the .gov shot some gelatin and it proves that the 9mm is just as effective now days as any other handgun round evar.

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Those are my personal favorites.  You know cause 115gr 'modern billets' are just as effective as 180 grain, I'm assuming, non-modern bullets.

Homogenous naked people without any thick bone.

You know......jello people.

Besides, why would anyone other than a member of law enforcement ever need to shoot through automobile glass?

Gelatin testing is important because the consistency of the material is such that it can provide scientifically repeatable results when comparing one round against another.

But due to its homogeneous nature,  and beautiful looking petals aside; gelatin isn't a perfect analog for real world performance through  different sorts of clothing, muscle, bone, barriers, or the crap people carry in their pockets.

Or different body types for that matter.

The best looking petals are obtained by shooting into water, bur bullets recovered after shooting perps or game never look nearly as good; nor do they follow as straight a path through the medium.
Link Posted: 7/29/2015 6:31:59 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
But most of all; I hate .40 S&W because of all the hackneyed clichés people keep circulating on the Internet message boards.
View Quote

If I were to guess, I'd bet at least half of the cliche spewers have never even owned a 40. Most have just shot their uncles 40 or something and "OMGzzzz!!!111!!..... the harsh recoil!!"  

Hating on the 40 is one of arfcom's favorite weekly events.

I really have to laugh at the "too much recoil / too snappy" mantra. I'm as chairborne commando as they come and I would never describe 40 as too much recoil or "snappy". It's just feels like recoil shooting a cartridge with ~400ft lbs of energy, vs a 9 of ~360ft lbs, a 10% difference recoil difference maybe.

When we start getting into the magnum pistol cartridges then I can understand recoil complaints.  44Mag running about ~850ft lbs is about my personal comfort limit, and 44 Mag is pretty anemic compared to some of the 454/500 magnum cartridges of today.

Link Posted: 7/29/2015 7:30:11 PM EDT
[#13]
Maybe it would be a good thing for .40 to die.  Supply and demand...that would leave more components, machinery, and labor to produce 9mm at lower cost.  
Link Posted: 7/29/2015 9:50:07 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
I hate .40 S&W because:

It is "short and weak" so it has too much recoil.

Because 16 rounds of 180 or 165 grain HST in the gun is not enough.

It's a "too high pressure cartridge"because it operates at the same pressure as 9mm and with lower pressure than 9mm +P.

It destroys the frames of 9mm pistols that have been adapted to .40 S&W although these days, pistols that have been designed around the cartridge are most common.

When law enforcement was adopting .40 S&W, "who cares what round they're adopting because it's all political, and besides, they don't know what they're doing anyway".......... But when agencies adopt 9mm, theyre not doing it due to trying to circumvent, personel problems or training deficits, or for financial reasons......it's because it's a clearly better round.

Police agencies never adopt cartridges or firearms based on the needs of "Officer or Agent Betty Tinyhands" or "Sally Weakwrists" who simply can't qualify with .40 S&W.

View Quote

One of my favorite posts of all time AmericaFirst! All of these repeated cliches are exactly the same old shit we keep hearing weekly here and another certain site. I agree with you AF 100%. The .40 caliber is a fine round and I love that it's almost always in stock online, or at Wally World. The M&P & Shield platforms have really made the .40 an enjoyable round that recoils to me: exactly like that of a Beretta 92 with Nato ball ammo. The .40S&W round will always have a place on my side, in my back pack, and in my safe(s) at home... I don't think the round will ever become extinct...
Link Posted: 7/29/2015 11:02:55 PM EDT
[#15]
I won't dip into the standard Ford vs Chevy argument that this thread has devolved to (I favor Hyundai and Toyota myself).

The .40 was a rockstar in the 90s not because the cops were using it but because it was a great compromise for folks who were handicaped by the Clinton AWB that restricted their mag capacity to 10. If you could only have a 10 round mag it made a lot more sense to have 10 rounds of .40 than 10 rounds of 9mm. This was also what kept the 1911 so popular.

With mag capacities back to normal in the free states the decision between the big three is much more competitive (wouldn't turn my nose up at any of them but I do favor the 9 and 45).

The civilian world takes its cues from MIL/LE but MIL/LE takes its cues from the civilian (competitive) world too. It's a symbiotic relationship that sadly many other nations have lost (which is why their arms development and tactics are so pitifully behind)
Link Posted: 7/30/2015 1:48:24 PM EDT
[#16]
IMHO the only reason to shoot 9mm is more bullets in the magazine. What's new with bullet technology for a 9mm is also in the .40 cal to make it more effective as well. Snappy recoil and slower split times for girly men with the grip strength of a girl can be overcome with training.  

NAD
Link Posted: 7/30/2015 3:47:08 PM EDT
[#17]
I don't know about LE use but at my gun club that has about 200 members I rarely see any 40S&W's anymore .
Link Posted: 7/30/2015 4:05:32 PM EDT
[#18]
if you could only have one pistol or one caliber I'd take 40 over 9mm & 357 mag over both.  

40 is not going anywhere the same tech that made modern  9mm such a "great caliber" will give 40 & 45 bullets even more performance if 40 was a fad then the current super 9mm is too.  

the only hand gun calibers that are never dieing off are 45 colt, 45acp, 9mm luger, and 38spc/ 357 magnum.
Link Posted: 7/30/2015 4:17:38 PM EDT
[#19]
3 pages of this...... I do not know why this blew up but come on it is 40SW....... how many 40s would anyone estimate or even venture to guess exist easily in the millions.  Until 45GAP and 357Sig die 40SW is here to stay.  Yeah the cartridge will fade some in popularity but lets be honest Walmart is not going to magically say tomorrow no more 40SW.
Link Posted: 7/30/2015 5:06:47 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
.40 should never have been born.   Doesn't do a thing that 9mm and .45 won't do just as well.  

Vs. .45:    Much higher pressure, stresses guns, doesn't play well with 1911s.

Vs. 9mm.   Ammo costs more, lower capacity, higher recoil,  stresses frames designed for 9mm.  

If it disappears, nobody will miss it.

View Quote

Perfect Post ^^^
Link Posted: 7/30/2015 7:47:13 PM EDT
[#21]
Today I shot a Glock  21, glock 26, and my Sig P224 that was built for .40. I liked how the Sig fit my hand better, and shot it very well. I also shot the 26 very well. The G21 started out fine, but after about 40 rounds, I began to tire of it. This doesn't happen with my Sig P220, or my 2 1911's. I think I am going to use my coupon for the G26, B/C I already have a 17 & 19 & those mags will fit the 26. I am 61 years old with a bad heart, this helps wear me down a lot. I think I shot the G26 really, really well.

Thanks for all the input,

Mark

PS: I am keeping my P224 in my carry rotation as I really like the gun.
Link Posted: 7/30/2015 9:52:43 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:

Perfect Post ^^^
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
.40 should never have been born.   Doesn't do a thing that 9mm and .45 won't do just as well.  

Vs. .45:    Much higher pressure, stresses guns, doesn't play well with 1911s.

Vs. 9mm.   Ammo costs more, lower capacity, higher recoil,  stresses frames designed for 9mm.  

If it disappears, nobody will miss it.

Perfect Post ^^^

How so?
Link Posted: 7/30/2015 9:58:04 PM EDT
[#23]
.40 is panic proof
Link Posted: 7/31/2015 10:29:04 AM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:

If I were to guess, I'd bet at least half of the cliche spewers have never even owned a 40. Most have just shot their uncles 40 or something and "OMGzzzz!!!111!!..... the harsh recoil!!"  

I really have to laugh at the "too much recoil / too snappy" mantra. I'm as chairborne commando as they come and I would never describe 40 as too much recoil or "snappy". It's just feels like recoil shooting a cartridge with ~400ft lbs of energy, vs a 9 of ~360ft lbs, a 10% difference recoil difference maybe.

When we start getting into the magnum pistol cartridges then I can understand recoil complaints.  44Mag running about ~850ft lbs is about my personal comfort limit, and 44 Mag is pretty anemic compared to some of the 454/500 magnum cartridges of today.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I strongly disagree. I have been shooting pistols since the late ;80s, have had my CCW since the early '90s and got into Glocks around the same time. My first CCW pistol was a Gen2 G23 in about 1993. Fired many thousands of rounds. Eventually got a G22 and 27 and a S&W 4006 as well. Shot many cases of ammo thru them all until about 2000 when I fired my friend's G19 at the range. My groups were half of the size of the G23 I had been shooting regularly for 7 YEARS and the recoil impulse was MUCH better. Soon after I bought my own G19 and have been carrying it almost every day since then. All my .40s are gone, traded away for other Glocks.

I can shoot my G30 with Georgia Arms 185 grain +P better than any of my .40 Glocks. I can shoot my 10mm G20 with real 10mm loads better than any .40. There is something about the .40s recoil impulse that just SUCKS. Accuracy is mediocre as well.
Link Posted: 7/31/2015 12:26:56 PM EDT
[#25]
The 40 is here to stay. It does today exactly what it did from the start, give big bore diameter with high mag capacity in a 9 mm sized format. The reason 9 mm is making a comeback is because agencies are hiring lower quality recruits that can't qualify with anything larger. Nothing more.
Link Posted: 7/31/2015 2:51:17 PM EDT
[#26]
Obviously here to stay because of the prevalence of .40 pistols.  There is also a super slim... probably impossible... chance that the military will use the .40 S&W.  I say there is a chance because they are looking for a more effective round than 124gr FMJ.  If they can't use hollow point  they might go back to .45 or if they want the capacity is where I think they could go with something like 185gr .40S&W.  I don't think it will happen but its an interesting thought.  

It is true that in my area pistols in .40 are going for cheaper than equivalent 9mm or .45.  I think if you don't own a .40 you should jump on the used M&Ps, Glocks, etc hitting the market for super cheap just to own one.  Its a fact that .40S&W was the most common caliber during the panic buying.  

Also, another stupid thought I have is that if you don't shoot .40 at all you should consider occasionally shooting it.  Its like putting a weight on the baseball bat to practice swing.  If you can master a .40 I think .45 and even more so 9mm become that much easier to shoot.

Edit:
I hate when people say something isn't debatable and I just did that.
Link Posted: 8/2/2015 4:37:55 AM EDT
[#27]
The .40 is definitely not going away but shoot a G23 and see if you like it first. I love mine but since I got a G30S, I don't shoot or carry it as much. Sure it has some snap to it but not anything like people exaggerate. The improvements made to SD 9mm rounds have also been done with .40 and .45 SD rounds too.

I would not hesitate to buy a G23 if I didn't already have one. I love shooting mine, even for long periods. Mine shoots the best with 180 gr rounds. I did try a box of American Eagle 155 gr FMJs in it and it did have notably more "snap" than the 180 grainers. That surprised me.
Link Posted: 8/3/2015 9:21:49 PM EDT
[#28]
I entered the world of Glock w/ a 23 because I wanted to be able to convert to 9mm and now have that option, after
shooting the .40 however; I don't find it  "snappy"  and uncomfortable to shoot. even in the G27 that was a police trade in. I have a full conversion for that too, it's nice to have options.
Link Posted: 8/4/2015 12:37:12 AM EDT
[#29]
I don't think it'll lose popularity just because of the sheer amount of guns in circulation, but I think it will die off as an adopted service pistol caliber.

Cheap police trade-ins will ensure a healthy demand for the ammo for a very long time.
Link Posted: 8/4/2015 9:17:05 AM EDT
[#30]
Cheap police trade-ins will ensure a healthy demand for the ammo for a very long time.
View Quote

Although I don't think everyone is just going to universally switch to .40 there are going to be more and more quality trade-ins hitting the market.  There are unissued Glocks and M&Ps for sale right now.  

Off topic, but what I am really looking forward to are the M9s coming back.  They are probably going to be beat to shit but I would imagine the price reflects that.  

The next couple years are going to be great for those of us that buy used pistols.
Link Posted: 8/4/2015 1:08:27 PM EDT
[#31]

Quoted:

Obviously here to stay because of the prevalence of .40 pistols.  There is also a super slim... probably impossible... chance that the military will use the .40 S&W.  I say there is a chance because they are looking for a more effective round than 124gr FMJ.  If they can't use hollow point  they might go back to .45 or if they want the capacity is where I think they could go with something like 185gr .40S&W.  I don't think it will happen but its an interesting thought.  

It is true that in my area pistols in .40 are going for cheaper than equivalent 9mm or .45.  I think if you don't own a .40 you should jump on the used M&Ps, Glocks, etc hitting the market for super cheap just to own one.  Its a fact that .40S&W was the most common caliber during the panic buying.  

Also, another stupid thought I have is that if you don't shoot .40 at all you should consider occasionally shooting it.  Its like putting a weight on the baseball bat to practice swing.  If you can master a .40 I think .45 and even more so 9mm become that much easier to shoot.

Edit:

View Quote
Military is already using .40 S&W.

US Army Delta went with Glock 22s and even had Glock make custom 22rd Desert Brown mags for them.

USCG issues the Sig Sauer P229 DAK in .40 S&W as the standard issue pistol.
Link Posted: 8/4/2015 5:49:22 PM EDT
[#32]

US Army Delta went with Glock 22s and even had Glock make custom 22rd Desert Brown mags for them.

View Quote

I don't know if what you said is true, but if it is you better send them a link to the FBI test and smarten them up.  They have no idea.
Link Posted: 8/5/2015 1:17:39 AM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:
Military is already using .40 S&W. In very limited applications.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Edit:

Military is already using .40 S&W. In very limited applications.

Fixed that for you.
Link Posted: 8/5/2015 1:21:02 AM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:  

View Quote

I haven't seen a 22, but I know they made 15s, I've handled them.
Link Posted: 8/5/2015 2:06:58 AM EDT
[#35]
This thread comes up 4-5 times a year.

.40 is just as popular as it ever has been. If you don't like it, don't buy one.

I've always been told "but a 9mm because it will always be available."

During the last panic, the only handgun caliber consistently on the shelves was .40 S&W.
Link Posted: 8/15/2015 2:22:56 AM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:
This thread comes up 4-5 times a year.

.40 is just as popular as it ever has been. If you don't like it, don't buy one.

I've always been told "but a 9mm because it will always be available."

During the last panic, the only handgun caliber consistently on the shelves was .40 S&W.
View Quote

About the only disagreement I have with this is the amount of threads on this topic.
Comes up atleast once a month.
Link Posted: 8/15/2015 8:48:13 AM EDT
[#37]
Earlier this year I had three .40 caliber handguns, a Shield, G23 and G22. I only had one 9, a Beretta.  Because of all the internet posts, I thought it best to even up my collection of 9s and 40s.  I traded my 14 year old G22, which only had around 3000 rounds through it and no holster wear for a new G19.  I like the G19 and am glad I have it, but I do miss my G22.
Link Posted: 8/15/2015 8:50:18 AM EDT
[#38]
The 40 S&W is declining in LE use as departments are going back to 9mm. The cycle of switching back to 40S&W or 357SIG will begin again after LE casualties that could have been prevented by having projectiles that can clear intermediate barriers.
Link Posted: 8/15/2015 12:10:31 PM EDT
[#39]

Quoted:
I don't know if what you said is true, but if it is you better send them a link to the FBI test and smarten them up.  They have no idea.
View All Quotes
Quoted:

US Army Special Operations Command's Capabilities Exercise. 04-24-2012
US Army Special Forces (1st SFOD-D) with .40S&W Glock 22.

Link Posted: 8/15/2015 7:30:00 PM EDT
[#40]
USPc in .40 was and always has been "the" gun for me.  Only .40 I own.  Rest are 9 and 45.  
Link Posted: 8/15/2015 7:34:00 PM EDT
[#41]
Link Posted: 8/16/2015 8:19:13 AM EDT
[#42]
I remember looking through gun cases for neglected 9mm pistols when it seemed everyone else was wanting guns in .40 S&W.

Now that seemingly everyone is dumping their .40 caliber guns, .40 is now what I look for in gun shops.

I like to swim against the current.
Link Posted: 8/16/2015 11:19:59 AM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:
I've seen a lot of used .40S&W pistols available at the gun shops in the last year or so.
This caliber ammo, was one of the few, that I saw consistently available on big chain stores' shelves, throughout 2013, when everything else, was in short supply.
View Quote

These observations are the reasons why I own .40 pistols.

I had no interest in the cartridge before 2013. In 2013, I was able to buy .40 off the shelf and leave my 9mm stock alone.

I think this trend is only getting better. I occasionally get chances to buy .40 ammo from other people, and I don't have to compete to get it because the other people in my circle are 9mm & .45 guys.
Link Posted: 8/16/2015 11:40:09 AM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:

Bottom line, the 40 is a very proven cartridge, and lots of guns have been made for it.

Hell, when was the last time anybody produced a 303 British chambered gun?  Yet... you can still buy current production ammo for it.

And other than a Dragunov here and there that gets imported....when was the last time a gun was made in 7.62x54r in serious numbers? Yet you can still buy current production 7.62x54r all over the place.

View Quote

Dragunovs have been banned from importation for a very long time. But there were ~37M Mosin Nagants produced, many of which are now in the US, and we do get some VEPRs.

The story changes when you look at 7.62x54r globally. It's still the primary medium MG cartridge and DMR/Sniper cartridge in many places around the world. In contrast, I think .40 is mostly limited to US use.

Not that I disagree with your overall point. There are so many .40 pistols in circulation that the cartridge will always have some industry support.
Link Posted: 8/16/2015 1:27:35 PM EDT
[#45]

Quoted:
Dragunovs have been banned from importation for a very long time. But there were ~37M Mosin Nagants produced, many of which are now in the US, and we do get some VEPRs.

The story changes when you look at 7.62x54r globally. It's still the primary medium MG cartridge and DMR/Sniper cartridge in many places around the world. In contrast, I think .40 is mostly limited to US use.

Not that I disagree with your overall point. There are so many .40 pistols in circulation that the cartridge will always have some industry support.
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Bottom line, the 40 is a very proven cartridge, and lots of guns have been made for it.

Hell, when was the last time anybody produced a 303 British chambered gun?  Yet... you can still buy current production ammo for it.

And other than a Dragunov here and there that gets imported....when was the last time a gun was made in 7.62x54r in serious numbers? Yet you can still buy current production 7.62x54r all over the place.

LOL....

Most of the Australian LE just adopted .40 S&W. Many Canadian Agencies also just switched to .40 S&W.

Link Posted: 8/16/2015 2:46:58 PM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:
LOL....  

Most of the Australian LE just adopted .40 S&W. Many Canadian Agencies also just switched to .40 S&W.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

LOL....  

Details? Source? I'm curious.
Link Posted: 8/16/2015 2:51:25 PM EDT
[#47]
I feel so Tier 1.

Link Posted: 8/17/2015 5:44:53 AM EDT
[#48]

Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

LOL....  

Smith & Wesson to Equip South Australia Police Force

New pistol chosen for Victoria Police

Toronto Police Service

Australia's Police services - firearms, training and philosophy

Link Posted: 8/17/2015 12:28:49 PM EDT
[#49]
I think for me personally, .40 is the perfect CCW/defense round but it is not enjoyable to shoot often.  It's just too snappy for my limp wrists, and I do prefer 9mm for plinking at the range.
Link Posted: 8/17/2015 5:34:47 PM EDT
[#50]
I know of at least one, large FLEA that is *probably* dropping the .40.

I just dont really see any value to the cartridge.

Decreased life of parts, increased recoil, decreased capacity, slower follow up shots, all for an ever shrinking, extremely modest increase in terminal ballistics.

I'll take a 9mm, thank you.
Page / 3
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top