Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 4/16/2014 11:10:27 AM EDT
I've got a few questions regarding my glock.
I want to do some stippling and reduction to the grip of my G19; will that void my warrenty? Or does the warrenty even matter?
Link Posted: 4/16/2014 11:22:08 AM EDT
[#1]
Quoted:
I've got a few questions regarding my glock.
I want to do some stippling and reduction to the grip of my G19; will that void my warrenty? Yes
Or does the warrenty even matter?  Not until you need it
View Quote

Obvious answers are obvious.
Link Posted: 4/16/2014 11:31:55 AM EDT
[#2]
Ha thanks man. I just noticed that you can only apply for the warrenty within 30 days of purchase, and it's been well over 30 days since I've bought my glock. Oh sell I never plan on messing with the internals of the gun since it's my EDC.

Plus, Glocks are Glocks, they run no matter what.
Link Posted: 4/16/2014 11:51:04 AM EDT
[#3]
Try some talon grips before you start hacking on your frame, you might like them and they won't break the bank. http://talongungrips.com/grips/glock/
Link Posted: 4/16/2014 11:59:57 AM EDT
[#4]
Cold Bore Customs seems to have decent prices on stippling FWIW
Link Posted: 4/16/2014 12:34:36 PM EDT
[#5]
Glock will fix your gun if the problem is not stippling related.
And even if you are the umteenth owner.
Link Posted: 4/16/2014 3:57:47 PM EDT
[#6]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Ha thanks man. I just noticed that you can only apply for the warrenty within 30 days of purchase, and it's been well over 30 days since I've bought my glock. Oh sell I never plan on messing with the internals of the gun since it's my EDC.

Plus, Glocks are Glocks, they run no matter what.
View Quote

You don't need to mail in the warranty card to be covered under the warranty.  If you stipple the grip and then break the frame Glock might charge you for a new frame, but if you need warranty work on the rest of the gun Glock will probably still cover it.  Glock has excellent CS.
Link Posted: 4/16/2014 9:44:36 PM EDT
[#7]
Glocks do tend to run great until you start messing with them- no shortage of posts in every glock forum about I put xyz aftermarket part in my gun now it won't work!
The fix it until it breaks cliche
Link Posted: 4/17/2014 3:42:11 AM EDT
[#8]
I've been running Glock pistols for the past decade.  As long as you don't have a, 'Glock problem' that is incurable - like, say, a model with an ambidextrous safety - you don't need the factory to fix your Glock.  I've sent Glock pistols to Smyrna that had real problems when I sent them in, and still had real problems when I got them back, too.

My suggestion?  Learn how to fix your Glock pistols yourself.  Glocks are (relatively) simple mechanical devices.  If you make an effort and teach yourself how, there are no expensive trips to the factory, no tongue-in-cheek factory bullshit excuses, and whatever parts you need are available from numerous aftermarket vendors.  How do you learn to fix your own Glock?  There is a plethora of, 'how to' books and instructional videos available for anyone - except those who are completely mechanically inept - to learn from.  

Fixing a Glock isn't, 'rocket science'.  As a matter of fact I've been waiting for more than three years, now, for the Glock factory to finally fix the crappy MIM extractor on my G-19.  It doesn't work well like the machined steel extractors on my other (older) Glock pistols do; and, even with a dozen trips to the factory in Smyrna it ain't ever going to work like the old steel extractors do.  If you want to stipple your frame I'd say to go ahead and do it.  There are far more serious Glock problems, and potential Glock problems out there than simply stippling your frame.  (Which I've, also, done; and, trust me, there is no adverse effect on performance.)
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top