Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 4/18/2015 1:51:20 PM EDT
I'm looking to get a new 45 to act as a backup for my M&P45 FS. Narrowed it down to the following:

- Glock 21 Gen 4
- XD 45 Service
- XD 45 Tactical
- FNX-45

Am not super concerned about aftermarket parts, I have mainly Glocks and M&Ps but had a XD Service 9 as my first gun so I'm familiar with those too. Just looking for something that I can still hand out 45 with reliability and is maybe a little different from something I have already. Thoughts?
Link Posted: 4/18/2015 1:54:05 PM EDT
[#1]
Glock 30s
Like it so much i got 2.

Fits in the front pocket of most fatigues.
Gen4 21 is also fantastic
Link Posted: 4/18/2015 2:40:45 PM EDT
[#2]
The only choice: USP Tactical 45

LOVE mine.

Link Posted: 4/18/2015 5:11:01 PM EDT
[#3]
Probably should have specified that I'm looking for a compact (Service / G19 sized) or full sized pistol. Have an M&Pc if I need to go super small.
Link Posted: 4/18/2015 5:21:19 PM EDT
[#4]
G36 is what you seek.
Link Posted: 4/18/2015 5:23:10 PM EDT
[#5]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Probably should have specified that I'm looking for a compact (Service / G19 sized) or full sized pistol. Have an M&Pc if I need to go super small.
View Quote

30s has 19 dimensions with an even shorter grip
Link Posted: 4/19/2015 8:36:57 AM EDT
[#6]
I have the XD 45 Tactical and just picked up an XD 45 Compact as a CCW option.  It has a 4 in barrel and a 10 round mag, but can use the same 13 rounders as it's big brother.  Love it.
Link Posted: 4/19/2015 9:37:31 AM EDT
[#7]
Not on your list, but maybe  P320 when it becomes available in .45acp?
Link Posted: 4/19/2015 3:23:43 PM EDT
[#8]
M&p 45 c since your backing up your full siize m&p45. So you can use the full size mags.
Link Posted: 4/19/2015 3:42:21 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
M&p 45 c since your backing up your full siize m&p45. So you can use the full size mags.
View Quote

That is what I was going to suggest.
Is this a back up to carry or a back up at home that you switch to if the M&P needs service?  (I'm guessing back up to carry since you want a small one)
Only way another make would be acceptable is if you are itching to try another pistol series.
Link Posted: 4/19/2015 4:26:05 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

Is this a back up to carry or a back up at home that you switch to if the M&P needs service?  (I'm guessing back up to carry since you want a small one)
Only way another make would be acceptable is if you are itching to try another pistol series.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

OP, I can't believe the 45c wasn't on the list.  It's G19 sized just like you mentioned and it'll have the same controls as your full-size.  I loved mine and the only reason I got rid of it is because I only keep 9mm around.
Link Posted: 4/19/2015 7:59:28 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
View Quote

This! And the controls/handling/ergo's will be the same as well. The M&P series shoots, handles, and recoils so well I sold off all of my "other" polymer pistols. Now if your NOT talking about carrying a back up on your person then get whatever you want. I find 1911's make superb carry & home defense pistols as well. However, if I had it to do over again my 1911's would have rails for lights, (TLR's/Streamlights). Having the light on the pistol makes for opening doors/closets/shower curtains, etc. so much easier when you have a free hand to do so; when the need arises in my experience.... YMMV... My M&P compacts have came stock with superb triggers from the factory. Apex turned my mid-size's trigger into the sweetest polymer trigger I've ever shot.
Link Posted: 4/19/2015 9:04:32 PM EDT
[#12]
In 45 I do like the m&p alot since it shoots so good. And its not plagued by accuracy issues like the nine.
Link Posted: 4/19/2015 9:23:55 PM EDT
[#13]
XD Compact is my favorite carry gun.
Link Posted: 4/20/2015 5:02:03 AM EDT
[#14]
Glock 21 would be my pick from your list.  It was on my list but I ended up with a Glock 34 as 9mm is a bit cheaper to shoot.
Link Posted: 4/22/2015 11:43:21 AM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
XD Compact is my favorite carry gun.
View Quote

As I mentioned above, I just picked one up and I am soooo looking forward to this becoming my EDC
Link Posted: 4/22/2015 12:00:27 PM EDT
[#16]
I really like my Gen4 Glock 21.  I had one of the XDm 5.25's in 45 as well and just shoot the Glock better.  The FN is a nice gun, but your going to get more muzzle flip than you would with the Glock.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top