Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 4/18/2014 1:04:38 PM EDT
I will replace my DB9 and j Frame as my Backup.  I had to wait to fire one before I made the decision and I will drill with it several times before I carry it.
Link Posted: 4/18/2014 1:15:57 PM EDT
[#1]
Cool. What ammo will you carry?

Posted Via AR15.Com Mobile
Link Posted: 4/18/2014 1:45:08 PM EDT
[#2]
Winchester Ranger 127 +P+.  I was lucky enough to get a bunch of it before it disappeared.  It fires the exact same  place Blazer brass 124 grain does so I'll drill with that.  Then, conduct a function check with the Winchester as a carry load and be off to the races.
Link Posted: 4/18/2014 2:22:07 PM EDT
[#3]
What were your impressions on the P290 so far? Accuracy/Recoil?  I am looking forward to a range report once you are able to put a bunch of rounds through it. I am seriously considering purchasing one as a warm weather carry. The only other sub compact gun I am interested in is the Glock 42 but prefer 9mm especially since I get it free from work.

Thanks
Link Posted: 4/18/2014 2:54:37 PM EDT
[#4]
I fired one the morning before I bought.  A LEO buddy of mine carries one as a BUG and he let me shoot 2 mags full with it.  I did 5 meters and shot a 3 inch group with Blazer 115 grain.  For a BUG that is excellent.  Not a sign of a malfunction.  He has been in a couple of gunfights and put several hundred rounds through it before carrying it so I feel pretty confident.
Link Posted: 4/18/2014 4:00:43 PM EDT
[#5]
Thanks for the info. What holster are you planning on using?
Link Posted: 4/18/2014 4:36:35 PM EDT
[#6]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Thanks for the info. What holster are you planning on using?
View Quote

Akers ankle holster.
Link Posted: 4/18/2014 5:42:03 PM EDT
[#7]
Have one and thus far works well. This weapon filled in for the Kahr PM9 I used to have. It shoots well no malfunctions to date with minimum of 200 rounds fired, The trigger similar to PM9 just not as smooth. It is heavier than the PM9 but not by much but dollar for dollar it is several hundred less expensive than the Kahr. Mine came with 2 6 round and 1 8 round magazine and night sights standard. The bottom line is would I rather have the Kahr, yes but not for the price difference, this is a solid shooter and the money I saved can be put to good use elsewhere. I would recommend this pistol.
Link Posted: 4/25/2014 6:33:29 PM EDT
[#8]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Have one and thus far works well. This weapon filled in for the Kahr PM9 I used to have. It shoots well no malfunctions to date with minimum of 200 rounds fired, The trigger similar to PM9 just not as smooth. It is heavier than the PM9 but not by much but dollar for dollar it is several hundred less expensive than the Kahr. Mine came with 2 6 round and 1 8 round magazine and night sights standard. The bottom line is would I rather have the Kahr, yes but not for the price difference, this is a solid shooter and the money I saved can be put to good use elsewhere. I would recommend this pistol.
View Quote

Everyone I've spoken to who has one says this.  Sig makes a quality product.  
Link Posted: 4/26/2014 3:07:04 AM EDT
[#9]
nice to read that the 115GR and the 127 +P+ work in this pistol too...I use the 124GR Speer Gold Dot and mine has been 100% and VERY accurate...

Bill
Link Posted: 4/29/2014 7:26:22 PM EDT
[#10]
Plan to shoot with several more defense loads this weekend, I will post pics.
Link Posted: 4/30/2014 3:58:25 PM EDT
[#11]
I picked up my P290RS a few days ago and was able to hit the range yesterday. I didn't have much time so I only fired 100 rounds of Speer Lawman 124grain. I also fired 25 rounds of Speer Gold Dot 124 and 25 rounds of Gold Dot 124+p. There were zero issues and I was surprised with how soft this gun shoots. There is less felt recoil then my Gen4 Glock 26. I was also surprised with how well this gun ejects the rounds. It was ejecting rounds with force similar to my P7M8. That is a very good thing especially since my Gen 4 Glocks have been trying to shove all the brass down my throat. The trigger is heavy but smooth and will take some getting some getting used to. It carries like a dream with no printing while wearing shorts and a t shirt and that is with the supplied Fobus paddle holster (I need to find a quality kydex holster). I should also mention that the build quality is excellent with perfect fit and finish. Overall I am pleased and it should make a great warm weather carry gun.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top