Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 6/22/2015 6:51:06 PM EDT
Project for you guys what are the measurements of your hand in relation to your favorite pistol not necessaierly your favorite to shoot but your favorite fit and feel.  It can be more than 1 pistol.  Also list your least favorite feeling pistols.

Measure you hands by measuring from you carpal tunnel where it meets your hand to the tip of your middle finger.  Second measurement tip or pinky to tip of thumb at there maximum distance away spreading your fingers as far as possible.

My hand is 8 3/4" x 9 7/8". 22cm x 25cm
My favorite feeling pistol is Glock, Luger, P7
Least favorite feeling pistol SA XD/XDm HK p2000

Post your results I am interested to see if a patter develops.
Link Posted: 6/22/2015 11:10:17 PM EDT
[#1]
No one has a ruler?
Link Posted: 6/23/2015 12:15:44 AM EDT
[#2]
I don't have measurements for you, but I have tiny little baby hands. I like how 1911s feel. I hate how Glocks feel. My favorite gun is my Glock. I'll never bother to own a 1911. Feel means nothing to me.

Eta: I hate how HKs feel too.
Link Posted: 7/4/2015 7:34:40 AM EDT
[#3]
i wear a medium glove and my favorite feeling pistol is a full size desert eagle or a sig p239.

least favorite would have been a g21sf or anything XD.
Link Posted: 7/4/2015 9:06:55 AM EDT
[#4]
Ok, I'll play.

7 3/16 x 8 1/4

Favorites: CZ 75 family, Walther P99, Walther P1 and P5, 1911, Sig 229 w E2 Grip

Least favorite:  Glocks, XDs, Old school Ruger semi autos.
Link Posted: 7/4/2015 9:09:41 AM EDT
[#5]
8"x9" A large mechanix is a perfect tight fit, a XL is a fast but slightly loose fit.

Best fit/feel Walther P99. XD45 is not terrible.

Don't care much for G17 it's the finger grooves, or 1911, but I shoot them the most.
Link Posted: 7/4/2015 11:28:52 AM EDT
[#6]
8"x9.75"

I have Glocks, K-frames, 3rd Gen S&W's and a VP9.

The VP9 feels the best right now. My Model 10 snub with square butt and factory grips is the least comfortable.

I carry and shoot my Glocks the most.
Link Posted: 7/4/2015 1:21:31 PM EDT
[#7]
8.5 x  9.75

Favorite grip: M&P, 2011

Least favorite: Glock 19, 17,  HK P30,
Link Posted: 7/5/2015 12:42:20 PM EDT
[#8]
7.5x8.25

1911s and CZs feel best to me, I don't own a CZ. Just got a new G19 and it feels fine, P226 and M9 are a little big for a really solid grip.
Link Posted: 7/5/2015 3:22:44 PM EDT
[#9]
7.5" x 8.5" for the measurements.

Favorite pistols are:
GLOCKs, models 19s and 20s specifically. I like the 2nd gen frames.
CZ 75 w/ VZ grips (full size & compact)
Hi Powers w/ thin grips (no rubber finger groove)
1911s with normal wide grips (no thin grips)
1911 double stack (STI or Para or Caspian pattern), preferred over single stack.

When I was a kid reading magazines and Gun Digest books about handguns I was very much in the anti-polymer pistol; I thought the S&W 5900/6900 were the height of pistol development.

Living in NYS at that time, the handgun restrictions made it difficult to try a lot of variety.

For a long time all my experience limited to my dad's three pistols; an E.German Makarov, S&W59, and AutoOrd 1911; and the PM would have been my choice of these.

Then one day I got to shoot a G17 and I was sold; I did not have to think about how to shoot it.

GLOCK is the "point and click camera" of the pistol world, and as such it is understandable why it draws much hate from aficionados.

Once I got to shoot the G17, I convinced my dad he had to trade his S&W59 for G19, and once he got to shoot the G19 he too was a convert.

Because of prolonged, early exposure to shitty 1911s it really took my some time to develop any appreciation for the design.

Seriously, the AutoOrd "COMPETITION MODEL" was so bad you could not hit an 8" paper plate at 7 yards with it reliably.

I mention all this because best feeling in the hand does not mean shit.

My favorite pistol have little to do with how good the grip feels.

Even the CZ 75 B, which feels fantastic, is a favorite for other reasons and I would not own it just cause it feels nice.

If I were to go for most most comfortable in the hand S&W Sigma would be the answer.

There are guns I do not like specifically because of discomfort, like the FNX-45 Tactical where the safety lever runs exactly where my thumb needs to be.

So while the gun seems like a quality piece otherwise, I won't be getting one.
Link Posted: 7/6/2015 8:15:23 AM EDT
[#10]
7" x 7" - best feeling (but not what I shoot the best) HiPower. K frame with Hogue's feel pretty good too. Least favorite feeling Beretta 92 (but I shoot it pretty well)

Link Posted: 7/6/2015 3:45:51 PM EDT
[#11]
Interesting results so far.....
Link Posted: 7/6/2015 4:05:00 PM EDT
[#12]
7 3/4" X 8"

Favorite fit/feeling pistols for me are
1) full size M&Ps
2)Sig P226 w/ wood grips

Least favorite fit/feeling pistols for me are glocks. Maybe it is just the way they feel and not my hand size, I hate them; but I still own 1
Link Posted: 7/6/2015 4:20:08 PM EDT
[#13]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
7 3/4" X 8"

Favorite fit/feeling pistols for me are
1) full size M&Ps
2)Sig P226 w/ wood grips

Least favorite fit/feeling pistols for me are glocks. Maybe it is just the way they feel and not my hand size, I hate them; but I still own 1
View Quote

I have noticed people with smaller spreads do not like the Luger/Glock grip angle or the Glockass but like the M&P.  I myself like the M&P with the big palm swell
Link Posted: 7/6/2015 5:02:46 PM EDT
[#14]
6 3/4" and 8 1/4

I like my 1911's and prefer the flat MSH.   The other gun that fits is a Browning BDM, (a modernized highpower shape with a Sig built slide with DA and DAO modes)

For work I'm carrying a glock 22 buy my grip is certainly not an idealized grip on that paving brick.
Link Posted: 7/11/2015 2:48:18 AM EDT
[#15]
I have XXL palms, and Medium/Short, stubby fingers.

Favorites:
Ruger SR22 pistol -- Feels great with either backstrap...I love the grip, angle, texture, etc.
Glock -- gen4 19 and gen4 17 (I usually get them stippled which makes them feel a bit smaller--a grip reduction would feel even better).
Glock -- 43 and 42 (both feel GREAT, though I end up using grip tape or a Hogue Jr to get a better grip on them).
Kahrs -- P9/CW9 (again with the Hogue--but hate the trigger and reset).

I'd love to hold the VP9, SW MP9, etc., with the smallest grips and side panels or whatever, but most gun shops ONLY have the medium installed--so I don't know if I like them.  
Sadly, all of the polymer 45s are TOO thick for me--though I may someday get a 45 M&P down the road, since it has to be more bearable than Glock (though I think my next pistol will likely be a gen4 G22 with a ported barrel).

I hate:  any wide grips side-to-side, but even being long front to back is horrible (like the Shield, which is otherwise a small grip, but long front to back).  
Link Posted: 7/11/2015 8:25:25 AM EDT
[#16]
7.75 X 8.25 inches.

My favorite and most accurate semi automatic pistols to shoot are my SIG X - Fives and P220s.

I like pistols with large, wide, grips and long trigger reaches.
Link Posted: 7/11/2015 1:25:13 PM EDT
[#17]
Simple measurements rarely seem to work.

Stop by a gun store and TRY different guns and their grips.

Just like some folks prefer a raised main spring housing on a 1911, others prefer the flat.

A lot depends on actual hand 'size' and how much 'meat' is in your hand and how it is placed.

Many folks try gun after gun until all of a sudden they find one that 'works' for them.

If you never find one look into altering things.
Trigger lengthen, grip thickness, etc.

A 1911 type platform s especially good for making things how YOU want them.
Link Posted: 7/12/2015 1:50:35 AM EDT
[#18]
I have big hands for a girl (I'm 5'10-5'11) but still smaller than most guys but I don't know the actual size.  My favorite duty gun was my G21 and I still love it but the grip was always too big for me to get a comfy grip so I added a Hogue wraparound grip which makes the grip a little bigger but way easier to hold.  I did the same thing with my Beretta 92A1.  The guns that really just feel perfect in my hand are my S&W M&P40 with the smallest backstrap and my single stack 1911.  The M&P's and 1911's are as close to a perfect grip as I've ever found.  My sister's Walther P99 also has a comfortable grip for me.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top