Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 11/25/2014 10:25:08 PM EDT
I had a Glock 17 when I was a young lad in 1991, but quickly traded it on something I no longer can remember.  Been shooting mostly 1911s in the interim.  After the 23 year hiatus, I decided to jump back in and picked up a Lipsey's LAV G17 today.

When in the holy Hell did they stop shipping them in the Tupperware container?
Link Posted: 11/25/2014 10:30:18 PM EDT
[#1]

Link Posted: 11/25/2014 10:45:08 PM EDT
[#2]
2001?
Link Posted: 11/26/2014 1:38:47 AM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
View Quote

About a year after getting sued............that's why they are called suicide boxes.

Link Posted: 11/26/2014 1:50:18 AM EDT
[#4]
I own a Glock 17 Gen 1, a Glock 19 gen 3 and a Glock 27 Gen 3. I have tried the Gen 4 guns and there are things about them I just don't like, I have done slight modifications to my Glocks to make them a smooth gun to shoot. Also the only lube I have used on them for a long time is a grease called Super Lube Synthetic. It can be purchased on Amazon. I also use this grease on my AR-15 and Savage BL .22 long rifle. Best damn grease I ever laid my hands on and it holds up. I have never had a failure.
Link Posted: 11/26/2014 10:47:01 AM EDT
[#5]
So...you are disappointed in Glock because you dont like the box it comes in...

Link Posted: 11/26/2014 11:01:08 AM EDT
[#6]
Troll thread.....
Link Posted: 11/26/2014 12:07:41 PM EDT
[#7]
This thread belongs in GD.
Link Posted: 11/26/2014 1:13:59 PM EDT
[#8]
I had to Google 'Glock Tupperware container' to find out what the OP was complaining about. Never seen or heard of one before, and if you have to pull the trigger to store it then good riddance. I'm assuming that since this the only thing the OP can find fault with his new G17 is that it comes with a real storage case then he's 100% satisfied with his new Glock. BTW, I'm a gen4 fan, I've shot a gen2 G17 many times and owned a gen3 G34 for a while which I didn't care for and currently have a Gen4 G19.
Link Posted: 11/26/2014 1:41:08 PM EDT
[#9]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Troll thread.....
View Quote

+1
Link Posted: 11/26/2014 2:08:39 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
Troll thread.....
View Quote

Nah, just nostalgic for the old shipping container.
Link Posted: 11/26/2014 9:07:25 PM EDT
[#11]
Glocks.  I keep coming back.  And I don't know what kind of smiley goes with that statement...
Link Posted: 11/27/2014 12:25:04 AM EDT
[#12]
To my regret, I threw my tupperware box away.  I wish I had kept it.
Link Posted: 11/27/2014 1:01:06 PM EDT
[#13]
I preferred the older boxes. They didn't take up much space in the safe. The newer boxes are just a waste of plastic. I also miss the older plain cardboard smith wesson blue boxes.
Link Posted: 11/27/2014 2:12:04 PM EDT
[#14]
Real world problems
Link Posted: 11/28/2014 12:35:06 AM EDT
[#15]
1st World problems
Link Posted: 11/29/2014 4:53:55 PM EDT
[#16]
My gen-1 and gen-2 have the Tupperware box. When I bought my gen-3 it was in the clamshell box.
Link Posted: 12/2/2014 11:35:06 PM EDT
[#17]
Link Posted: 12/3/2014 10:56:34 AM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
I had to Google 'Glock Tupperware container' to find out what the OP was complaining about. Never seen or heard of one before, and if you have to pull the trigger to store it then good riddance. I'm assuming that since this the only thing the OP can find fault with his new G17 is that it comes with a real storage case then he's 100% satisfied with his new Glock. BTW, I'm a gen4 fan, I've shot a gen2 G17 many times and owned a gen3 G34 for a while which I didn't care for and currently have a Gen4 G19.
View Quote

Wow, you must really hate the fact that you have to pull the trigger to disassemble a Glock, too, right?

I gave away my newer Glock cases and use the old Tupperware boxes for all of them. They stack easily in the safe and waste no space.
Link Posted: 12/3/2014 5:37:25 PM EDT
[#19]
I don't really think the "tupperware" box was intended for storage, Although many folks do use it that way. It was designed with Shipping in mind. My boxes are sitting unused under the bed and in the closet. My safe is way to small or I have to many, To put all the guns and boxes inside of it. I guess if your only complaint about a Glock is the shipping box that it came in, Then I guess there really isn't a problem.
Link Posted: 12/3/2014 8:54:36 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
I had a Glock 17 when I was a young lad in 1991, but quickly traded it on something I no longer can remember.  Been shooting mostly 1911s in the interim.  After the 23 year hiatus, I decided to jump back in and picked up a Lipsey's LAV G17 today.

View Quote

When people put them in loaded and the gun fired.
Link Posted: 12/4/2014 11:23:08 AM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:

Wow, you must really hate the fact that you have to pull the trigger to disassemble a Glock, too, right?

I gave away my newer Glock cases and use the old Tupperware boxes for all of them. They stack easily in the safe and waste no space.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

+1

I have never understood the reasoning that the Glock disassembly procedure is somehow "dangerous" because verifying and knowing that any gun is indeed unloaded before cleaning is for chumps
Link Posted: 12/4/2014 3:10:08 PM EDT
[#22]
I don't have a problem with Glock's breakdown procedure, all I'm saying is that no other manufacturer requires you to pull the trigger just to store it in a case. I'd assume if you're going to field strip a firearm you'd check to make sure it's empty whether pulling the trigger is part of the process or not. And if I choose to store my Glock in the factory case I have the unalieanable right to choose whether that firearm is empty or loaded and combat ready. God Bless America and screw that tupperware case! Down with the vacuum sealed tyrants!
Link Posted: 12/5/2014 6:07:59 AM EDT
[#23]

Quoted:

I don't really think the "tupperware" box was intended for storage,
View Quote

IIRC, the original "Tupperware" boxes were designed for military storage where they would be stacked on a rod or secured with a cable, or something like that.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top