Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 10/20/2014 8:57:18 AM EDT
I know they are about as opposite as you can get, but I'm going to buy one or the other this week.  It's going to be 90% nightstand/plinking gun and very occasional CCW rig.  I'm thinking accuracy wise they will be pretty close?  CZ will be heavier but won't be an issue as this is not a carry gun so maybe that's a plus for lighter recoil?  I'm going to throw a light on the gun too.
Link Posted: 10/20/2014 9:12:47 AM EDT
[#1]
Compare the height of each firearm with a flush fit mag. The CZ will be shorter.  It will however be heavier.  Invest in a quality belt like a Volund or some other reinforced belt and it will not be an issue with a quality holster. The CZ can be improved with part upgrades like Cajun or CZ Custom.  The H&K, while a quality firearm with many features I like, will always be what it is.
Link Posted: 10/20/2014 9:19:30 AM EDT
[#2]
If it's a nightstand gun primarily and need a rail, then get a SP-01. Nothing wrong with the VP9, but the CZ will have less recoil and 19rd mags and with a little work will have a much better trigger
Link Posted: 10/20/2014 9:31:08 AM EDT
[#3]
Dang its a tough call, you can't go wrong with either or so for the first time on arf I'll gladly say:

Both!

Link Posted: 10/20/2014 9:35:48 AM EDT
[#4]
Both are great guns but I say VP9 due to lighter weight and being striker fired with no manual safety.
Link Posted: 10/20/2014 10:13:41 AM EDT
[#5]
Do you have striker fired pistols already ? If if yes buy the CZS
Do you have DA/SA hammer fired pistols already , if yes buy the VP9

If you have both platforms represented already , flip a coin

Link Posted: 10/20/2014 10:23:58 AM EDT
[#6]
I am a big CZ guy. I currently have 5 of them, and not a single polymer pistol in my safe. That being said, I will be buying a VP9 sometime soon. Got a chance to shoot a buddies' and it was incredibly comfortable and fairly accurate. I wouldn't put it up there with the accuracy of my CZs but it did perform much better than i expected. The ergonomics were great, and for the price of the police model, you get a nice set of good night sights with it. As said above, the HK is currently not going to be as customizable and judging by other HK products, will likely never have the aftermarket support of other more common pistols.
Link Posted: 10/20/2014 10:36:21 AM EDT
[#7]
VP9
Link Posted: 10/20/2014 10:42:23 AM EDT
[#8]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I am a big CZ guy. I currently have 5 of them, and not a single polymer pistol in my safe. That being said, I will be buying a VP9 sometime soon. Got a chance to shoot a buddies' and it was incredibly comfortable and fairly accurate. I wouldn't put it up there with the accuracy of my CZs but it did perform much better than i expected. The ergonomics were great, and for the price of the police model, you get a nice set of good night sights with it. As said above, the HK is currently not going to be as customizable and judging by other HK products, will likely never have the aftermarket support of other more common pistols.
View Quote

That says a lot about the gun if you like the HK that much and are a CZ guy!  I own striker fired pistols now, so that's why I was kind of leaning towards the hammer of the CZ for something different to train with.  Any thoughts about which would be cheaper to purchase down the line, or which one may hold it's value better?  Wish I had the cash for both but can only buy one right now and maybe pick up the other one in the future.
Link Posted: 10/20/2014 11:19:08 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
Both are great guns but I say VP9 due to lighter weight and being striker fired with no manual safety.
View Quote

This  ^^^^^^^

Link Posted: 10/20/2014 12:01:47 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
That says a lot about the gun if you like the HK that much and are a CZ guy!  I own striker fired pistols now, so that's why I was kind of leaning towards the hammer of the CZ for something different to train with.  Any thoughts about which would be cheaper to purchase down the line, or which one may hold it's value better?  Wish I had the cash for both but can only buy one right now and maybe pick up the other one in the future.
View Quote

As far as price down the line the HK will definitely be cheaper. CZs hold their value extremeley well due to the small batch production runs they use. At any point in time they are only making one type of pistol and one type of bolt action. So the availability gets shaky on some models for a while. A great example is the massive waiting list you see right now for the CZ SP01 tactical. They haven't had a run in close to a year so used one are fetching almost the same price as new. With the HKs they are a new production so they were introduced at their highest price. As they gain in popularity and production starts to pass up the demand the price will naturally drop. So if you want to wait for the future then I would get the CZ now and the HK later. I don't think you'll be unhappy with either, so keep us updated on what you get.
Link Posted: 10/20/2014 12:25:25 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I have owned the CZ P01, P02, and PCR.  I have owned the USP45, USP45C, USP45CT, HK45, HK45C, P30, P30S, and UPS40c.  I have a little bit of experience and I vote SP01.  You can find it in SAO or DA/SA.
Link Posted: 10/20/2014 12:32:36 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

As far as price down the line the HK will definitely be cheaper. CZs hold their value extremeley well due to the small batch production runs they use. At any point in time they are only making one type of pistol and one type of bolt action. So the availability gets shaky on some models for a while. A great example is the massive waiting list you see right now for the CZ SP01 tactical. They haven't had a run in close to a year so used one are fetching almost the same price as new. With the HKs they are a new production so they were introduced at their highest price. As they gain in popularity and production starts to pass up the demand the price will naturally drop. So if you want to wait for the future then I would get the CZ now and the HK later. I don't think you'll be unhappy with either, so keep us updated on what you get.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Good points, I am leaning towards the CZ and after hearing what you said it makes sense.  I had a 97B that I should have held onto, I got basically what I paid for it when I sold it.
Link Posted: 10/20/2014 5:53:58 PM EDT
[#13]
Not even a comparison IMO. VP9
Link Posted: 10/20/2014 6:26:52 PM EDT
[#14]
Get the CZ
Link Posted: 10/20/2014 6:42:43 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
View Quote

+1
Link Posted: 10/20/2014 6:43:57 PM EDT
[#16]
As a man that recently shot my newly acquired sp-01... I say cz all the way. That gun is real sweet. Not taking away from the vp9, but the cz is that awesome.
Link Posted: 10/20/2014 7:26:16 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
View Quote

You speak as though you've never shot a CZ 75
Link Posted: 10/20/2014 8:31:37 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Lol no, I have and I sleep fine without one. CZ 75 as a cool range gun, okay. Not the gun I want when I go out or bump in the night. I'm boring though
Link Posted: 10/20/2014 9:02:33 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:

Lol no, I have and I sleep fine without one. CZ 75 as a cool range gun, okay. Not the gun I want when I go out or bump in the night. I'm boring though
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Must be a lot of CZ haters in here then. If the guns main purpose is night stand or range then I'd want the the gun with the higher capacity,  better trigger (we all know striker fire triggers will never be as good as a SA trigger), lower bore axis with less recoil, and heavier weight pistol (again, better recoil management). Not knocking the VP9, I've dry fired one and it felt nice. Hk makes good stuff as I own a USP45 that I'd never get rid of
Link Posted: 10/20/2014 9:09:58 PM EDT
[#20]
Hey, don't lump me in with the CZ haters. I like both and both are just as good as the other.

The disconnect is where the objective is being confused for someone else's subjective personal opinions of what a firearm should be to them instead of what the OP is asking.
Link Posted: 10/20/2014 9:10:58 PM EDT
[#21]

Quoted:

View Quote

SP-01 Tactical comes with night sights and a decocker, no safety.  That's the direction I would go.

Link Posted: 10/20/2014 11:00:26 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:

Must be a lot of CZ haters in here then. If the guns main purpose is night stand or range then I'd want the the gun with the higher capacity,  better trigger (we all know striker fire triggers will never be as good as a SA trigger), lower bore axis with less recoil, and heavier weight pistol (again, better recoil management). Not knocking the VP9, I've dry fired one and it felt nice. Hk makes good stuff as I own a USP45 that I'd never get rid of
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

I'll be the first one to tell you to get what works best for you, that said in my experience the tremendous two have been Glock and M&P in recent years for a reason. With the inevitability of the VP series to expand, you can count on the VP series to maintain and gain popularity status to the big three.

If I HAD to use a CZ, I'd be G2G but there are so many guns out there I'd take before a CZ. FWIW I'm a pretty decent handgun shooter. The biggest complaint I have with CZs is how short in height the slide is to grasp. It's a deal breaker for me. I don't even need to get into the other reasons, stops right there for me
Link Posted: 10/21/2014 3:32:03 AM EDT
[#23]
I can't believe there are 20 posts in this thread and I'm the 1st to say get both.  

I'm a big CZ fan but the VP is a nice shooter.  You had occasional CCW listed so I would lean towards the VP9.  The SP01 is a lot of weight if you aren't dedicated to a good holster and belt combo.  Also you are going to have to get the CZ trigger worked on to get it as nice as the HK.  Good luck, David
Link Posted: 10/21/2014 9:57:06 AM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:
I can't believe there are 20 posts in this thread and I'm the 1st to say get both.  

I'm a big CZ fan but the VP is a nice shooter.  You had occasional CCW listed so I would lean towards the VP9.  The SP01 is a lot of weight if you aren't dedicated to a good holster and belt combo.  Also you are going to have to get the CZ trigger worked on to get it as nice as the HK.  Good luck, David
View Quote
Nope, you're not the first.

Link Posted: 10/21/2014 10:02:58 AM EDT
[#25]
I'm a SP01 fan especially my fake Shadow version. I don't have a striker poly so I plan on getting the VP9. So the right answer is more
Link Posted: 10/21/2014 11:10:15 AM EDT
[#26]
I like striker fired guns...

But I have a SP01 Tactical in my night stand.
Link Posted: 10/21/2014 1:39:43 PM EDT
[#27]
VP9
Link Posted: 10/23/2014 5:04:12 AM EDT
[#28]
Im trying to decide the same thing right now...VP9 or FDE P09....
Link Posted: 10/23/2014 5:54:27 AM EDT
[#29]
I own a PPQ and SP01, SAO, and 97BD. So, I guess I'm covered.  :)
Link Posted: 10/23/2014 7:07:33 AM EDT
[#30]
Due to the heavier weight, manual safety, and hammer fired action. I would choose the CZ.
Link Posted: 10/23/2014 1:24:08 PM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:
Due to the heavier weight, manual safety, and hammer fired action. I would choose the CZ VP9.
View Quote

Thats what I did, the VP is very, very nice
Link Posted: 10/24/2014 4:32:59 AM EDT
[#32]
Well I made my decision solely on price.  I got a much better deal on the HK so I went with that.  Haven't had a chance to shoot it yet but I'll post a range report in the HK section when I do.  Thanks for all the advice, now I'm saving for the CZ as my next purchase!

20141023_093249 by upnorthbacon, on Flickr
Link Posted: 10/24/2014 10:26:16 PM EDT
[#33]
Hell yeah, that HK is a good one and when you get that CZ later, you'll have another quality pistol too.
Link Posted: 10/24/2014 11:32:18 PM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:
Well I made my decision solely on price.  I got a much better deal on the HK so I went with that.  Haven't had a chance to shoot it yet but I'll post a range report in the HK section when I do.  Thanks for all the advice, now I'm saving for the CZ as my next purchase!

<a href="https://flic.kr/p/pvhqVa" target="_blank">https://farm4.staticflickr.com/3942/15427589659_2e6c4a7e46_c.jpg</a>20141023_093249 by upnorthbacon, on Flickr
View Quote

You made the right choice. Skip the CZ and focus on honing in your skills as we all should. Use the CZ money towards holsters, ammo, and a Surefire X300
Link Posted: 10/25/2014 4:18:20 AM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:

<a href="https://flic.kr/p/pvhqVa" target="_blank">https://farm4.staticflickr.com/3942/15427589659_2e6c4a7e46_c.jpg</a>20141023_093249 by upnorthbacon, on Flickr
View Quote

Excellent choice!
Congratulations!
Link Posted: 10/25/2014 10:24:57 AM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:
I know they are about as opposite as you can get, but I'm going to buy one or the other this week.  It's going to be 90% nightstand/plinking gun and very occasional CCW rig.  I'm thinking accuracy wise they will be pretty close?  CZ will be heavier but won't be an issue as this is not a carry gun so maybe that's a plus for lighter recoil?  I'm going to throw a light on the gun too.
View Quote

My mother in law just got a CZ75B-SA for her home defense and eventually for CCW. She tried 11 different pistols before settling on the CZ with me at my club. That pistol is awesome with a crisp single action only trigger from the factory. I was thoroughly impressed with the pistol and I'm a 1911 & M&P guy myself. My next pistol will be a CZ 75bSA or an SP01, but in .40 caliber. With a Comp-Tac Minotaur holster and my Beltman bull hide reinforced belt carrying it is sure to be a pleasure.
Link Posted: 10/25/2014 12:07:12 PM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:

My mother in law just got a CZ75B-SA for her home defense and eventually for CCW. She tried 11 different pistols before settling on the CZ with me at my club. That pistol is awesome with a crisp single action only trigger from the factory. I was thoroughly impressed with the pistol and I'm a 1911 & M&P guy myself. My next pistol will be a CZ 75bSA or an SP01, but in .40 caliber. With a Comp-Tac Minotaur holster and my Beltman bull hide reinforced belt carrying it is sure to be a pleasure.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Why buy a CZ in .40?  You give up so much capacity.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top