Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 3/9/2017 11:52:01 AM EDT
Thinking about sending in my slide to be cut for a different front site. Basically a tritium front and leave the stock rears.

I saw Novak and C&S on here. Which is best? And is it worth it to do the rears too? This is gonna be a carry gun so I just want some more color on the front other than the nail polish I'm using now. But I do want to retain the slimness of the front blade.
Link Posted: 3/9/2017 4:57:29 PM EDT
[#1]
I haven't sent anything to C&S so no experience there. I have sent a few to Novaks though. The work is excellent and the turnaround time is very quick. It it were me I would do the front and rear.
Link Posted: 3/9/2017 10:20:36 PM EDT
[#2]
C&S does good work.  I don't know about their turn around for sights but when I had a trigger job and beavertail done years ago the time was months.  Another good HP smith is Jim Garthwaite.   Don't know his turn around though.
Link Posted: 3/16/2017 12:04:09 AM EDT
[#3]
I did Novaks and the were super quick, easy to deal with and did a fantastic job

I had the old sights removed (beer can style with tall blade front), the slide milled and new sights installed. I did solid black rear and white surround tritium front. Really great setup and I'm glad I took Novaks suggestion to try that combination

They are 100% good to go!

Jim Garthwaite is also awesome and I plan to have him do some barrel refinements for reliability and trigger work for my hi power here soon. He's also super easy to deal with and responsive on questions.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top