BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 3
Link Posted: 11/9/2014 3:47:25 PM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Yes, you need to move the slide about half an inch to reset the trigger on the TP9SA
I don't think the TP-9 trigger is terrible and I discussed it a good bit in my review of it.
View Quote

I, also, don't think that the original TP9 trigger is that bad.  I liked it enough that I have two of them...

I also have a Walther P99QA, Walther  PPQ M2 and M1 to compare it with (for what little it's probably worth to others, but it is worth something to me ).

Bummer, now my OCD will force me to pick up a couple of these SA guns too...

By the way, I enjoyed your review of the SA, plouffedaddy.

But that does bring up a question about night sights.  I have standard P99 Meprolight sights on my TP9s, since, even though the original sights are plastic, they have the same design as the Walther P99 sights.

Do you know if the same Meprolight sights will fit the TP9SA?  I know that the TP9SA sights are steel and not plastic, but do they have the same 'shape?'

Thanks...

Forrest

Link Posted: 11/10/2014 12:39:03 PM EDT
[#2]
Just ordered one of these from my LGS.
Link Posted: 11/10/2014 2:54:29 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
View Quote

they bend you over on price?
Link Posted: 11/10/2014 3:27:19 PM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:

It's for sale on Grabagun.com 330.49 plus $5.00 shipping
View Quote

http://grabagun.com/century-arms-arms-tp9sa-pstl-9mm-18rd-blk.html

Link Posted: 11/10/2014 3:43:14 PM EDT
[#5]
Any leads on spare mags yet?
Link Posted: 11/10/2014 5:03:09 PM EDT
[#6]
I don't understand the need for an abundance of mags right away.  What if you hate the pistol?  Relax, it is just coming out.  You know damn well CDNN will have em as will Centerfire and J&G.
Link Posted: 11/11/2014 10:38:30 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

No, they are very good about keeping prices right around or just below retail.

My LGS says that his wholesalers don't have any, maybe I can find one at the funshow tomorrow.
Link Posted: 11/14/2014 5:08:01 AM EDT
[#8]

What's the stats on the safety?

Integrated locks?

Load indicator?

Link Posted: 11/14/2014 8:10:06 AM EDT
[#9]
$319.99 here
https://www.preppergunshop.com/index.php/ci-tp9-sa-9mm-pistol-2-18rd-mags-polymer-frame-fixed-sight.html
Link Posted: 11/14/2014 5:34:43 PM EDT
[#10]
Thinking about getting one as a cheap, fun range toy, and as a backup/hand off for others.  Anyone know if Canik will offer it in tan or green?

ETA: Added a verb. Verbs are helpful.
Link Posted: 11/14/2014 5:46:21 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
Anyone know if Canik will offer it in tan or green?
View Quote

supposed to be in the same 5-6 as last time.  Chrome (LOL), Titanium, OD green, Tan, Black
Link Posted: 11/14/2014 5:57:21 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

supposed to be in the same 5-6 as last time.  Chrome (LOL), Titanium, OD green, Tan, Black
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Chrome? I'll pass but OD Green and Tan are candidates. Thanks.
Link Posted: 11/14/2014 9:17:33 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
what's sketchy is the first gen's trigger was abysmal and this ones trigger goes dead when you decock it rather than going DA.  Pointless.  If you really want to pickup an inexpensive good 9mm Century just got a buttload of older S&W's, CZ75's, and FEG HP clones starting at $219 on up to $339.  The FEG PJK and HP clones are all $219 + shipping in very good condition.
View Quote

Where?
Link Posted: 11/15/2014 12:28:06 AM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Century currently lists black and desert, but I assume that they'll eventually also offer all the TP9 colors...

Forrest

Edited to add an 'all'.
Link Posted: 11/15/2014 10:03:19 AM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:

Where?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Century just got

Where?

you need an account with them (C&R) will work, log in and click the gigantic flashing arrow in the top right corner
Link Posted: 11/15/2014 2:24:13 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:

you need an account with them (C&R) will work, log in and click the gigantic flashing arrow in the top right corner
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Century just got

Where?

so they're not available to the general public, making your post misleading.
Link Posted: 11/15/2014 11:33:16 PM EDT
[#17]
Yes they are.  U just need someone to help show u prices.
Link Posted: 11/18/2014 12:47:45 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
Yes they are.  U just need someone to help show u prices.
View Quote

13'ers....

Link Posted: 11/18/2014 12:51:18 PM EDT
[#19]
you lost me.  I am not in CO.
Link Posted: 11/18/2014 12:58:06 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
View Quote

You lost me too, and I am in Colorado...

Forrest

Link Posted: 11/18/2014 5:17:23 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:

Forrest

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Forrest

http://www.13ers.com/peaks/13ers_all.php
Link Posted: 11/18/2014 6:32:03 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Forrest

Link Posted: 11/18/2014 6:51:03 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Forrest

Take a look at your join date
Link Posted: 11/18/2014 10:06:29 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Forrest

My point was only about what 13ers have/has to do with displaying prices...

Forrest

Link Posted: 12/10/2014 9:27:15 PM EDT
[#25]
If you decock the pistol with a round in the chamber all you have to do is pull back the slide just a bit to re-engage the trigger.
Love my Canik TP9SA !  Putting an Atacs FG coating on mine. Should look good sitting in my Atacs FG drop leg holster.
Link Posted: 12/10/2014 9:28:04 PM EDT
[#26]
If you decock the pistol with a round in the chamber all you have to do is pull back the slide just a bit to re-engage the trigger.
Love my Canik TP9SA !  Putting an Atacs FG coating on mine. Should look good sitting in my Atacs FG drop leg holster.
Link Posted: 1/9/2015 10:49:55 PM EDT
[#27]
They have the Tan version for the TP9SA at AIM if anyone is looking for the non black version.

Any real world reviews of the gun from site members? I am really interested in this pistol
Link Posted: 1/10/2015 12:44:17 AM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:
They have the Tan version for the TP9SA at AIM if anyone is looking for the non black version.

Any real world reviews of the gun from site members? I am really interested in this pistol
View Quote

I'm not quite sure what you're asking here since this thread is a review written by a site member living in the real world...

Forrest

Link Posted: 1/10/2015 12:57:29 AM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:

I'm not quite sure what you're asking here since this thread is a review written by a site member living in the real world...

Forrest

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Forrest

Pretty simple really. More than 1 review of the gun from other people that have used it. Trying to get an honest assessment of the gun by multiple sources.
Link Posted: 1/10/2015 2:37:35 AM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:
View Quote

I saw that.  I really want to jump on that but I'm working on acquiring parts for two AR builds.  The tan TP9SA has to be better, right?
Link Posted: 1/10/2015 6:31:43 AM EDT
[#31]
OP thanks for the review, you always to a great job. I'm a big fan of the TP9, just ordered a second one for $303.00 from Buds an OD one to compliment the FDE one I already have. After only 600 rounds my trigger is pretty good. I think they are a lot of gun for the money, I shoot them well and they just plan work. The sights suck, but so do Glock and Walther. Aftermarket Walther sights work perfect, put Dawson's on mine
I will get the SA as soon as it's released in other colors, sue me got a thing for earth tone handguns. Strange there really is no function for the decocker, but I can get passed that. The SA will make four Canik pistols for me.
Link Posted: 1/10/2015 10:50:43 AM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:
I will get the SA as soon as it's released in other colors,
View Quote

http://www.aimsurplus.com/product.aspx?item=F1CTP9SADN&name=Century+Arms+Canik+TP9SA+9mm+Handgun+Desert+Tan&search=tp9sa
Link Posted: 1/10/2015 8:15:09 PM EDT
[#33]
Just throwing this out there.
-M9 Base Plates appear to work and function fine. Especially the +2 Plates by Mec Gar.
-M9 Magazines require magazine catch modding.
-Most of the Mec Gar Magazines are very similar between different gun models. Magazine Catch modding might be doable.
-TP9SA magazines will not fully lock in a M&P9. They seem to be thinner by a few millimeters.
-Obviously M&P9 Magazines are too wide for the Canik.
-TP9 Magazines do seem to work in a Sub 2000 with some easy modding. (putting magazine release in upside down..)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D7vfvz0MOqQ

Not sure what make the 30 rounders are. Could be modded M9/Older Smith Mags.
Link Posted: 1/11/2015 5:02:25 AM EDT
[#34]
Also the holster that comes with the gun fits serpa attachments. I tested both the belt and paddle and they fit 100%.
Link Posted: 1/11/2015 10:04:11 PM EDT
[#35]
it looks like cheaper quality than a glock or M&P.. is it? just curious...
Link Posted: 1/11/2015 10:08:17 PM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:
View Quote

Equal or better to be honest.  The polymer is similar but I'd say the finishing and fit is better on the Canik.
Link Posted: 1/11/2015 11:07:28 PM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:

Equal or better to be honest.  The polymer is similar but I'd say the finishing and fit is better on the Canik.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Polymer seems to be sturdy just like the M&P. While on the glock you could very much bend the magazine well/dust cover.  It honestly doesn't feel that cheap. The texturing is pretty nice and I don't think I'll need any additional stippling/talon grips. Seems Rigid yet flexible.

Definitely doesn't have that cheap plastic feel like a Hipoint or Ruger P95 would. (Not hating on either, just using that as a base line.)

The slide finish is Ceracoat from what I heard. It should hold up reasonably well.

Link Posted: 1/14/2015 4:46:34 PM EDT
[#38]
Can you get threaded barrels for this? I'm thinking of buying one of these for a future suppressor host rather than getting my 92G back again. I already have several mags for it now that the SA version takes standard 92/M9 mags.
Link Posted: 1/14/2015 4:47:10 PM EDT
[#39]
*double tap*
Link Posted: 1/14/2015 5:32:29 PM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:
Can you get threaded barrels for this? I'm thinking of buying one of these for a future suppressor host rather than getting my 92G back again. I already have several mags for it now that the SA version takes standard 92/M9 mags.
View Quote

Let me say this again...

The Canik TP9SA does NOT take Beretta M92/M9 mags...

Can they be modified to work?

Probably, although I haven't tried it yet myself.

Forrest

Link Posted: 1/14/2015 6:10:43 PM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:

Let me say this again...

Forrest

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Let me say this again...

Forrest

Gotchya... Still, I have 5 or so M9 mags and two MecGar 18ers. Shouldn't be hard to do the mag catch.
Still, I can't find any info on threaded barrels.
Link Posted: 1/16/2015 1:41:16 AM EDT
[#42]
An Update, and a very small issue with the Mec Gar +2 Base Plates. Though I suspect this is just because of the springs, and soft shooting russian ammo. There were a few times where the slide did not lock back on the last shot. This happened with both the Canik and the M&P. Also tried a normal M&P magazine without the extension and had this happen. I'll experiment with some hotter NATO ammo, and wolf springs.

The +2 extended magazines do lock back firing 1 handed, and when putting the slide back manually. Any idea what that is about? They did not lock back with a 2 handed grip. Again factory Canik magazines with normal plates functioned flawlessly. Also despite the slide not locking back on the extended magazines, I had no FTF/FTE or any failures at all.

This was at around 10 yards. I know it isn't exactly the best. But it's good enough imo. I haven't shot in 6 months tbh. I don't really have any complaints

300 rounds of Wolf Poly Precision 115 grain.

50 Rounds of Federal Aluminum 115 grain.

17 rounds of some old Hollowpoints, 147 grain.

Didn't choke once, ran it as is from the factory. (A good cleaning/lube is in store for this gun when I have the time, though I kind of want to run it dirty and see how long it lasts.)

The sight radius is what might have caused me to shoot this pistol better than the M&P. Also my TFX front sight wasn't drifted center. It was off by a tiny bit... My bad..:hmm: Fixed it though.

The new Truglo TFX sights are very nice, and great for fast acquisition. But the sight radius is cut short.

Things to do:

-Find some night sights for the dang thing. Or fiber optics. P99 sights might not fit this generation.

-Experiment with different magazine springs for both the Canik and M&P9 (Had no failures, but slide didn't lock back a few times on extended magazines. Also WPA Ammo is pretty soft shooting so that can be a factor.) I'll see if this happens with NATO ammo. But thumbing the side stop on an empty magazine with both guns feels too easy with the extensions. ( don't have a hissy fit, I was just checking the tension... I sling shot most of the time..)

-Have a custom holster made w/ light cut out.

-Buy another in FDE :laugh:

-Score more magazines.
Link Posted: 1/16/2015 2:09:51 AM EDT
[#43]
Just recieved mine from buds.    Will hopefully be evaluating it at the range this weekend.  Love the trigger.  

Has anyone done business with nsrtactical they are offering some nice looking holster offerings for these ?
Link Posted: 1/16/2015 7:56:02 AM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:

LOL, are you new to guns? Most gun owners I know have all sorts of guns. I have a Les Baer, five H&Ks and many other handguns over $800. If I could only take a couple guns to the range with me, my Canik Stingray would probably be one of them.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
but it would salvage some mag interoperability for people who own P226s.

If you own a P226, odds are slim you'll stoop down to a sketchy $300 TP9

LOL, are you new to guns? Most gun owners I know have all sorts of guns. I have a Les Baer, five H&Ks and many other handguns over $800. If I could only take a couple guns to the range with me, my Canik Stingray would probably be one of them.

IKR? I have 1911's and even a 2011 that does not get near the attention they deserve...But my Canik55 Shark F/C and TriStar T-120 are my go-to guns...they get used and swapped out like cheap whores.
Link Posted: 1/16/2015 8:05:32 AM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:
An Update, and a very small issue with the Mec Gar +2 Base Plates. Though I suspect this is just because of the springs, and soft shooting russian ammo. There were a few times where the slide did not lock back on the last shot..
View Quote

That is all in the mag springs...if it were the ammo, you would see stovepiping...Try "tuning" your mag springs to compensate for the extended base plates.
Link Posted: 1/16/2015 8:20:14 AM EDT
[#46]
I love how the slide says "by Century Arms".  As if they had anything to do with the development of that pistol.  Sad marking IMHO.
Link Posted: 1/16/2015 8:40:05 AM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:
I love how the slide says "by Century Arms".  As if they had anything to do with the development of that pistol.  Sad marking IMHO.
View Quote

At least there's the Canik logo on the frame.

Anyone had this threaded?
Link Posted: 1/16/2015 5:31:26 PM EDT
[#48]
Just picked up my TP9SA today.  I actually like the trigger better than my VP9.  This trigger feels every bit as good as a PPQ.  Can't wait to go shooting next week.

I don't see how you could thread the existing barrel, it is flush with the end of the slide.  Maybe in the future if they start making a more compact version and you could use the current 4.5 inch barrel in.   David
Link Posted: 1/16/2015 5:40:20 PM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:

That is all in the mag springs...if it were the ammo, you would see stovepiping...Try "tuning" your mag springs to compensate for the extended base plates.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
An Update, and a very small issue with the Mec Gar +2 Base Plates. Though I suspect this is just because of the springs, and soft shooting russian ammo. There were a few times where the slide did not lock back on the last shot..

Thanks for the advise. I'm just going to order some wolf springs and see how it goes from there. (for the M&P)

I'm curious if these would work for the Canik.

http://www.dawsonprecision.com/ProductDetail.jsp?LISTID=800008DD-1388518055

Heck I wonder if just the normal XDM springs would work since the magazines hold 19.
Link Posted: 1/20/2015 6:21:45 PM EDT
[#50]
I got to put 400 rounds down range this morning through my TP9SA.  I was very pleased.  I put a +2 extension on one of the magazines to try it like Capt Destro.  Both the mags one with the factory base plate and the +2 extension worked fine.  I did have the mag not lock to the rear a few times, but that was my hand placement.  Blasing through 400 rounds in alittle over an hour shooting steel got the pistol quite warm.  I shifted my support hand because my thumb was cooking and I must have started riding the slide release.  About the only complaint I have is the front sight is short.  It is good for a 6 o'clock hold on the steel but that small nub is hard to pick up shooting fast.  For $380 I'm very please with my new range toy.  David
Page / 3
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top