Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 6/30/2015 10:39:14 PM EDT
I um just bought a new COLT Rail Gun this year but I've not really fallen in love with it. Was going to get the HK45CT but bought this instead. I'd been waiting on a stamp for a can which at the time I did not have yet but now I do.

I have other COLT's and I think I just like them more. I think a lot of it is that I've already got them setup the way I want and this Rail Gun is a blank canvas still. When I think of 1911's, I think of things I can tinker and tweet.

Anyway like I said, I just got a Ti-Rant 45S and I currently don't have a .45ACP with a threaded barrel. I was thinking of threading one of my 1911's but as it's not drop-in, I just haven't dropped the ball on it yet.

I was all set to go ahead on the HK45CT, had the HK45C so I know what to expect but then I saw the FN FNX Tactical in TAN coloring. Saw one with a can and an RMR, was sweet.

Now I can't make up my mind. Mags for the FN are much much much much cheaper so that is a plus but the 45CT is much more concealable too. The FNX Tactical is a freaking boat anchor. That said have several other concealable pistols so it doesn't NEED to be concealable I guess.

Link Posted: 6/30/2015 10:49:52 PM EDT
[#1]
The fnx tactical holds way more rounds. The hk has a much better grip (for my hands). I've shot both I would take the hk but thats because i shoot hk's better then the fnx tactical.

the hk is a compact and the fn is full size... A lot of people mention the rmr on their fn tact is kinda worthless. I have no experience but it just what i've heard a few times... Perhaps it just takes training to get the advantage with the rmr on a pistol (with co witness sights)

I like Hk's personally but your mileage may vary.

Link Posted: 6/30/2015 10:59:52 PM EDT
[#2]
Big fan of h&k. I own a mark 23 and oh boi does that thing shoot
Link Posted: 7/1/2015 12:59:37 AM EDT
[#3]
I found the FNX top heavy and the grip texture was a bit off-putting for me.  Trigger was good and I never had any accuracy or reliability complaints.   Obviously the FNX has a big advantage if a RMR is something you're contemplating.    I sold mine when I realized I didn't want a can or a RMR, and there isn't a whole lot else it's good for, IMO.   I have other pistols for nightstand duty.

I think the HK is a better design and construction, but for what 99% of us use them for, either one would serve well enough.  The CT felt better balanced to me and is actually sized to make it more versatile.
Link Posted: 7/1/2015 4:03:17 AM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:

Anyway like I said, I just got a Ti-Tant 45S and I currently don't have a .45ACP with a threaded barrel. I was thinking of threading one of my 1911's but as it's not drop-in, I just haven't dropped the ball on it yet.

View Quote

You have a compact suppressor, I'd go with the compact gun. You'd have yourself a little MK24 clone.
Link Posted: 7/1/2015 12:13:10 PM EDT
[#5]
Having shot both- I think I would favor the FN over the HK. You can still run it stock or have the option of a can and sight. The FNX just gives more for your money when you start getting into 1,000 dollar handguns.
Link Posted: 7/3/2015 11:39:21 PM EDT
[#6]

Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
You have a compact suppressor, I'd go with the compact gun. You'd have yourself a little MK24 clone.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:
Anyway like I said, I just got a Ti-Tant 45S and I currently don't have a .45ACP with a threaded barrel. I was thinking of threading one of my 1911's but as it's not drop-in, I just haven't dropped the ball on it yet.

That was why I bought the Ti-Rant 45S, I was going for the MK24 kit but god damn that FNX Tactical is sexy looking and as I never intended to carry this gun, I figured the 15+1 rounds would be awesome for a deep wood hiking gun in a platform holster.

Plus I found one for $900.00 as where the cheapest I can get the HK45CT for is $1200.00.

I think I may just go with the HK though. Looks like FN releases a new pistol every couple years, I want something that is going to get support 20 years later like the HK USP 45 is.

Link Posted: 7/4/2015 10:44:55 AM EDT
[#7]
The FNXT and the P before it are both extremely sexy looking guns.  I've owned both and sold both because they feel incredibly cheap when it comes to the polymer frames and I had issues with mags getting hung up during insertion.  I'd try to play with one for awhile before buying if I were you.  I replaced them with a HK45T and CT, both are awesome guns.
Link Posted: 7/4/2015 5:15:42 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
The FNXT and the P before it are both extremely sexy looking guns.  I've owned both and sold both because they feel incredibly cheap when it comes to the polymer frames and I had issues with mags getting hung up during insertion.  I'd try to play with one for awhile before buying if I were you.  I replaced them with a HK45T and CT, both are awesome guns.
View Quote

All of this.

Had an FNX-45 Tactical with all the trimmings, and it just felt cheap for what it costs.

I got an HK45 Compact Tactical and an HK45 Tactical, and haven't looked back.

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top