Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Posted: 3/22/2015 3:26:55 AM EDT
I own several handguns but I don't own a "lightweight" compact defensive gun.  So I've been considering what would I choose, if I suddenly came up with the funds.

It would have to be lightweight, something that could be carried in a pair of elastic waist shorts (assuming that's even possible).  Needs to be small since it's primary duty will be pocket carry around the house.  Obviously reliability is very important as well as functionality.

Basically I'm looking for the lightest compact/subcompact 9mm available that's reliable and built well enough to bet your life on.  Price is a consideration, the lower the better but it's the least important of all the other categories.

What do you recommend and why?  No disparaging others please, every recommendation is appreciated.

Edit: I guess I should specify I'm looking for your story about the "mini" 9mm you carry.  I've researched pretty much every one that I know exists already, I want to know good, bad and ugly of the lightweight compact 9's you have personal experience with instead of a gun writer's point of view.  No offense to you gun writer's on here, I love your articles, I just want the owner/carrier's POV for this one.

Thanks
Link Posted: 3/22/2015 3:28:57 AM EDT
[#1]
Quoted:
I own several handguns but I don't own a "lightweight" compact defensive gun.  So I've been considering what would I choose, if I suddenly came up with the funds.

It would have to be lightweight, something that could be carried in a pair of elastic waist shorts (assuming that's even possible).  Needs to be small since it's primary duty will be pocket carry around the house.  Obviously reliability is very important as well as functionality.

Basically I'm looking for the lightest compact/subcompact 9mm available that's reliable and built well enough to bet your life on.  Price is a consideration, the lower the better but it's the least important of all the other categories.

What do you recommend and why?  No disparaging others please, every recommendation is appreciated.
View Quote

Glock 26 is the best IMO. But there's also the s&w shield, the kahr cw9/pm9, the sccy cpx2, the keltec pf9/p11, ruger lc9/LCR9. Those are the most popular ones off the top of my head.
Link Posted: 3/22/2015 3:37:40 AM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

Glock 26 is the best IMO. But there's also the s&w shield, the kahr cw9/pm9, the sccy cpx2, the keltec pf9/p11, ruger lc9/LCR9. Those are the most popular ones off the top of my head.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Thanks, one for the Glock.  I know all the different models out there, I've been reading reviews but it's all so subjective I wanted to see what everyone else was using and what they think of them.
Link Posted: 3/22/2015 3:51:45 AM EDT
[#3]
I own all kinds of compact 9s: Glock, Kahr, Kel Tec, Walther PPS, etc...  my favorite is my Diamondback DB9. True pocket carry 9mm. Lots of complaints about DB380s but my 9 has been 100%. The shield is way too bulky IMO
Link Posted: 3/22/2015 4:04:15 AM EDT
[#4]
The Glock 43 just was announced this week.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O6E7qRJsE2Y
Link Posted: 3/22/2015 4:08:31 AM EDT
[#5]
I carry a PM9 often. I have no complaints. Consider a Walther PPS also. I shot a friend's. Nice pistol.
Link Posted: 3/22/2015 4:38:15 AM EDT
[#6]
me  i still like the solo its about the same as the rest has a safety can carry it cocked and locked and as accurate as well both mine and the wifes have been great they love the 95 gn dpx .
Link Posted: 3/22/2015 7:54:07 AM EDT
[#7]
For small, I like the Kahr PM9.
Great trigger, recoil isn't bad, accurate, and a true small 9mm.

That said, I will buy the G43 when it comes out.

I like Glocks for their simplicity and reliability.

Dave N
Link Posted: 3/22/2015 7:54:25 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

Edit: I guess I should specify I'm looking for your story about the "mini" 9mm you carry.  I've researched pretty much every one that I know exists already, I want to know good, bad and ugly of the lightweight compact 9's you have personal experience with instead of a gun writer's point of view.  No offense to you gun writer's on here, I love your articles, I just want the owner/carrier's POV for this one.

Thanks
View Quote

Unless you have a drawstring, it is going to be tough to hold them up.  LC9, would be my choice.
Link Posted: 3/22/2015 8:35:06 AM EDT
[#9]
I carry a Sig 938 when I'm looking to carry small.  It's a fine pistol, and I like the 1911 type controls.  Mine has been perfect, and I trust it completely.  It's very small, and carries well either in the pocket.  

If I were starting from scratch, I'd certainly have a look at the newly announced Glock 43.  Though I'll likely get one because I'm a complete Glockoholic, I'll be keeping my Sig.  It's sweet.
Link Posted: 3/22/2015 8:48:44 AM EDT
[#10]
I would recommend against the Kahr PM-9, despite many here liking them.

Sometimes rounds nose down under the feed ramp and jam the gun.  Unlike their MK-9 series, there is an inexplicable empty area under the feedramp and with the tendency of top rounds to pop out of their mags, you can get an occasional odd under feedramp jam.

And when disassembling them, there is a spring I've never damaged, but they warn is easy to damage.

And I also own a MK-9. Heavy. Great single action trigger pull, but the last round always comes right back in my face, even after a trip back to the factory.
Link Posted: 3/22/2015 9:11:47 AM EDT
[#11]
I like both the PM9 and G26.  G26 is a bit on the heavy and thick side though.  It would be nice to see a G43 and compare, single stack vs double stack.

If you go the PM9 route, make sure you do the break in as recommended by Kahr.
Link Posted: 3/22/2015 10:07:25 AM EDT
[#12]
Glock 26 and a Kahr P9 have served me well. The Kahr is less than an inch thick comes with seven round mags with eight round mags available. Very easy to hide IWB.
Link Posted: 3/22/2015 10:08:29 AM EDT
[#13]
Here is a comparison of the Glock 43 to some other smaller 9's.  I like the size and weight of the Glock 43 which should make it a good shooting pistol.  Kahr has a smaller 9 but I think the Glock will shoot better.  I passed on the Kahr CM9 and bought a Glock 42 when I wanted a smaller lighter pistol than my Glock 27.  

Link Posted: 3/22/2015 10:25:23 AM EDT
[#14]
Kahr cm9 or pm9 are what you want. The cm9 can be bought for around 350 maybe cheaper.

I use a cw9 which has a longer grip and barrel. I love that gun, I like the longer grip since I don't pocket carry.
Link Posted: 3/22/2015 10:45:38 AM EDT
[#15]
Sig p320 sc.

Compared to a full sized p226.

Link Posted: 3/22/2015 12:01:38 PM EDT
[#16]
Ordered by preference based upon my experience.

1. Walther PPS
2. Sig 290RS
3. Kahr PM9/CM9
4. Rohrbaugh R9
5. S&W Shield
Link Posted: 3/22/2015 12:37:32 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
View Quote

I'm going against the grain here.  I carry a S&W 642 under the conditions listed above.  Its great for pocket carry, and in a kydex IWB holster I carry it on the waist band of a either a pair of sweat pants or swim trucks (as long as they have a draw string).  I am unable to carry a Shield on the waist band this way (too heavy) and the Shield is barely over the size limit for pocket carry.

As always, YMMV.
Link Posted: 3/22/2015 3:17:59 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:

View Quote

Looks to be a little large for pocket carry.
Link Posted: 3/22/2015 3:54:16 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I agree and I am a Glock fan but I think I will be picking up a PM9.
Link Posted: 3/22/2015 5:38:01 PM EDT
[#20]
Compact and subcompact 9mm guns I have right now are:

Kahr CM9 - very small. Pocket carry capable. Mine has been reliable but other have had issues. It is kind of a tough gun to shoot fast and accurately due to the size. With my hand size I find myself having to readjust my grip every 2-3 shots. Doesn't take me a long time and it is kind of subconscious but the gun twists in my hand.

Glock 26 - small enough. Easy to conceal in the waist band. Great capacity for size with ability to use 15 and 17 round magazines for reload. Holsters, parts, etc abundant as it is a Glock. I can shoot this much better than the CM9 without it moving around in my hand. Long range sessions are not a problem with this gun.

Glock 19 - compact, but probably not what you are talking about. A bit bigger than the 26. Easier to shoot than the 26
has a light rail if that matters to you.

CZ75b Compact - about the same size as the Glock 19 with one less round. All steel frame so it is heavy. Makes it less comfortable to carry all day but cuts down on the recoil a good bit. Easy gun to like. Can be carried cocked and locked or safety off hammer down in DA/SA, but you have to decock it manually. Part of me has always wanted this to be my carry gun, but for the size I just shoot so much better with my Glock 19.

SIG p224 - very thick. A bit bigger than a 26. 12 round capacity with ability to take 18 and 20 round p226 magazines for reload. Was in my carry rotation, but the front night sight went dead suddenly and I haven't gotten around to replacing it. DA/SA. Mine has the SRT in it. First round has a pretty heavy trigger, but after that it is outstanding.

Reliability wise, all of the above have been as good as you can ask of a gun. If it wasn't reliable I wouldn't keep it.
Link Posted: 3/22/2015 6:16:42 PM EDT
[#21]
In my experience the S&W Shield, Kahr PM9 and Walther PPS are good choices. For a pocket gun the Kahr would be my choice. The Glock 26 is great but too big/heavy for what you describe, IMO.
Link Posted: 3/22/2015 7:23:16 PM EDT
[#22]
I have grown to like the FNS-Compact models. Comes in 9mm or .40. Size wise it is between the Glock 19 and 26. It also come with 3 mags (12 rd, 12 rd with pinky extension, and 17 rd that fits all FNS models) from the factory and can be found for about $50 cheaper plus the extra 17 round mag
Link Posted: 3/22/2015 8:08:55 PM EDT
[#23]
Interesting, I thought there would be one that was significantly more popular than the others but not the case.  Lot's of great information though, I thank you all!

Let me pose the same question but instead switch out 9mm for .380.  I'm not really a fan of .380 for an "out and about" carry gun but in this case, I'm looking for something to carry around the house.  The .380, with proper ammo, would work just fine to get me to one of the full size guns we keep around the house.  So, same question, this time in .380.
Link Posted: 3/22/2015 8:19:58 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:
Interesting, I thought there would be one that was significantly more popular than the others but not the case.  Lot's of great information though, I thank you all!

Let me pose the same question but instead switch out 9mm for .380.  I'm not really a fan of .380 for an "out and about" carry gun but in this case, I'm looking for something to carry around the house.  The .380, with proper ammo, would work just fine to get me to one of the full size guns we keep around the house.  So, same question, this time in .380.
View Quote

My LCPs have been super reliable and are pocket goto's for me.
I have a cw380 which I like to shoot better but not reliable.
My friend has a 42 and it has been very problematic but fun to shoot.
I vote LCP.
Link Posted: 3/22/2015 8:57:56 PM EDT
[#25]
My LCP has been flawlessly reliable and shoots very well for its size. It's not fun to shoot but it's size makes it very handy. I had a Keltec .32 that worked great but the Keltec .380 I had, well, sucked. Unreliable and the takedown pin would walk out during firing. My Colt Mustang Pocketlite works well and is a nice size but I'm not a big fan of the SA/condition 1 carry mode in a pocket gun. I use it with a clip on IWB holster with workout shorts when it's really hot out. I like the feel I the Kahr CW380 and Glock 42 but haven't shot them.
Link Posted: 3/22/2015 9:24:31 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:

View Quote

For me the only reason to go .380 is to get something very small. Smaller than I can go with 9mm. So I would LCP. I might would look at the Glock 42, but for that size I would be able to carry a 9mm.
Link Posted: 3/22/2015 10:46:48 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:

View Quote

I have owned a P3AT for years. Love it.
Shot a friend's Kahr P380. It's the Cadillac of pocket pistols.
Link Posted: 3/23/2015 9:42:02 AM EDT
[#28]
In 380 I chose the Glock 42 but I use an IWB holster and occasionally an ankle holster.  My previous 380's were Walther PPK/s and a PPK back in the 80's.  The Glock 42 is the best shooting 380 for it's size I've ever shot.  Mine is an early model, runs great and I have no trouble hitting a steel plate target at 50 yards.
Link Posted: 3/24/2015 6:22:08 PM EDT
[#29]
Seems like the LCP is the favorite .380, which echoes what I've found from other sources.  Doesn't seem like there's a 9mm option that is small/light enough for my needs so the LCP goes to the top of the list for now.  Since I'm not planning on choosing one right now I can keep looking.

Thank you all VERY much for all the information, it helped a lot!
Link Posted: 3/24/2015 7:18:57 PM EDT
[#30]
I am a fan of the S&W M&P Bodyguard.  It is a real pocket rocket in being so small you can pocket carry it without effort, being super accurate (mine has been a tack driver) and for being uber dependable (goes BANG!! every time!)

The trigger is true double action (not striker fired) and if you can shoot a double action revolver, you can shoot this just as easy or even better.  

I prefer the double action trigger since it is in the pocket right next to my "personal rocket"  ...  

BIGGER_HAMMER

There is a great video of Jerry Mickluc shooting steel plate at 200 yards with a .380 Bodyguard.  

Link Posted: 3/24/2015 10:34:20 PM EDT
[#31]
The only experience I have with the Bodyguard was a couple years at the range.  There was a group of three next to us but only two were shooting. The one guy was "teaching" what appeared to be his girlfriend and her friend to shoot.  I noticed that he was constantly having to work on his Bodyguard during the shooting.  Finally the friend of the girlfriend agreed to shoot the gun, she hadn't ever shot a gun before.  I'm watching as she aims and pulls the trigger.  There's a very strange *pop* noise that instantly set off my "uh oh" alarm and the girl shooting immediately starts crying.  I thought the gun just blew up in her hands because there were pieces falling out of her hands.  The girl says "I think I broke it!" but then the guy who owned the gun gathers up the parts and says "no, it's fine, it does this all the time".  He puts it back together and starts shooting it again, I almost peed!  The gun literally came apart upon shooting multiple times that day and he just kept shooting it.  Anywho, I'm a big fan of the M&P but that incident with the Bodyguard really turned me off.  Silly to let one bad experience sour you so I guess I should compare it to the LCP.
Link Posted: 3/26/2015 11:12:03 PM EDT
[#32]
My small guns are an LC9, and a 642 for when I get sweaty.

The LC9 wants to rust at the mag release when it gets sweaty.

Link Posted: 3/27/2015 1:15:56 AM EDT
[#33]
Kahr CM9

Compared/shot shield, LC9, PF9, Rohrbaugh, and PPS before purchase. The shield is the best pistol of these, but was too big for what I needed it for. I carry a Glock 19 90% of the time.

I'm still not 100% sure the Kahr the best option, but so far it's been good enough. Mine has been totally reliable even during the break in period. I've heard enough from others to make me not totally trust the gun, even though I've put over 1000 trouble free rounds through it including 200 Golddots.

My Uses:

Carry when running. Using a smart carry. I've gone up to 1/2 marathon trail run with it. No complaints.

Gym carried it for a couple of years. It prints in an awkward way when doing squats and leg press. At this point, I do so much jumping around, I leave my gun in the truck when I go in the gym. I once had to fake not being able to do windshield wipers from the pull up bar, because I was afraid it would fall out.

Pocket carry. I'm using a kydex holster from Alabama holsters. Need loose pants and large pockets to conceal it.

IWB tucked. I have the Minotaur with velcrow clips and velcrow belt for times when an untucked shirt over my double stack isn't appropriate attire.  

Ankle: Using a Galco ankle glove. This is my, "It's a better than no gun," way of carrying. Occasionally I'll ankle carry as a backup too.

Pros:

Small and extremely easy to conceal.
Not uncomfortable to shoot. I wouldn't hand it to a new shooter, but It's an easier learning curve than a J-frame IMO.
Accurate enough. I can go 10:10 on my B/C steel at 20 yards. If I take my time, I can do the same at 25. This takes some concentration, because the trigger sucks. It's plenty good for shooting fast(er) at 10 yards or less.
Easy to disassemble for cleaning
Reliable, in my small sample size.

Cons:

Trigger pull and reset is ridiculously long. Weight is about right for what it is.
Ammo can fall out of the backup mag, if it's carried loose in the pocket.
Feed lips on mags are sharp!

That's all I got.
Link Posted: 3/27/2015 3:00:25 AM EDT
[#34]
Everyone loves to hate Kel-tec, but I had a PF9 for a couple years and that was a great carry gun, at the time it was my only handgun so I used it for everything. I probably put close to 6,000 rounds through it in the 3 years I owned it. The trigger was long and heavy, but once you learned it it was pretty easy to become accurate with. I carried it with the kel-tec belt clip the whole time I owned it and it was super easy to conceal year round. The finish sucked, especially not using a holster but I would wipe it down every few days and never had any serious rust issues even after taking it swimming a few times. I was going to get the slide duracoated but never ended up doing it. It was light enough I could take it running in shorts and as long as I made sure they were tied, my shorts never fell down.

The only reason I got rid of mine is because after I bought and shot my M&P for a while I kept short stroking the trigger on the PF9, since there is a double reset and I didn't trust myself to break that habit.

For $250ish new, they are pretty hard to beat.
Link Posted: 3/27/2015 4:13:15 AM EDT
[#35]
M&P9c is my go-to, even with the Shield9 I also have.  Much prefer the 9 compact.
Link Posted: 3/27/2015 6:37:24 AM EDT
[#36]
I may pick up a LCP for trial and teaching purposes.  They're often on sale.  Lots of first time buyers love its size and weight but don't like the recoil once they shoot it.  I'd like my students to occassionally shoot (practice) and not just put a box of ammo through it and then ban it to the nightstand, purse or glovebox.
Link Posted: 3/27/2015 4:19:25 PM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:
Kahr CM9

Compared/shot shield, LC9, PF9, Rohrbaugh, and PPS before purchase. The shield is the best pistol of these, but was too big for what I needed it for. I carry a Glock 19 90% of the time.

I'm still not 100% sure the Kahr the best option, but so far it's been good enough. Mine has been totally reliable even during the break in period. I've heard enough from others to make me not totally trust the gun, even though I've put over 1000 trouble free rounds through it including 200 Golddots.

My Uses:

Carry when running. Using a smart carry. I've gone up to 1/2 marathon trail run with it. No complaints.

Gym carried it for a couple of years. It prints in an awkward way when doing squats and leg press. At this point, I do so much jumping around, I leave my gun in the truck when I go in the gym. I once had to fake not being able to do windshield wipers from the pull up bar, because I was afraid it would fall out.

Pocket carry. I'm using a kydex holster from Alabama holsters. Need loose pants and large pockets to conceal it.

IWB tucked. I have the Minotaur with velcrow clips and velcrow belt for times when an untucked shirt over my double stack isn't appropriate attire.  

Ankle: Using a Galco ankle glove. This is my, "It's a better than no gun," way of carrying. Occasionally I'll ankle carry as a backup too.

Pros:

Small and extremely easy to conceal.
Not uncomfortable to shoot. I wouldn't hand it to a new shooter, but It's an easier learning curve than a J-frame IMO.
Accurate enough. I can go 10:10 on my B/C steel at 20 yards. If I take my time, I can do the same at 25. This takes some concentration, because the trigger sucks. It's plenty good for shooting fast(er) at 10 yards or less.
Easy to disassemble for cleaning
Reliable, in my small sample size.

Cons:

Trigger pull and reset is ridiculously long. Weight is about right for what it is.
Ammo can fall out of the backup mag, if it's carried loose in the pocket.
Feed lips on mags are sharp!

That's all I got.
View Quote

Very good review, thanks!
Link Posted: 3/27/2015 4:26:22 PM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:
Everyone loves to hate Kel-tec, but I had a PF9 for a couple years and that was a great carry gun, at the time it was my only handgun so I used it for everything. I probably put close to 6,000 rounds through it in the 3 years I owned it. The trigger was long and heavy, but once you learned it it was pretty easy to become accurate with. I carried it with the kel-tec belt clip the whole time I owned it and it was super easy to conceal year round. The finish sucked, especially not using a holster but I would wipe it down every few days and never had any serious rust issues even after taking it swimming a few times. I was going to get the slide duracoated but never ended up doing it. It was light enough I could take it running in shorts and as long as I made sure they were tied, my shorts never fell down.

The only reason I got rid of mine is because after I bought and shot my M&P for a while I kept short stroking the trigger on the PF9, since there is a double reset and I didn't trust myself to break that habit.

View Quote

The Kel-Tek's are in the top 5 or so, but their reliability issues hurt them.  I think they just need better gun designers and someone to point out that cheap looking guns don't sell well.  Being a former Cocoa Beacher, I have to root for the home team though.
Link Posted: 3/27/2015 4:30:32 PM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:
I may pick up a LCP for trial and teaching purposes.  They're often on sale.  Lots of first time buyers love its size and weight but don't like the recoil once they shoot it.  I'd like my students to occassionally shoot (practice) and not just put a box of ammo through it and then ban it to the nightstand, purse or glovebox.
View Quote

Yup, small guns do not equal small recoil.  They should do a PSA for new shooters to teach them that, before they get recoil shock and get soured to guns altogether.  Every new gun buyer is another brick towards building a stronger second amendment.
Link Posted: 3/27/2015 6:26:44 PM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:

Yup, small guns do not equal small recoil.  They should do a PSA for new shooters to teach them that, before they get recoil shock and get soured to guns altogether.  Every new gun buyer is another brick towards building a stronger second amendment.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I'll second that PSA.  Hell, my father fell victim to the small and light temptation buying a LCR .38 SPL despite my repeated objections that he would not enjoy shooting it.  It now sits unloved, in a nightstand.
Link Posted: 3/27/2015 7:33:19 PM EDT
[#41]
I like the Sig P938 as long as you don't have a budget.
Link Posted: 3/27/2015 8:05:14 PM EDT
[#42]
yep you guys are gonna hate this post but idgaf. my taurus pt709 slim has been a great carry piece when i need something smaller than my g19. it has tons of holster wear and has been through a beating over the years but it always goes bang. no complaints
Link Posted: 3/28/2015 12:11:35 AM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:
yep you guys are gonna hate this post but idgaf. my taurus pt709 slim has been a great carry piece when i need something smaller than my g19. it has tons of holster wear and has been through a beating over the years but it always goes bang. no complaints
View Quote

As long as it works, it doesn't matter what brand it is.  The problem with Taurus isn't that they make all crappy guns or all good guns.  Instead they make both, all at the same time.  If they could commit to making all their guns good, they just might eventually live up to all the claims they make.
Link Posted: 4/1/2015 9:18:38 PM EDT
[#44]
I'm a big fan of my XDs in 9mm. Easy to carry, shoot well for me. I know some people don't like their triggers, but mine is crisp. It's no 1911, but as good or better than my Glock 17. It carries really well too.
Link Posted: 4/1/2015 11:15:07 PM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:

The Kel-Tek's are in the top 5 or so, but their reliability issues hurt them.  I think they just need better gun designers and someone to point out that cheap looking guns don't sell well.  Being a former Cocoa Beacher, I have to root for the home team though.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Better "gun designer" then George Kellgren?
Link Posted: 4/2/2015 12:33:17 AM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

You misunderstand..."designer" as in assuring the gun excudes a sense of quality in it's appearance, in addition to mechanical quality.  Kel-Tek makes some excellent firearms but many of them don't look like quality and that hurts them.  Obviously in the case of firearms, fashion should follow function but when you simply stop at function and forget fashion altogether, sales numbers don't meet the potential margins.  Hi-Point makes very reliable gun but they are big, cumbersome and ugly so they have gained a reputation for being crappy when they are not.  
Link Posted: 4/2/2015 2:50:54 AM EDT
[#47]
If the Glock 26 is too wide, consider the Ruger LC9.
Or wait 6 or 8 months for the Glock43 hysteria to die down, and find one for near list price.

Or try a s&w shield.
Link Posted: 4/2/2015 8:19:36 AM EDT
[#48]
IMHO after reliability your first goal is small and light.  When I researched I was leaning toward the LCP because it was small and would truly fit in the pocket.  All the 9's I looked at had the handle sticking out of the top of my pocket.  I ended up with a P938.     I love it but can't imagine putting it in a pocket of elastic waist shorts.  In the pocket it will bounce around as you walk and in a waist holster it will drag the waist band down.  Draw strings, as mentioned, would be a must.
I would go to the lgs wearing the type of clothes you will be using it with and check them all out.  Small, light and pocket fit = LCP
Link Posted: 4/11/2015 9:38:28 AM EDT
[#49]
While I'm interested in trying the new glock 43, my "always" gun is still a J Frame airweight centennial snubby, the 442. I have yet to find a tiny pocket auto that's as reliable. While limited in capacity, and requiring diligent practice to maximize performance, their is very good reason why lightweight J frames have been a gold standard in the pocket carry world.
Link Posted: 4/11/2015 12:40:01 PM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:
While I'm interested in trying the new glock 43, my "always" gun is still a J Frame airweight centennial snubby, the 442. I have yet to find a tiny pocket auto that's as reliable. While limited in capacity, and requiring diligent practice to maximize performance, their is very good reason why lightweight J frames have been a gold standard in the pocket carry world.
View Quote

How does a loaded lightweight J frame compare, weightwise, with the various semi-autos mentioned here?
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top