Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 1/29/2015 11:04:04 PM EDT
"Built from the ground up"

While I wouldn't purchase a Salient firearm, I kinda want that stippling and finger groove removal on my Timberwolf...and possibly that magwell.

Clearly they're using a Timberwolf frame. Here's mine for comparison.

Link Posted: 1/29/2015 11:45:13 PM EDT
[#1]
Where do they get the balls to say "built from the ground up" when it's obviously a gratuitously overpriced Glock 17?  As for your frame, just use a dremel to take off the finger grooves and shave down the raised edges on the side.  Stipple over it with a soldering iron. Even if you botch it, you can get another frame for less than $200, which is still cheaper than having a professional do it.
Link Posted: 1/30/2015 12:16:04 AM EDT
[#2]
Wow does that look ugly.
Link Posted: 1/30/2015 1:02:19 PM EDT
[#3]
The trigger guard is different. Perhaps a new generation of LW frames? Does your LW frame have the frame droop in it? Most of my mags are not drop free in the LW too, bleh...
Link Posted: 1/30/2015 1:35:54 PM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
The trigger guard is different. Perhaps a new generation of LW frames? Does your LW frame have the frame droop in it? Most of my mags are not drop free in the LW too, bleh...
View Quote

Looks like they just removed material from the Timberwolf trigger guard.
Link Posted: 1/30/2015 3:27:37 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
View Quote

I haven't had an issue with mags dropping free. Granted I've only used G17 factory mags.

Droop? I think it has a little but I don't own any Glocks so I don't really have a reference. It shoots great so I have no complaints.

The trigger guard on the Salient has clearly been cut from the Timberwolf frame, but I have no doubt a Timberwolf frame is what they're using.
Link Posted: 1/30/2015 4:36:09 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

I haven't had an issue with mags dropping free. Granted I've only used G17 factory mags.

Droop? I think it has a little but I don't own any Glocks so I don't really have a reference. It shoots great so I have no complaints.

The trigger guard on the Salient has clearly been cut from the Timberwolf frame, but I have no doubt a Timberwolf frame is what they're using.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

The fact that they're using Timberwolf frames seems to add credence to the quality of the frames.
Link Posted: 1/30/2015 5:32:43 PM EDT
[#7]
Now I kind of want to set up a similar G17 myself but for 1/3 the price.  

Used Gen3 G17: $450
Timberwolf frame: $200
Sell the OEM frame: - $200
Fiber optic sights: $100
ATEi slide cuts: $340
Zev Tech Fulcrum trigger: $180
Frame work: FREE - do it myself

TOTAL: $1,070

Hmmmm, I now have alomst 2 grand to spend on mags, holsters, ammo, and training.  Imagine that.
Link Posted: 1/30/2015 5:36:54 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

Hmmmm, I now have alomst 2 grand to spend on mags, holsters, ammo, and training.  Imagine that.
View Quote

I don't have receipts but I went with as few glock parts as possible. Lone Wolf Frame and Slide + Frame and slide build kits, Dawson sights, Strom Lake Barrel (was on sale at Midway for like ~$75, I do remember that), cerakoted, and some factory mags. I have been considering doing my own frame work BUT I also may try to trade it for a VP9 because I'm more of an HK guy.
Link Posted: 1/30/2015 5:58:03 PM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:

View Quote
But it doesn't say Salient....the fanbois are dissapoint

Link Posted: 1/30/2015 6:35:35 PM EDT
[#10]
He many salient references on the gun do they need?
Link Posted: 2/4/2015 12:23:26 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
He many salient references on the gun do they need?
View Quote

You do realize the more Salient References equals more top tier 1 performance from your gun right? Totally worth the extra $$$ is you ask me..... I mean, doesnt EVERYBODY want a brass backstrap?

I do like it though, those serrations are pretty awesome looking. at least they didnt put ALOT of jam holes in the slide....just one.
Link Posted: 2/4/2015 12:43:36 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

I don't have receipts but I went with as few glock parts as possible. Lone Wolf Frame and Slide + Frame and slide build kits, Dawson sights, Strom Lake Barrel (was on sale at Midway for like ~$75, I do remember that), cerakoted, and some factory mags. I have been considering doing my own frame work BUT I also may try to trade it for a VP9 because I'm more of an HK guy.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Me: lonewolf frame, unity slide, all zev internals. But i don't have the cash for that right now.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top