Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 3/3/2015 1:47:51 AM EDT
2014 production, SIG M11-A1.
inadvertantly dropped magazine 3 times, once hung up in shirt, and twice hit the floor.

Carried in Galco MC2, and  CompTac minotaur.

Magazine release button is very easy to depress.

Anybody know of a stRonger spring, shim, or modification to prevent such hazard ?

Thanks.
Link Posted: 3/3/2015 11:12:13 AM EDT
[#1]
It's hard to say over the internet if your button is too loose or if it's inadvertently being activated. Stil, while it shouldn't be difficult to depress, there should be enough spring pressure to prevent accidental activation.

I would contact SIG. With any luck, the spring broke and they can ship you replacement parts. Hopefully they won't require you ship the whole pistol to them. I would also specifically ask if changing the spring yourself would void the warranty.
Link Posted: 3/3/2015 11:20:50 AM EDT
[#2]
Contact Sig would be best course of action and changing a spring would not void warranty.  Only thing that does is modifying the pistol to where the modification affects or causes the pistol to have problems or shooting ammo that Sig says voids warranty.  (say like reloads or over pressured ammo when the manual says not too ..... not saying it says that in the manual)
Link Posted: 3/20/2015 1:14:53 AM EDT
[#3]
The spring is not broken. Mag release button pushes very easily.
after inadvertant dropping magazine 3 times within earshot of wife..... I put the SIG away.

Gone back to Glocks, for now.

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top