Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 6/28/2015 9:11:26 PM EDT
I'm very interested in picking one of these up. A few questions:

Where can you buy mags and how much?
Does anyone carry this pistol? Is the decocker that big of a deal?
How does the trigger compare to say a Glock trigger?

Thanks, any other feedback is welcome.
Link Posted: 6/29/2015 8:55:36 AM EDT
[#1]
there is a huge thread on these in the "OTHER" section down below
Link Posted: 6/30/2015 2:34:57 PM EDT
[#2]

Don't own one, but fired a couple belonging to friend's and they're a nice pistol for the money.

Aim Surplus carries the magazines, but they're sold out right now.

The V2 version of the TP9SA is out now. It has a DA/SA trigger, so it won't go dead when you hit the decocker (which seemed to be a big complaint with the SA).

Otherwise, it shares the same frame, mags, and other improvements the SA made over the original TP9.

Aim also has the V2 in stock.

Link Posted: 6/30/2015 8:28:46 PM EDT
[#3]
I ordered mags form Aim Surplus for $23 each a few months ago.  I have seen mags from sale on the Century site for $25.  The trigger is smoother and lighter than a Glock 5.5 connector stock trigger.  I would rate it up there with the VP9 but not as light as a PPQ if you have fired those.  David
Link Posted: 6/30/2015 10:55:10 PM EDT
[#4]
The decocker is a kill switch. So yeah it a big deal. Wait for SF model which is a pure strike fire without the decocker. For around $25 a Grand Power is a much better handgun.
http://www.slickguns.com/product/century-international-k100-mk7-9mm-15rd-425in-stainless-35965-shipped
There a large number of better handguns around the same price range of TPSA. I bought a two tone Sig 2022 last year for around $340 new. That's include a rebate of 3 extra magazine and a pistol bag.

Link Posted: 7/1/2015 12:52:21 AM EDT
[#5]
I got to shoot one a buddy owned when I was thinking about buying it from him.   I had a few gripes that may not be a problem for everyone.

First, my trigger finger rubbed the bottom of the trigger guard enough to make it annoying.  This happens with some designs more than others and is probably due to the size of my hands more than anything.   But if I can't adjust my grip to work around it, I won't shoot the gun very often if at all.

Second, the magazine release required an extreme amount of force before the mag would drop.  This was probably a one-off problem since others I've handled have been normal.

Third, I found the slide catch to be nearly impossible to push up in order to manually engage the slide.  There isn't enough grip on the shallowly stamped waffle patterned sheet metal to allow it very easily.

I also wonder how expensive and available spare mags are.   It came with its own holster so at least that's one thing you don't have to worry about right away.

The good news was that it was fairly accurate and 100% reliable throughout the few mags I put downrange.

In summary: if you can live with the ergonomics and controls, and don't mind the possibility of scarce magazines, I'd say go for it.
Link Posted: 7/2/2015 8:36:23 AM EDT
[#6]
I bought a TP-SA a few months ago and I really like it.  So far I've fired 250 rounds through it without any issue.  The trigger is excellent, almost as nice as my VP-9 and much better than my G19.  I've seen the magazines for sale on several websites, so they seem to be available if you want extras.  I've never quite understood the uproar over the decocker, it isn't something that you can accidentally activate, at least in my experience handling the pistol.  I don't carry mine, but wouldn't hesitate to use as a nightstand or "truck" pistol.

Overall, a great pistol for the $325 I paid and I've seen them for sale as low at $290.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top